Cleveland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Not in the slightest. Another song that could use a break, though I think Bullet should go first.

Imagine if this part of the political set involved Please and Crumbs instead. :drool:
please yes...not so much of crumbs.....and i think you'd appreciate the fact that I think they need to play One Tree Hill again, kinda like they did during Lovetown tour....that solo is dynamite at the end

RavenBlue said:
If I went to a show and they didn't play Pride, I think I'd be a little tinsy bit disapointed. I'm sure folks who have gone to shows have heard it enough, but for a first time concertgoer, I think that song is a must hear.

I'd disagree there. Before this tour, I was just as vocal about eliminating Pride as I am now, and my first shows were this tour. As much as I like a song, I don't want to hear it if it's tired and overplayed. Miraculously, Pride doesn't sound tired this tour (actually, it sounds better than it has in two decades), but it's still waaayyy overplayed. 715+ times. How can the band do that and not get sick of the song to the point of loathing?

I wouldn't want to see the band drop "The Classics"

just rotate them ya know?

it would be unfair to the casual fan, just as unfair to the megafans gyped from not seeing certain songs

circa1992 said:
This is kind of random, but does anyone have any bootlegs of 5/17/05, 10/14/05, 11/22/05, or 12/7/05 or know how I could get them because u2tourrents doesn't work for us???

I have 10/14

what's your email? or I can try to YSI it but it might take a while...

The Rock the Casbah snippet is one of my favorites. I admit I've turned the stream down, too, because my ears are still bothering me.

I had a baby crying and a woman talking nonstop on her cell phone on my train from Buffalo this morning, so I needed my iPod to stay sane, even though I hadn't planned on using it. I'd already overslept and missed my chance to get coffee, and I'm a wee bit homicidal in the morning if I don't have coffee. The recording of People Get Ready from Philly still gives me goosebumps, though!

corianderstem said:

Well, come now. Just because I'm bored with a few songs doesn't make me elitist. Just different than you.

I wasn't calling you that, just saying in general. Not pointing out anyone. :wink:

corianderstem said:
I wasn't going to go see PopMart in Madison, WI (can't remember my reason), but one of my co-workers said he could get us 15th row seats for $150 each. I hemmed and hawed until he said, 'Come on, Alicia ... do it for Bono!"

So I came up with the dough. :wink: It was completely worth it.

Propaganda really came through for me for the Los Angeles Popmart show putting me in the 9th row center. For Miami, they did not do so well for me, but it was amazing be that close in L.A.

If the band is bored with playing any songs, I hope they drop them. I'd rather I be bored, then listen to a bored band.

blueyedpoet said:

please yes...not so much of crumbs.....and i think you'd appreciate the fact that I think they need to play One Tree Hill again, kinda like they did during Lovetown tour....that solo is dynamite at the end

I am hoping and praying that because U2 are doing two shows in Auckland this tour, they'd pull out One Tree Hill. That'd be a dream come true, and the Kiwi crowd will go INSANE.

catlhere said:

I wasn't calling you that, just saying in general. Not pointing out anyone. :wink:

I know ... I was trying to be general, but not speak for everyone else, too. I have failed! :wink:

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Gloria
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (Snippet)
6. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Snippet) / ???
7. Original Of The Species / Norwegian Wood (Snippet)
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Black Hills of Dakota (Snippet)
9. Love & Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (Snippet)
11. Bullet The Blue Sky

the fun of spoobing is watching the girls chase each other...:drool:

i might come off as a sick bastard, but I'm not, I'm just a lover of the other gender

Gen. Chat said:

Doh! I forgot that one. Can we drop Bullet but still keep Edge's riff? :scratch:

Watch to: Zoo TV, Popmart, Elevation, Slane or Vertigo Chicago video. :huh:

At least on Pride Bono throws "LOVE" at everybody on the house. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom