Christmas/New Year's No-Show Setlist Watch and Party Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:

:hmm:

How about we replace Zooropa with Xanax And Wine :drool:

How's this?

1. Zoo Station
2. The Fly
3. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
4. Mysterious Ways
5. Even Better Than The Real Thing
6. Last Night On Earth
7. Xanax And Wine
8. Gone
9. Until The End Of The World
10. The Wanderer
11. Exit
12. Love And Peace Or Else
13. Mofo
14. The Electric Co.
15. God Part II

16. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
17. Dirty Day
18. Please
19. City Of Blinding Lights

20. Discotheque
21. Lemon
22. Bad
23. Love Is Blindness

I swapped Gone and UTEOTW so that Gone's wailing guitar could segue into UTEOTW'S wailing intro, and so that the end of UTEOTW could 'collapse' into The Wanderer, a song with which it has lyrical similarities. I have always loved the idea of UTEOTW --> Wanderer or WUDM.

Axver said:

How's this?

1. Zoo Station
2. The Fly
4. Mysterious Ways
6. Last Night On Earth
7. Xanax And Wine
8. Gone
10. The Wanderer
11. Exit
13. Mofo
14. The Electric Co.
15. God Part II

17. Dirty Day
18. Please

20. Discotheque
21. Lemon
22. Bad
23. Love Is Blindness

I swapped Gone and UTEOTW so that Gone's wailing guitar could segue into UTEOTW'S wailing intro, and so that the end of UTEOTW could 'collapse' into The Wanderer, a song with which it has lyrical similarities. I have always loved the idea of UTEOTW --> Wanderer or WUDM.

I love it!!!

Thank you thank you thank you :bow:

I have Sexual Healing stuck in my head for no reason, and I love that song :drool:

Just thought I'd share that with you all :happy:

Depeche Mode :drool:

oh, and Axver = The Man :rockon:

I love your setlists

LemonMacPhisto said:

I'm in a TV Production class at school, and me and a buddy of mine always add Goulet jokes in our little productions

he does a dead on Ferrell doing Goulet impression

It is so funny if you throw it in conversation or use it as an exclamation...very few people get it but when they do...hilarious!
Your productions sound fun :laugh:

Has anyone downloaded the Portland show at u2torrents and listened to it? I'd like to hear how it sounds before downloading the entire thing.

amerrydeath said:
UTEOTW --> WUDM? :eyebrow: I always felt like WUDM needed a quietly-ending song to be segued into.

Think Pop album WUDM, not the neutered live version. Drag UTEOTW's distortion out into the beginning of WUDM, which is chock-full of weird effects on the album. It'd sound excellent.

And the lyrical similarities are perfect.

U2 quite nicely did UTEOTW --> IGWSHA, so I think UTEOTW --> WUDM would work nicely.

snowbunny00774 said:

It is so funny if you throw it in conversation or use it as an exclamation...very few people get it but when they do...hilarious!
Your productions sound fun :laugh:

We did a PSA on the dangers of Rock, Paper, Scissors and I was the RPC junkie and I acted like a crack addict at the end, it was fun

and the guy at the end went "If you play Rock, Paper, Scissors...you lose...Goulet!"

amerrydeath said:
Has anyone downloaded the Portland show at u2torrents and listened to it? I'd like to hear how it sounds before downloading the entire thing.

if you go to joeahorro.com you can get it in a .zip file of mp3s

it's pretty sweet, I'd get it just for Love and Peace :drool:

New Order :rockon:

Blue Monday and it's 986907 minute long intro, it's my favorite "Doing the Robot" song

Queen Bee said:

I love it!!!

Thank you thank you thank you :bow:

I'm glad you like it! :happy:

Now what song shall be discarded for LWTSH, or do you just want me to slot it in somewhere and expand the set to 24 songs?

amerrydeath said:

I got it from joeahorro.com it sounds good

Axver said:

I'm glad you like it! :happy:

Now what song shall be discarded for LWTSH, or do you just want me to slot it in somewhere and expand the set to 24 songs?

I think you should put it between The Fly and Daddy's Gonna Pay...

LemonMacPhisto said:

We did a PSA on the dangers of Rock, Paper, Scissors and I was the RPC junkie and I acted like a crack addict at the end, it was fun

and the guy at the end went "If you play Rock, Paper, Scissors...you lose...Goulet!"

goulet =

:crack: =

Rock Paper Scissors

:giggle: :giggle:

All this talk about it I am going to have to try and find that skit somewhere

LemonMacPhisto said:

I think you should put it between The Fly and Daddy's Gonna Pay...

Wouldn't you say LWTSH and Fly are just a tad too similar to go together like that?

Axver said:

Think Pop album WUDM, not the neutered live version. Drag UTEOTW's distortion out into the beginning of WUDM, which is chock-full of weird effects on the album. It'd sound excellent.

And the lyrical similarities are perfect.

U2 quite nicely did UTEOTW --> IGWSHA, so I think UTEOTW --> WUDM would work nicely.

:hmm: I suppose I can see where you're coming from, but now I actually think it would work better with the quiet version. *is imagining Bono falling down at the end of UTEOTW and then singing WUDM lying on his back*

With QB's set, we could use LMP's idea and put LWTSH after Fly, or before/after Mysterious Ways, or this ...

1. Zoo Station
2. The Fly
4. Mysterious Ways
6. Last Night On Earth
7. Xanax And Wine
8. Gone
10. The Wanderer
11. Exit
13. Mofo
14. The Electric Co.
15. God Part II

17. Dirty Day
18. Please

20. Discotheque
21. Lady With The Spinning Head
22. Lemon
23. Bad
24. Love Is Blindness

Axver said:

Wouldn't you say LWTSH and Fly are just a tad too similar to go together like that?

That's why I thought they could go close together, since they share similar guitar sounds and stuff, but yeah, it might sound too similar like you said

and the drumming would sound great going into Daddy's Gonna Pay...

edit to say: I love it where it is is your setlist

Back
Top Bottom