Couple of questions about the last night's show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'm back home now.

The person who seemed to have the problems at the beginning of the encore was Edge. His guitar was not in tune, he started playing the First Time and he noticed so he started trying to tune it. It was pretty funny. I don't think he was ever satisfied with the tuning and the problem continued into WGRYWH which is why Bono made the "professional" comment. Although all of them were laughing at this whole thing.

I didn't notice any problems with Larry at all.

What shows!!! :drool:

ramblin rose, it was nice to see you (even if from a distance) last night... i will say this about larry... on friday, when i was in the ellipse and larry walked out for yahweh, i noticed that he had some kind of bandage around his one arm. maybe it's a brace or something. it would make sense that they went a little lighter on the encore if his arm is bothering him. maybe he has tendonitis in his elbow (makes sense since he is a drummer) or something.

norsehorse23 said:
one more thing ramblin rose... did your nephew forward you the pics i sent him???

It was nice to see you too. I just got home and did have the pictures in my inbox, (they're great!!). I'm going to look through mine from last night and have him send you a few of those.

Larry always has that brace on btw and although I loved the Zoo encore, I'm glad I got to see this one too.

I've decided I won't be critizing anymore at the setlist parties, it's one thing when you're online, it's another when you're there. I think I had forgotten this recently :reject:

U2Man said:
Yes, something is bothering Larry. You saw it on Conan and people said he looked angry at a certain moment at the end of the first NY show.

Larry actually had a huge smile and laugh after Fast Cars, and that was after one hell of a drum solo at the end...

BonoBabe40 said:

*waves at Shannon* we saw you from our seats..first level up, right above where you were. Got some pics for ya too...includin one of Tony sleepin on your shoulder :)

:rockon: post 'em.. i wanna see :hyper:

and as for larry... they let him do an extended drum solo at the end of fast cars, and he was certianly bangin' the shit out ot the drums durring love and peace... so he looked just fine and dandy to me... and i had a fairly decent view...

I did not notice anything from Conan - but I had a clear sight of him yelling at his drum tech on Friday. I am fairly certain it had something to do with the tech either putting on or taking off Larry's in ear monitors for him to go to the front of the stage.

He was pretty heated. After the show ended, Adam's tech asked Larry's what happened and he explained it had something to do with the cord...

ouizy said:
I did not notice anything from Conan - but I had a clear sight of him yelling at his drum tech on Friday. I am fairly certain it had something to do with the tech either putting on or taking off Larry's in ear monitors for him to go to the front of the stage.

He was pretty heated. After the show ended, Adam's tech asked Larry's what happened and he explained it had something to do with the cord...

The same thing happened with Bono on 10/8 right? I thought before Wild Horses he was asking a tech to give him something that looked like ear monitors?

just took this picture... a copy of last night's setlist from msg.

msgsetlist.JPG

u2wedge said:

The same thing happened with Bono on 10/8 right? I thought before Wild Horses he was asking a tech to give him something that looked like ear monitors?

No that was his rosary beads that Bono was looking for on Saturday.

Larry's arms were definitely bothering him. For almost the entire duration of WH I could see on the screen he was clutching and rubbing his bicep.

Back
Top Bottom