Choose your least favorite tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2's Worst Tour

• Vertigo Tour

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • Elevation Tour

Votes: 46 25.1%
  • Popmart Tour

Votes: 76 41.5%
  • ZooTV Tour

Votes: 19 10.4%

• Total voters

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Please vote for what you think is U2's worst tour since the 90's. Thanks!

Vertigo, sad to say. Although perhaps a bit unfair to even include Vertigo as it's not finished yet.

i wish i hadnt voted, its quite damning...
ill be happy to see them regardless of the production...

thats true, but we've had almost 2 legs so far. production wise we arent going to see anything different. song wise id be surprised to hear anything more than 5 new songs than we've heard before on this tour so far.

i cant believe 4 people have already voted ZooTV as their least favorite tour. to each their own i guess.

i also chose vertigo even though musically it is probably their best since zoo tv - the band seems to be in fine form.

where as i saw popmart as being a progression from zoo tv - i see vertigo as being derivative of elevation. as if the band said, "that formula worked for us, let's do it again - only slightly different." at least they threw in a few tunes that were highlights (zoo station, gloria, electric co.), but overall i think the setlists suck - especially europe. no pop or zooropa songs? that is a fucking tragedy. even miss sarajevo can't change that.

fullautoreverse said:
i wish i hadnt voted, its quite damning...
ill be happy to see them regardless of the production...

haha, why is it damning? U2's worst tour is still better than pretty much everybody else's best.

its like October is my least favorite U2 album, that doesnt mean I dont like it a lot.

Chizip said:
i cant believe 3 people have already voted ZooTV as their least favorite tour.

Agreed I am not a violent person but I would quite like to slap those people firmly on the face with a wet fish.

I'd also like to request that we keep this thread civil and not rip into each others opinions.

Hard to choose between ZooTV and Popmart, eventually went with ZooTV.

Vertigo voters :tsk:

WildHoneyAlways said:
I voted for Vertigo.

I can't believe people didn't like Zoo TV :sad:

I dont think its saying people didnt like Zoo. Just out of these 4 tours it was their least favorite.

I know it's early but I cant believe Popmart has the least amount of votes. Don't get me wrong, it's my second favorite tour, but I thought a lot of people hated it.

Laughable, ZooTV tour is actually winning at present.

It does tie in with the number of Coldplay fans on here now that I think of it.

zootv now has the most votes for least favorite tour :crack:

maybe Axver just voted 7 times with alters....

i would think that between popmart and zootv people would dislike popmart more. this little poll of chizips is throwing my whole universe out of whack.

this is heavy stuff.

...truck...

No, I voted Zoo also. I liked the tour, but its my least favorite out of the 4 listed. Popmart and Joshua Tree are tied for my favorite tours actually (that I attended).

I wonder how many of you that are hailing Zoo saw a Zoo show in person and whether or not you saw all 4 in person? Just curious.

Chizip said:
zootv now has the most votes for least favorite tour :crack:

maybe Axver just voted 7 times with alters....

:lol: Seeing this result makes me happy.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Best $25 I ever spent = Zoo TV Outside broadcast September 18, 1992.

Just turned 14.

I was there also, that was a great show. However, I was about row 12 (Good old Propaganda, those WERE the days!)

$25??? Pffffft, try my Joshua Tree ticket for 10-30-87, $18. I had possibly the worst seats at the Rosemont (now Allstate Arena) possible, but I didnt care.

Se7en said:
i also chose vertigo even though musically it is probably their best since zoo tv - the band seems to be in fine form.

where as i saw popmart as being a progression from zoo tv - i see vertigo as being derivative of elevation. as if the band said, "that formula worked for us, let's do it again - only slightly different." at least they threw in a few tunes that were highlights (zoo station, gloria, electric co.), but overall i think the setlists suck - especially europe. no pop or zooropa songs? that is a fucking tragedy. even miss sarajevo can't change that.

ps, i have to agree with this completely

Chizip said:

ps, i have to agree with this completely

From the ones, I've attended since '92, my vote has to go for POPmart, even thouigh this tour had very fine moments. But in the whole, the setlists were way too static (much more than these days) with concentrating on the same few "Greatest Hits" night after night. Having said that, this '97/'98 was not a bad tour at all - but my least favourite. The U2 camp's idea then to top ZOO TV was complete hybris, an impossible challenge that overshadowed the musical essence, which is the heart of the band...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom