Chicago May 7th and 9th Taping Shows and Possibly Bulls Basketball game on May 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope there is a 7th game. That way, the logistics will prove impossible to film the concert, and the Vancouver shows will make it onto DVD instead.

starvinmarvin said:
If they are going to film the DVD in The States again, at least make it @ MSG.

Not ANOTHER MSG DVD...

Done by:

The Rolling Stones
Pearl Jam
Elton John
Bruce Springsteen
N*Sync
Mariah Carey
Marc Anthony
Led Zeppelin

oh and...

Dave Matthews did Central Park
U2 did the Brooklyn Bridge (and filmed ABOY in NYC)

Yes NY, and more to the point, MSG might be the greatest venue in the world...but Chicago is more original. I like it. Thought Vancouver would have been great!

bulls are toast now...they aren't going to win friday. no game sunday. this series is over :(

-depressed bulls fan. elated u2 fan.

i hear ya kawai. not feeling to good tonight after that one. but you know, if there's any team to pull off an upset in this situation, I think this year's team is right up there. I'm all in on the Bulls friday night. don't give up, we have a great team :yes:

*Ally* said:

hmmm... i suppose the 7th could very well be taped. however, the band will have had more than a week off, and might be a bit rusty. i could see them wanting to have a show to get back into their groove before taping starts, which would be the 7th=...

I'm bummed about this too. I had hoped they would be filming on the 7th. Oh well. It's enough just to be there.

And today is my last day of work! Tomorrow I'm outta here. Whooo! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm glad they are not filming Saturday. They screw with the lighting and there's a bunch of guys with cameras getting in the way. There's only 4 people I want to see on stage.

Looks like Game 7 Go Wizards I am taking a break while in the GA line and going to the game rooting for the Wizards. YOu know Michael Jordan is Rooting for Chicago, because of what Abe Pollin did to him. Screw the Bulls its all about the Wiz Baby!!!

Shoot now I have nothing to do during the day in Chicago. Oh well the bar I'll hit up or if there is a GA line I assume.

nurse chrissi said:
sounds like shows 2 and 3 will be taped from Willie's Diary over at u2.com talking about the playoffs

"...In short a very major drag, particularly as we were relying on the first day off to load in all the additional equipment required for the proposed Big Video Shoot on the 9th & 10th."

Where did this quote come from?? :eyebrow:

The latest (03.05.2005) Willie's Diary that I looked at on U2.com says the following:
"Word is that the Bulls lost last night, going 2-2 and therefore increasing the likelihood of our having to load out between the first two Chicago shows. Uh-oh. Concentrate everyone, win or lose, we need the series over in six games."

There is no mention about "Big Video Shoot on the 9th & 10th".

As far as I am concerned, this means the will be at least set up to shoot the DVD Saturday night which I will be attending.

yeah. the fact is, Saturday night will be taped. whether it will be released on DVD or not is still wide open. with the varying setlists, i wouldn't doubt it if parts of both nights 1 and 2 appear on the DVD, if not all 4 nights.

whitehead said:

Where did this quote come from?? :eyebrow:

The latest (03.05.2005) Willie's Diary that I looked at on U2.com says the following:
"Word is that the Bulls lost last night, going 2-2 and therefore increasing the likelihood of our having to load out between the first two Chicago shows. Uh-oh. Concentrate everyone, win or lose, we need the series over in six games."

There is no mention about "Big Video Shoot on the 9th & 10th".

As far as I am concerned, this means the will be at least set up to shoot the DVD Saturday night which I will be attending.

The diary entry where Willie mentions the "Big Video Shoot on the 9th and 10th" is Vancouver 4/28. Basically, Willie says that they were "relying on the first day off to load in all the additional equipment required for the proposed Big Video Shoot on the 9th & 10th."

"first day off" = May 8th. so, it looks like they will not be prepared to shoot the DVD at tonight's show...

though who knows, i could be completely wrong! i'm still reeeeally surprised that they're going to film Bono's birthday show- it seems to me that's something they'd like to NOT film. :huh:

anyway here's the relevant text from Willie's entry:

"We are about to play a week of dates in Chicago from May 7 - 12; there are four show days with two days off on the 8th and 11th. The shows are at the United Centre in Chicago, which is home of......the Chicago Bulls, so perhaps you can see where this is going.
Rock tours in North America are booked around the availability of the sports facilities which make up a large portion of the venues. Those two \"days off\' in our schedule depend entirely on the United Centre not being used for basketball games. If suddenly the building is needed on those days then we could face a situation where we have to load in for the first show and load-out immediately afterwards, then load back in on the 9th for two shows and load-out the night of the 10th, then load back in on the morning of the 12th and out again after the show that same day. In short a very major drag, particularly as we were relying on the first day off to load in all the additional equipment required for the proposed Big Video Shoot on the 9th & 10th."

Back
Top Bottom