Chicago May 7th and 9th Taping Shows and Possibly Bulls Basketball game on May 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Fan

War Child
Chicago May 7th and 9th Taping Shows and Possibly Bulls Basketball game on May 8th. So their going to have to do another load in and load out after the May 7th show? Then load in the morning on May 9th? Will this affect the Chicago shows to be taped? Or are they going to start taping May 9th and 10th?

Interesting Question? So May 7th their going to do another test run.

But the way the Wizzers play on the road, I think game 7 is a given in this series.
U2's crew is gonna have to do some extra work in Chi-Town.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the way the bulls played last night, i wouldn't worry about a game 7

Yeah, but it's worth noting that the Bulls took the first two games of the series at home, and they seemingly are unable to win in the District of Columbia.

I'd say a Gam 7 is very likely.

Could be a possibility to tape monday and tuesday then...save the trouble of setting up all the extra camera equipment? I don't it could depend on what they have planned already (for example there may be less GA's for two shows because of extra room needed for cameras.

Maybe they'll film 5/10 and Call it Bono's Birthday DVD!!!!

Yeah, they're in the first round. The series is tied at 2-2 with the Wizards. It's actually pretty scary.

daaaa bulls da bulls da bulls da bulls (with hula skirt on)

what a great week in Chi-town- concerts galore and the NBA Playoffs here at home

(wipes tear of joy off cheek) :wink:

BOCAGATOR said:
Doesn't matter .They should just lose and save themselves the spanking the HEAT will give them.

We're quite resigned to our second-round fate, but I'd be somewhat disappointed if the Bulls can't pull out a series win against the Wizards.

sounds like shows 2 and 3 will be taped from Willie's Diary over at u2.com talking about the playoffs

"...In short a very major drag, particularly as we were relying on the first day off to load in all the additional equipment required for the proposed Big Video Shoot on the 9th & 10th."

As much as I wanted the show on the 7th to be taped (as it is the only one I am going to) I knew it wasnt very sensible logistics wise... Pooey

:wink:

im surprised theyd shoot on the 10th with it bening bonos birthday and all

during elevation tour people in the crowd wore birthday hats and had signs and stuff

that would be weird to see the crowd wearing birthday hats for some of the footage and not for the other footage

Maybe they'll say we can't wear any birthday hats on that day.

And Willie does say it's "proposed", maybe it won't be filmed on the 10th.

WOOOW

the bulls made a huuuuge comeback to tie the game with 5 seconds left

then the other team made a last second shot to win it

that means the bulls will have to win the next game on the road to bring it back for game 7

id say there is a 25% chance of that, so things are looking good for u2

Oh well, maybe the 7th will be a dress rehearsal for the video shoot... or if the Bulls lose tonight and Friday, then maybe the 1st show will be taped?

norsehorse23 said:
Oh well, maybe the 7th will be a dress rehearsal for the video shoot... or if the Bulls lose tonight and Friday, then maybe the 1st show will be taped?

hmmm... i suppose the 7th could very well be taped. however, the band will have had more than a week off, and might be a bit rusty. i could see them wanting to have a show to get back into their groove before taping starts, which would be the 7th=...

that being said, i find it a bit weird that they're supposedly taping the 10th, as it is bono's birthday... i would expect them to mix it up a bit that night, maybe play party girl, or bring out champagne or something... i don't think they'd like to have something "out of the ordinary" like that on the DVD. but who knows!

all the shows will be great, regardless of whether they're taped! see you all at the 10th and 12th... :hyper:

A strong rumor is that if there is a game in Chicago, U2 will pack up and move the whole tour to Boston where they will complete their stay :lol:

Back
Top Bottom