Chicago I Setlist Watch and Party - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Westport said:
Just looking at Gorman's pictures from inside the United Center...

Having a bad case of U2 envy. Anyone else? I hate the feeling of *there's a U2 show going on and I'm not there*

FUCK!!

sorry.

I had that REALLY bad on Sat, knowing while I was sitting there at the wedding reception nearly all the U2 fans I knew in TO were in the ACC watching the boys :sad:

Yeah, a U2 show without being there is hard, but a U2 show in your hometown and you not there is UMBEARABLE!

Despite the fact that I will be on a different continent, my will break on Nov. 26th and 28th when U2 AND Arcade Fire play in Montreal and I'm not there:sad:

oceane said:
Yeah, a U2 show without being there is hard, but a U2 show in your hometown and you not there is UMBEARABLE!

Despite the fact that I will be on a different continent, my will break on Nov. 26th and 28th when U2 AND Arcade Fire play in Montreal and I'm not there:sad:

I know how you feel right now. I just kept on waiting and waiting for ticketmaster to drop more ga, and when they did i wasn't at my computer:(

timothius said:
Whats U2?

Sorry it's been so long since our existance was acknowledged. :shrug:

I want to know what happened to the sincerity of One Tree Hill, Lovetown's schedule, etc.

Frankly, I think U2 just don't care. In their nearly 30 year career, they've played a meagre 31 countries worldwide. What does THAT tell you?

Axver said:

Frankly, I think U2 just don't care. In their nearly 30 year career, they've played a meagre 31 countries worldwide

do you mean 31 coutntries?, or 31 US states?.......ummm I think there is an error.

kellyahern said:

That last show should be fun :).

That's going to be hard for me not being there, knowing it's the end of the USA leg :reject:.

That was the last one I booked. I got a GA through ETS. I went back and forth. I wasn't going to go but knew a friend that was....then I thought I'd combine it with business (I have a client there).

I went to the first night in San Diego and going to Portland had some logic to it. (in my warped U2 mind). Also, it will be Christmas time....so that had something to do with it.

The frustrating thing is... they have given many verbal indications that they will be touring here.

Not just from Bono (the most recent was Live8) but from Paul McG as well. By not coming they are both going back on their word. :down:

00Kevin said:

I know how you feel right now. I just kept on waiting and waiting for ticketmaster to drop more ga, and when they did i wasn't at my computer:(

I was at an earlier Chicago show and I know that they released GAs the day of at the United Center....check it out.

timothius said:
The frustrating thing is... they have given many verbal indications that they will be touring here.

Not just from Bono (the most recent was Live8) but from Paul McG as well. By not coming they are both going back on their word. :down:

Yeah, well i've given up on them to be honest. Will still buy all the stuff, download all the shows. But wont waste my money on as many shows as I was going to if they come here.

Axver said:

I want to know what happened to the sincerity of One Tree Hill, Lovetown's schedule, etc.

Frankly, I think U2 just don't care. In their nearly 30 year career, they've played a meagre 31 countries worldwide. What does THAT tell you?

The obvious, as you state time and time again.
I remember very vividly in an interview which they gave during the Vertigo promotional tour that Bono replied 'money' when asked what motivated the band to leave their families and go out on the road for x-amount of time. :shrug:

hell - I got time for a shower
other-takingashower1.gif
I'll be bahk

While I'm in a ranting mood, look at this.

Countries U2 has played in:

(Counting all the parts of the UK - i.e. Northern Ireland, Scotland, etc. - as one country.)

The total is 31: Ireland, UK, Canada, USA, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Greece, Israel, South Africa, Japan, Australia, New Zealand.

Countries U2 has played in on just one tour is 9: Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Czech Republic, Hungary, Bosnia-Herzegovnia, Greece, Israel, South Africa.

Countries U2 has played in on just two tours is 3: Mexico, Finland, Poland.

U2 haven't even played in twenty countries on more than two tours. :|

bono_man2002 said:

Yeah, well i've given up on them to be honest. Will still buy all the stuff, download all the shows. But wont waste my money on as many shows as I was going to if they come here.

If they come, they come - they are true to their word and I have no beef with them.

If they don't that is a very different story.

timothius said:

Exactly. All talk, no commitment. They give us a soundbite to make us happy even though they really don't give a shit unless we're throwing money at their feet.

And geez, if BB King can play ninety countries worldwide, can't U2 go to a bit of effort and maybe try to get their total to the forty mark? Or don't they have that much passion for their music?

I hate to say it but it's a business. It's easier for them (and their families) to hop around Europe and the States.

= Lots of people and shorter flights.

I also think that in the times we live in....no one likes to travel and be away from home as much as we did before.

---

But I think it's shitty when they allude to coming and then don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom