Croke Park 26th June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evenbetterthan

The Fly
In an interview a couple of weeks ago, Pat Spillane (the great man that he is) pointed out out that no hurling games could take place on the weekend of 26th of June because "U2 are playing there"- It's official, I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Hope!!!!!!!

Looks like 3 nights

A friend of mine lives across from Croke Park and just wrote me:

The GAA have posted a planning permission request on the gates of the Cusack Stand at Croke Park seeking permission for an 1 hour extension of curfew for live music events from 22:00 to 23:00 hours for 3 live music events on June 24th/25th and 26th 2005.

<<Note the change of dates, though!>>

Last edited:
you guys!
If i pull this off--if i get those 2 tickets,man,this would be a dream come true,it can be the last concert i go to,i don't care,as long as i see u2 play on their home ground.If i get the chance....
I've already booked a hostel from 24-27 June,but i don't know if i make it with tickets,though....So,Irish,any help would be appreciated:sexywink:
-Take care:wave:

The band have booked the Clarence hotel out in full for the whole of that weekend, so I think its a safe bet dont you??
A friend of mine tried to book a room for those dates.

Update from Croke Park

The GAA sent out informational updates to all the neighbors of Croke Park this morning saying they are in discussions with a concert promoter for a major show on the 24th and 25th of June, with another show on the 26th a possibility "depending on ticket demand".

haha, thats funny that you mention Pat Spillane, he's my dad's second cousin. I last saw him about 2-3 years ago at his pub near Kenmare, Ireland. That place is always fun....

I'm so going to be there that weekend! On the last tour I saw U2 at Slane and that convinced me to go and see them again in Ireland. It's truly something special. Can't wait!!!:)

Bono's Tart said:
The band have booked the Clarence hotel out in full for the whole of that weekend, so I think its a safe bet dont you??
A friend of mine tried to book a room for those dates.

Oh damn...hubby and I are planning to come to see them in Dublin and I was going to try to talk him into springing for a room for the full experience! Oh well!

come on,man! You can't be staying at the same hotel as THE MEN themselves!Leave them some privacy,book a hostel and meet with other u2 fans!Its fun---not breaking into every inch of their privacy,but i kind of like what larry said about fans: I'm intolerant of the fan---just sneeking and hanging around someone's house,is a waste of time.
Well,i'd like to get a photo of me and the band too,and autographs and all,but hey---you can't have everything,right?

cheers!

tilen said:
come on,man! You can't be staying at the same hotel as THE MEN themselves!Leave them some privacy,book a hostel and meet with other u2 fans!Its fun---not breaking into every inch of their privacy,but i kind of like what larry said about fans: I'm intolerant of the fan---just sneeking and hanging around someone's house,is a waste of time.
Well,i'd like to get a photo of me and the band too,and autographs and all,but hey---you can't have everything,right?

cheers!

I was hoping to do this but didn't think they'd be staying there - I'd just like to stay at the clarence whilst going to see a u2 gig at the same time :) Although it would probably be too expensive for me anyway.

So wheres the best place to stay on a budget in Dublin?

tilen said:

cheers!

As No. 3.5 said, I was just planning on trying because it's "the U2 hotel" (not to mention a very nice one, by the sounds of it), not because I thought they'd be there. I would think they'd go home afterwards, wouldn't they? And I certainly have no intention of "sneaking round" their houses, that would just be creepy (although I wouldn't mind a look at Bono's famous gates...you don't put up gates that fancy for people not to look at them!) I don't know where they live, and I can't say I particularly care. But the Clarence is a hotel...just because it's owned by U2 doesn't mean everyone who stays there is invading their privacy!

yes,i know,u2queenbee. I apologise,man,i wasn't being that serious...And as people said,Clarence is not a very brilliant option for fans on a low budget,such as myself....I wasn't inside yet, but from the outside i think it doesn't outweigh the price..

See you all
:D

tilen said:
yes,i know,u2queenbee. I apologise,man,i wasn't being that serious...And as people said,Clarence is not a very brilliant option for fans on a low budget,such as myself....I wasn't inside yet, but from the outside i think it doesn't outweigh the price..

See you all
:D

No worries! Probably too rich for my blood anyway! :p

No. 3.5 said:

So wheres the best place to stay on a budget in Dublin?

My friend and I stayed at Litton Lane Hostel in August this year. It used to be a recording studio (for U2, too) and there are great paintings etc. of U2 and other Irish bands and artists on the walls. It's located in the heart of Dublin and although there's a loud pub right next to the hostel, I'd still recommend it.:wink: So if you are looking for a cheap place to stay in then you should consider Litton Lane.

yes,but you should consider also that at www.hostels.com a lot of them were unavailable for that weekend around 25th June one month ago!!!So,if you're planning anything, i strongly suggest you book it very quickly per email or internet( they only cut you 2.5%of total price,so no big deal), otherwise you'll be heavily disapponited on arriving to Dublin and discovering no free rooms are available...
Anyway,me and my friend booked JacobcsINN hostel,Croke Park is very near. Marlborough hostel is also very near- but no free rooms,as indicated at hostels.com--but it's a nice hostel,i have been there one night.

Cheers for now
:wave:

I have friends living in dublin I am hoping we can stay with them overnight if I can get my hands on tickets of course

Watch U2 LIVE at Croke Park in Dublin
BEST PLATINUM SEATS at U2's fav. venue - Croke Park

There are people that are start to sell this tickets
$483.59 each WOW

h**p://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1307&item=6500500029&rd=1

Are you kidding me?!I'm not a millionaire to buy those ticks!!
I mean,i can live with that money for more than one month!
Ridiculous prices,i'm not paying that much,

No 3.5- You might try Jury's Inn in Christchurch, it'll prob be around 100 euro (ish) per night. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the city centre, depending on where your idea of the city centre is! There's also the Westbury or the Shelbourne if you're willing to pay a bit more but they're prob around Clarence prices- though really nice and right in city centre.

ZooGrl said:
No 3.5- You might try Jury's Inn in Christchurch, it'll prob be around 100 euro (ish) per night. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the city centre, depending on where your idea of the city centre is! There's also the Westbury or the Shelbourne if you're willing to pay a bit more but they're prob around Clarence prices- though really nice and right in city centre.

At Barnacles Temple Bar house, you can get a bed in a dorm room for 35 dollars during that weekend the last I checked. Barnacles Temple Bar house is just down the street in Temple Bar from the Clarence.

Back
Top Bottom