City Video Shoot / Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:bump:

Speaking of Rod Laver....

Had a horrible thought over the weekend that the Melbourne dates maybe wouldn't be accurate cos what if they clashed with the Australian Open tennis? Just checked Google and these dates are looking better every minute. :hyper:

Just did some checking myself, and I couldn't find anything that clashed with these dates in any cities either. Heck, Brisbane and Sydney didn't seem to have anything listed after Delta Goodrem's shows.

Now, if these are true, I just need to figure out how I'm meant to get tickets! How much does everyone expect tickets to be?

stagman said:
Yeah I'd be keen to know how much, as I could have about 10 friends going, and I'll be there both nights in Brisbane.

Yeah, I'll be at both Brisbane shows too, and I already know at least seven people who will want to come. Though if the ticket prices are more expensive and price a few of them out, I honestly won't be upset.

Besides that, as long as I can afford the tickets, I can make all ten shows. Free accommodation and hopefully cheap airfares, woohoo!

I'm just doing a little comparison with US ticket prices. On the left is the rough US ticket price (if I remember correctly, heh!), and the right is what xe.com says it currently is in Australian.

GA/3rd level seating: 50 = 64.06
2nd level seating: 95 = 121.71
1st level seating: 160 = 204.99

Now, I'd fully expect GAs to be AT LEAST twenty dollars more than that. I hope they don't have any tickets priced at or over $200, though.

Axver said:

I'm really going to break the bank, aren't I? Should this prove true ...

- 2 Brisbane concerts. Phew, no need for accommodation!
- Some number of Melbourne concerts. If I can get free accommodation, that just means airfare and tickets.
- The last two Sydney shows. That'll be the killer, but OI, FAMILY, YOU LISTENING? BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

:drool:

im in the same boat i think, brissy shows no need for accom, but i wanna go 2 all the shows so ill need 2 get accomodation somwhere, how much do ya recon this will all cost if i pay for acom and everything? tickets will be $100 do ya think for GA?

and also how would i go about getting four GA tickets to every single australian show?

Last edited:
quadcaster said:

im in the same boat i think, brissy shows no need for accom, but i wanna go 2 all the shows so ill need 2 get accomodation somwhere, how much do ya recon this will all cost if i pay for acom and everything? tickets will be $100 do ya think for GA?

and also how would i go about getting four GA tickets to every single australian show?

Well, I was looking at accommodation in Sydney, and if I split a room with a couple of people, it was going to cost me around $200 to stay there for six nights and go to all four shows.

Try to work all the family/friend connections you possibly can. I've got free accommodation in Melbourne and hoping for something in Sydney.

I'm budgeting around $100 for GA, so there goes $1,000 if I make it to all ten. Dearest part of the whole exercise! I've no idea how to do tickets, though. I'll probably work through a network of friends - "you buy tickets to this show for me and I'll buy tickets to that show for you."

Axver said:

Well, I was looking at accommodation in Sydney, and if I split a room with a couple of people, it was going to cost me around $200 to stay there for six nights and go to all four shows.

Try to work all the family/friend connections you possibly can. I've got free accommodation in Melbourne and hoping for something in Sydney.

I'm budgeting around $100 for GA, so there goes $1,000 if I make it to all ten. Dearest part of the whole exercise! I've no idea how to do tickets, though. I'll probably work through a network of friends - "you buy tickets to this show for me and I'll buy tickets to that show for you."

i c, well yeah im hopefully going 2 the shows with 4 uncles, but we dont really know anybody down that way :S ne other suggestions?

quadcaster said:

i c, well yeah im hopefully going 2 the shows with 4 uncles, but we dont really know anybody down that way :S ne other suggestions?

Just split the costs of the hotel room equally. Should work out quite cheap for everyone.

true that..... anybody else know how i might get 4 tickets 2 every show??????

quadcaster said:
true that..... anybody else know how i might get 4 tickets 2 every show??????

Make friends with the local Ticketek or Ticketmaster agent. Mine was quite pleasent. Also you should need a large amount of computers and people to operate those computers...

I'm expecting 80-85 GA's... Ill aim for about 6-8 shows...

Definatly Brisbane as I have rellies & all of Sydney... Again I'm tossing up with Melbourne...

I expect these dates to be authenticated within the next week.

Guys.....This may be some bad news:

As posted on accessallareas:
This is clearly NOT TRUE!! The Aus Open 2006, Melb Parks key note anual is due to start at melb park with qualifying on jan 13 at the latest (Possibly Jan 12). This means that RLA will have to be ready for hitting practice a good week before then at least. This means that U2 Wont be playing there on Jan 10. (Even U2 are probs not big enough to get Melb park mangaement to change Aus Open :))

Now that could be right....but I dunno if they HAVE to practice on Rod Laver all that week...theres about 2 billion courts outside, plus the Vodaphone arena they can use.

bono_man2002 said:
Guys.....This may be some bad news:

As posted on accessallareas:
This is clearly NOT TRUE!! The Aus Open 2006, Melb Parks key note anual is due to start at melb park with qualifying on jan 13 at the latest (Possibly Jan 12). This means that RLA will have to be ready for hitting practice a good week before then at least. This means that U2 Wont be playing there on Jan 10. (Even U2 are probs not big enough to get Melb park mangaement to change Aus Open :))

Now that could be right....but I dunno if they HAVE to practice on Rod Laver all that week...theres about 2 billion courts outside, plus the Vodaphone arena they can use.

Would've helped if they'd typed a little more comprehensibly. But yeah, not sure if that would be enough to stop U2. Couldn't they just cover the pitch to avoid damage anyway, like the ice is covered in ice hockey arenas?

Has Access All Areas revealed their source on this? I'd LOVE to know where it came from.

Just to give people an idea of other big groups...

REM: $90 (Silver seats) $130 (i think... gold ticket)

Radiohead: $80 for all tickets (GA + seats)

Coldplay: $70 for all tickets

All of those were at Rod Laver. Though it would seem the dates arent right any more. *shrugs*

Man Im happy for you guys if these datyes come through. Make sme relize how some things get taken for granted over here. Good luck to you all!!:rockon:

OK i know i know, that these dates may be wrong (the australian open being a biggie there!) but but, to actually HAVE dates, to look at them and know in my HEART that they are coming and we are not getting skipped makes me break out in goosebumps and just made me scream at my computer about 5 seconds ago....

oh god oh god oh god, please please please let it be true!!!!!!

*does a happy dance*

I emailed Access All Areas over the weekend. They told me they apparently got the information from U2.com. It was posted on there, then removed.

These dates are very close to the rumoured December dates, sounds a little strange. I rang Ticketek on Friday and the lady told me they have a contract for U2 to perform in 2006 but, no dates confirmed as yet. I will call the Brisbane Entertainment Centre later to see if anything is booked for Jan 2/3 2006.

well Rod Laver is a great arena, i have seen some kick ass shows there. But the floor is really small compared to other venues. The ellipse will stretch out 3/4 of the way around it!

Oh god i hope they dont have the lottery here. Point one, we dont have any fangled laptop scanners, only people checking tickets. We dont even have scanners!

If its first come first served, i'm camping for a week. hahahahaha
who's joining me?!
And it will work great because you camp, leave your stuff outside with a friend who isn't going, then when it finishes just go back to your stuff and sleep for the next day...

i could do that....
LOL

I DO hope they have the lottery here. I have utterly no desire to sit outside a venue for hours on end, though I'd do it if I had to. I'd rather enjoy the day with friends and family. Lottery = :up:

But ... back on topic ...

They wouldn't split the venues for the Sydney or Melbourne shows would they?

E.G 2 nights do the Superdome. 2 nights Sydney Football Stadium? That way they could have an Arena venue (like USA Leg 1) and a stadium (Europe Leg 2)

Doesn't make much sense tearing up a set for the same city though. :S

Back
Top Bottom