Choose your least favorite tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2's Worst Tour

• Vertigo Tour

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • Elevation Tour

Votes: 46 25.1%
  • Popmart Tour

Votes: 76 41.5%
  • ZooTV Tour

Votes: 19 10.4%

• Total voters
PopMart was a waste of time, all the lights and screens took away from the music, I didn't know weather to sing along or stare at the Kurt Cobain images. Plus that was the only year they came only once to L.A., instead of the multiple spring and fall shows. Outside of the Rage Against the Machine set the show/tour was a bummer.

KUEFC09U2 said:

p.s. bono wasnt very happy at all when his father was passing away, and 9/11

really!?!?!?!?

i couldn't decide between vertigo and elevation.

i went to my first concert ever in 2001, saw u2 in minnesota. no pop songs. i predicted the entire set to my friend, who wasn't very impressed either.

i think how to dismantle is slightly better than atyclb, so the fact that they're playing the ma7ority of the songs from there as opposed to all that you can't leave behind, means this tour is better for me than their previous one.

and of course neither even come close to licking the feet of zootv and popmart which boasted some of the very best of u2's catalogue, and featured the bands members in a non-kiss-everyone's-ass mode.

fuck, I didn't read this correctly.

I thought it said BEST tour, so I voted zootv.:mad:

please take one away from zootv please.

Worst tour: Poopmart. Obviously the spectacle was amazing, but the overall performance lacked soul. It sounded wrong - even when it sounded good.

While I love U2, I did see opening night of the Popmart tour in Vegas, and they weren't quite ready yet. It wasn't their best, but again, their worst still kicks ass on other bands... I wish I would have seen it again later on, after they had gotten their shit together...

Axver said:

Like this: ZooTV is the worst tour.

Easy folks...he was still in kindergarten. Take his comments with a grain of Australian "bitter about no elevation shows on his continent" salt. :wink:

Soon enough Axver...they will be there.

I chose Popmart. The stage may have looked great, but the album and stageshow were undercooked. It didn't help that Bono's voice took more vacation days than he did. I only saw vancouver, which was a particularly flat show for whatever reason.

I have yet to see some write a decent reason why ZooTV should get the nod(without using the word "setlist")

u2fp

I voted for Popmart.
Imagine we have a tour like Popmart in the today's world.
There would be no setlist parties. Everything would be the same for a year. Stale setlists truly hurt(that's why Vertigo is now suffering a little crisis).
Bono's voice was bad for a huge amount of gigs.
The absence of Do You Feel Loved and a full band Wake Up Dead Man, two of my favorite songs from Pop.
The absence of The Fly(would fit perfectly with Hold me, Thrill me...)
Miami deleted for the last two legs.
That stupid karaoke thing in the middle (remember the Macarena fiasco?)
No Zooropa songs!

Of course, I could be counting 'til tomorrow the good stuff of Popmart, but the fact is - it had it's faults. Much more than Elevation, Vertigo or the holy ZooTV.

Zoomerang96 said:

really!?!?!?!?

i couldn't decide between vertigo and elevation.

i went to my first concert ever in 2001, saw u2 in minnesota. no pop songs. i predicted the entire set to my friend, who wasn't very impressed either.

i think how to dismantle is slightly better than atyclb, so the fact that they're playing the ma7ority of the songs from there as opposed to all that you can't leave behind, means this tour is better for me than their previous one.

and of course neither even come close to licking the feet of zootv and popmart which boasted some of the very best of u2's catalogue, and featured the bands members in a non-kiss-everyone's-ass mode.
but what about Zoo when they totally ignored 3 of there past albums? i guess it was ok then right?

and how can vertigo even be up for nomination when the tour isnt even over? it took until the third leg of the elevation "love in" to take off imo, were as this tour is pretty much in full flight

KUEFC09U2 said:
and how can vertigo even be up for nomination when the tour isnt even over? it took until the third leg of the elevation "love in" to take off imo, were as this tour is pretty much in full flight

I agree with you about this, but you know how it is.

KUEFC09U2 said:
but what about Zoo when they totally ignored 3 of there past albums? i guess it was ok then right?

Achtung baby and zooropa were so good. it didn't really matter..
and it was a totally different show. the boys showed class, arogance and the songs absolutely rocked...the musical highlight of there career...emotionwise no definately not..For me that must be slane(25th aug) and I think that it will (in my view) never be beaten...and we didn't have internet then...people have much more information nowadays..hell even a friend of mine who went to amsterdam I knew the setlist and I know for a fact that he isn't reading these pages and I didn;t tell him...

It doens;t matter anyway, I just wrote the song I've ever written in my life:drool:

zwervers2 said:

Achtung baby and zooropa were so good. it didn't really matter..
and it was a totally different show. the boys showed class, arogance and the songs absolutely rocked...the musical highlight of there career...emotionwise no definately not..For me that must be slane(25th aug) and I think that it will (in my view) never be beaten...and we didn't have internet then...people have much more information nowadays..hell even a friend of mine who went to amsterdam I knew the setlist and I know for a fact that he isn't reading these pages and I didn;t tell him...

It doens;t matter anyway, I just wrote the song I've ever written in my life:drool:
no the songs were only as good as different people rated them, not everyone thinks the same. so of course it matterd to some that U2 completley forgot about 3 of their past albums at that time, but when they do it now some people seem to think thats its crap? even though they agreed with it back then

its all based on opinions anyway

and again the slane gig was probabley awsome (the dvd is) but for the people stuck right at the back? i belive the sound was horrible but that seemed to get overlooked then. but now it seems to get blown up at every chance

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:
no the songs were only as good as different people rated them, not everyone thinks the same. so of course it matterd to some that U2 completley forgot about 3 of their past albums at that time, but when they do it now some people seem to think thats its crap? even though they agreed with it back then

its all based on opinions anyway

and again the slane gig was probabley awsome (the dvd is) but for the people stuck right at the back? i belive the sound was horrible but that seemed to get overlooked then. but now it seems to get blown up at every chance

I don;t know about soundproblems. I was up front:drool:

KUEFC09U2 said:

I'm getting tired of your constant moaning and bitching about ZOO-TV :wink:

zwervers2 said:

I'm getting tired of your constant moaning and bitching about ZOO-TV :wink:
hey am not negative towards Zoo, from the boots and sydeney DVD i say its an exellent tour, but people seem to be very "blind" to what went on then :wink:

well if we can be called blind for loving this era and all that :wink:

So people think Elevation was better than Vertigo now???

I liked all these tours... They all have their ups and downs, so I think the poll is a bit stupid... But still, I guess it's fun to see what people think....

What about a "best tour poll" instead?

KUEFC09U2 said:

You know, double standards - and they're not helping the credibility. Same goes for the static setlist whining.

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:
U2 completley forgot about 3 of their past albums at that time, but when they do it now some people seem to think thats its crap? even though they agreed with it back then

Wasn't that the enitire point of ZooTV though? To reinvent themselves and express thier music in a different way?

starsgoblue said:

Wasn't that the enitire point of ZooTV though? To reinvent themselves and express thier music in a different way?
well if it was then why play pride,streets,desire,angel of harlem, and i still havent found then?

all i am saying is, it was ok for them to do it then, but now when they do it the world collapses

starting by the fact that there isn't a worst u2 tour, i go with elevation, just because i like all the other tours a little bit more.............but there isn't any worst tour :wink:

babyman said:
starting by the fact that there isn't a worst u2 tour, i go with elevation, just because i like all the other tours a little bit more.............but there isn't any worst tour :wink:
i would agree and i mus say i really dont like this idea of pitching U2 tours against eachother :(

Back
Top Bottom