Cleveland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Setlist for those just rocking up:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Gloria
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet)
Original Of The Species
Norwegian Wood
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One / Help (snippet)

Encore(s):
Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Instant Karma!
Yahweh

10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif

Axver, did you ever hear that at the dress rehearsal show, that for the Human Rights segment, it ran for about 4-5 minutes? They read all the articles aloud. It seemed to drag down the momentum in the show.

I wonder if any Cleveland concertgoers will get back and steer us back on topic! :lol:

I want to know what was snippeted in Vertigo and at the end of Beautiful Day after Sgt. Pepper's! :rant:

catlhere said:
Just 1 really really BIG one. :wink:
:hmm: so far i've made five and i don't want to overdo it or get caught. i mean, i'm going during the day and everything so i need to be discreet.

i'm running out of witty things so i think i'll stop at five :D

Halup said:
Axver, did you ever hear that at the dress rehearsal show, that for the Human Rights segment, it ran for about 4-5 minutes? They read all the articles aloud. It seemed to drag down the momentum in the show.

I never knew that! I remember that pre-tour, there was a story that said it was going to be some big 8-9 minute display with talking heads made of fog above the crowd and whatnot. I'd thought it had always turned out to be the short 60 second thing live, though.

Axver said:
I wonder if any Cleveland concertgoers will get back and steer us back on topic! :lol:

I want to know what was snippeted in Vertigo and at the end of Beautiful Day after Sgt. Pepper's! :rant:

I don't like how Help! and the other songs that follow One are being called snippets. It's misleading since they are performaned after One is fully finished.

KhanadaRhodes said:

Of course. You know my style by now

Topic=Outstanding
Part Deux=Amazing
Part Trois=Incredible
Part Catre=Mindboggling
Part Cinq=Monsterous (might change it to insanity)

according to u2tours.com:

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo - She Loves You, Elevation, Gloria, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - In a Little While, Beautiful Day, Original of the Species - Norwegian Wood, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday - Rock the Casbah, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One - Help

Encore(s): Until the End of the World, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Instant Karma, Yahweh, 40

Halup said:

I don't like how Help! and the other songs that follow One are being called snippets. It's misleading since they are performaned after One is fully finished.

Ah, the continual snippet debate. :wink:

I've been lead to believe Help is just a verse, and it's so tiny that I think it's merely an addition tacked on after One. However, when they did MLK after One, it was the complete lyrics of MLK like it had been performed back in the eighties, so I counted it separately. In a case of doubt like this, if it's only a fragment of a song, I list it as a snippet.

Also, I prefer to err on the side of caution. I'd rather call something a snippet and then change it upon later consideration than mislead someone into thinking "OMG MY FAVRIT BEETLEZ SONG WAS PLAED IN FUL!!!11!11!11"

Gen. Chat said:
Just wondering when the tours over where is a good place to hang out? I did a little digging around Interference when I went premium but there’s a lot of forums out there.
:hmm: i dunno. i don't really hang out in any chat threads myself other than these, if you consider these to be chat threads.

what will we do? :sad:

catlhere said:
Of course. You know my style by now

Topic=Outstanding
Part Deux=Amazing
Part Trois=Incredible
Part Catre=Mindboggling
Part Cinq=Monsterous (might change it to insanity)
of course, but i just thought i should point it out :wink: german's my second language, but french is just :combust:

Axver said:

I never knew that! I remember that pre-tour, there was a story that said it was going to be some big 8-9 minute display with talking heads made of fog above the crowd and whatnot. I'd thought it had always turned out to be the short 60 second thing live, though.

Even though it was well imtentioned, it really got dull having all articles read to us. I like when Bono speaks out and says whatever he wants. It's his right as the artist, but when they resorted to using a long drawn out film to "teach" us, I felt it was hurting the show. I really expected it to change and could see immediately at San Diego how much more effective it was.

Does anyone else get all their Interference emails about a response to a thread you posted in at once. :crazy:

I keep getting like 30 at a time. :eek:

U2Man said:
Hey! I see that Axver finally got Instant Karma! right. :wink:

I've got it right ever since you e-mailed me and I changed it on U2VT but forgot to e-mail you back and thank you for pointing that out! :wink:

Axver said:

I've got it right ever since you e-mailed me and I changed it on U2VT but forgot to e-mail you back and thank you for pointing that out! :wink:

Ok :wink:

Lila64 said:
according to u2tours.com:

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo - She Loves You, Elevation, Gloria, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - In a Little While, Beautiful Day, Original of the Species - Norwegian Wood, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday - Rock the Casbah, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One - Help

Encore(s): Until the End of the World, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Instant Karma, Yahweh, 40

Ah, She Loves You! Thanks!

Axver said:

Ah, the continual snippet debate. :wink:

I've been lead to believe Help is just a verse, and it's so tiny that I think it's merely an addition tacked on after One. However, when they did MLK after One, it was the complete lyrics of MLK like it had been performed back in the eighties, so I counted it separately. In a case of doubt like this, if it's only a fragment of a song, I list it as a snippet.

Also, I prefer to err on the side of caution. I'd rather call something a snippet and then change it upon later consideration than mislead someone into thinking "OMG MY FAVRIT BEETLEZ SONG WAS PLAED IN FUL!!!11!11!11"

The thing is, they performed Help! (I assume since I did not hear it) the same way they always have. This short version is the same length as U2 released in 1990 on the home video tribute to John Lennon and on that, there was no need to mark that it was not a full song. We are trained to think of snippets in the u2 sense as song lyrics Bono throws into a U2 song. In the case of Help! and others, they are short or partial songs, so they should be referred to as something other than snippets.

Lila64 said:
for Axver's 20,000th post:

24.gif

and catlhere - unsubscribe to the thread you are getting emails about...

:lmao: I totally missed it!

I loved when Khan totally missed her 20,000th post. It was wonderfully ironic. It was during Non-single Survivor for October and for her 20,000th post, Khan posted her vote. What did she vote for?

Rejoice.

It was wonderfully apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom