Croke Park in June is go (Confirmed)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarquinsuperb

War Child
I should explain that I'm not working for this company I'm just sharing with you guys what I think is the closest to confiramtion we've had for any date:-
Further to the information I received from The Online Ticket company yesterday (see my Pre-Public sales post) I have received another email from them:-

" TO ALL ONLINE TICKET SHOP CUSTOMERS

U2 - CROKE PARK

U2 HAVE ANNOUNCED TWO MASSIVE DATES TO BE PERFORMED IN THE CENTRE OF DUBLIN.

U2 - CROKE PARK - 17TH JUNE 2005

U2 - CROKE PARK - 18TH JUNE 2005

THESE TICKETS ARE SURE TO SELL OUT VERY FAST. TO ENSURE YOUR PLACE AT ONE OF
THE BIGGEST GIGS OF THE YEAR..........."

This would fit in with them doing Glasto.

This company also have three levels of price:
General Admission
Reserved Seating
Front Third (Platinum) Seating.

Oh my God the Tour is actually on it's way I'm so excited.

Souly said:
:shocked:

I have to find a way to get to this.

I know, I don't nearly have enough money to do itbut half of me is considering paying I fortune so I can guarantee I will be there. Must resist that urge though.
Oh God, I think I'd swim across the Irish Sea to see these shows.

tarquinsuperb said:

I know, I don't nearly have enough money to do itbut half of me is considering paying I fortune so I can guarantee I will be there. Must resist that urge though.
Oh God, I think I'd swim across the Irish Sea to see these shows.

I would too. Unfortunatly, the odds of me going to those shows are not high, as that is the week before final exams. But, if they move the shows to the 25th or any time after that, it would be perfect!

U2log.com says

The reputable Sunday Business Post reports that U2 will begin its 2005 European tour in Dublin, performing at Croke Park on June 26 and 27, 2005 (with a possible third date on the 28th).

We’d like to remind readers that any published tour dates and locations should be considered rumor until they are announced and/or confirmed by an official source, which, in this case, they have not been.

I have a feeling that the Sunday Business Post may have got the wrong dates for the start of the European tour.Glastonbury(UK) Festival 2005 is likely to take place over the weekend of 24th June to 26th June 2004.It is rumoured that U2 will play this festival.If so, they are likely to play the headlining slot on the Saturday evening 25th June leaving little time to prepare for the Dublin dates over the next 3 days.To have Stadium dates on a Monday & Tuesday would also seem unusual so maybe the 17/6/04 to 19/6/04 dates for Croke Park are more accurate?

I do think they are on the 17th and 18th, as the website indicates. Well, I hope so, since I just bought two tickets for the 18th.

Expensive? Yeah,
Worth it? Ooooh yeah.

Ant.

what does everyoen reckon the best tickets will be? as in best i mean closest to the stage. seeign theres no golden circle of somethign like that i'm presuming its the general entry ones
any ideas?

Anthony said:
I do think they are on the 17th and 18th, as the website indicates. Well, I hope so, since I just bought two tickets for the 18th.

Expensive? Yeah,
Worth it? Ooooh yeah.

Ant.

ant

have you got your confirmation email about the tickets yet?

Back
Top Bottom