Chicago II Setlist Watch, Random Topics, and Party Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I wish you could live near me too...we both could have gone to the show together....but I'm afraid I'm going with my parents.

awww thanks..hehe well for the 26th of November i'm going to the show with my mom...but she likes U2 ..shes not as big a fan as me...but she enjoys them so its all good :)

mikal said:

it was unbelievable. i don't think i've had so much fun at a concert. for me, it was a celebration of a great new album and a great history.

there were some great suprises in Zoo Station, An Cat Dubh, and Running to Stand Still(even though i've been following the setlists, i realized that 90% of the crowd was stunned that the band played these songs)!

Yeah, a little hard to remember sometimes that they're not always playing for fanatics like us. I just received the San Diego opener on DVD today. :drool:

When's your next show?

angel_28 said:

awww thanks..hehe well for the 26th of November i'm going to the show with my mom...but she likes U2 ..shes not as big a fan as me...but she enjoys them so its all good :)

My parents aren't big fans of the band either...but they enjoyed themselves when we went to the two of the 6 total Chicago Elevation shows.

They know how big of a fan I am...so they are willing to see U2 with me

VintagePunk said:

Yeah, a little hard to remember sometimes that they're not always playing for fanatics like us. I just received the San Diego opener on DVD today. :drool:

When's your next show?

I just received that DVD today as well. Got as far as SYCMIOYO - it's on pause for now. Wanted to check out the pre-party action. Hi all :wave:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

My parents aren't big fans of the band either...but they enjoyed themselves when we went to the two of the 6 total Chicago Elevation shows.

They know how big of a fan I am...so they are willing to see U2 with me

Thats sweet :)....i couldn't see my dad going to a U2 concert..he would be lost i think...although anytime U2 are on TV or in the paper he is the first one to let me know...which i find cute..

angel_28 said:

Thats sweet :)....i couldn't see my dad going to a U2 concert..he would be lost i think...although anytime U2 are on TV or in the paper he is the first one to let me know...which i find cute..

Same with my parents...in fact my mom told me about the People in the News thing....even though I already knew through AtU2.com

And my dad today bought me the Chicago Sun-Times cause it had a review of Saturday's show....I bought the Chicago Tribune myself...which had another review of the show.

:wave: hi Lila

I was watching U2 Under the Brooklyn Bridge which i just downloaded cos i don't get Direct Tv....and wow i'm impressed its really great!
Love the Sandiego DVD as well...:drool:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Same with my parents...in fact my mom told me about the People in the News thing....even though I already knew through AtU2.com

And my dad today bought me the Chicago Sun-Times cause it had a review of Saturday's show....I bought the Chicago Tribune myself...which had another review of the show.

Those show reviews were awful.

I think Larry ought to beat the heck out of Jim Derogatis.

Lila64 said:

I just received that DVD today as well. Got as far as SYCMIOYO - it's on pause for now. Wanted to check out the pre-party action. Hi all :wave:

Mine paused after Vertigo and wouldn't start again. :mad:

I have three others to watch though...i moved on, and hope the live one will work later. My dvd/home theatre system needs to be serviced...trying to watch it on playstation. :reject:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Even cover songs that U2 did? And anyone who has opened for U2 over the past 25 years? Or any cover versions of U2 songs?

ugggh I cant stand ppl who cover U2......oh wait except for Living End...an Aussie band who covered SBS!!! it fuckin blew me away!

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Yeah my parents are always cutting stuff out of the paper about U2 for me as well....i love it :heart:

Diane L said:

Those show reviews were awful.

I think Larry ought to beat the heck out of Jim Derogatis.

I've always thought that the Chicago reviewers are one of the pickest groups of people in the world....but that's just what I think...being from Illinois and all.

I dunno if Larry going to win or Derogatis is going to win....but I see a fair fight if it ever happened.

But overall I do agree with what you are saying...I didn't like that one of the reviewers comapired U2 to Britney Spears....I think.

angel_28 said:
:wave: hi Lila

I was watching U2 Under the Brooklyn Bridge which i just downloaded cos i don't get Direct Tv....and wow i'm impressed its really great!
Love the Sandiego DVD as well...:drool:

I got several DVDs in the mail today, and that was one of them as well. I don't know when I'll get to them all. :wink:
Diane - is yours the 4 cam version? Is there more than one version floating around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom