Chicago I Setlist and Australian Bitch, Gridiron Bashing, Rugby Appreciation Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LPOE
Vertigo
Elevation
An Cat Dubh
Into the Heart
COBL
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
NYD
SBS
Bullet
RTSS
BAD
Pride
WTSHNN

Axver said:

Doesn't mean squat as we don't know what songs they'll put on the DVD. Electric Co. or Gloria? OOTS or Yahweh? We'll see. I bet they'll just take the best elements of both shows, or film multiple shows and pick the best.

They probably left out Electric Co. because of the Send in the Clowns bit...probably can't come up with another original bit to put in Clowns' place! Might not get Electric Co. this stand unless they get most of the film they want on the first couple of nights.

..DL ... that was quite a long drought for you...between Zoo TV and Brookyln!

oh brooklyn was so cool..!.i still haven't gotten my photos done yet b/c they need special processing and it costs about 30$....

it was ZooTV then Elevation for me
...i just didn't like the visual theme for POp so I didn't bother to go for tix.... The ONLY time I didn't "get" tix....

No spoken words said:
Alright people, time to go get ready to head out.

Enjoy the rest of the thread, see you for Chicago 2.

'nite! :wave:

Thanks for the laughs! :)

LPOE
Vertigo
Elevation
An Cat Dubh
Into the Heart
COBL
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
NYD
SBS
Bullet
RTSS
BAD
Pride
WTSHNN
One

cuneatus2 said:

Can you see you and Nick in it at all?

nah, i did see beth and i in the first (ebay) dvd that was released. It was during streets/adam side. There were three of us, beth got picked to go inside the catwalk and she chose me, so i left nick behind sadly. wouldve been great for the three of us to have been together but what are u gonna do, u2's ga policy sucks major dirty rotton anus

u2wedge said:

Ally... which one are you?

um, yeah... not really gonna advertise me looking like an idiot, now am i?? :wink: no, it's ok- i'm one of the 2 girls going nuts during LAPOE, jumping at the very end as bono bangs on the drum... now, please, don't laugh at me- at least not to my face! :lmao:

let's get back to the important topic- tonight's show! i am quite sad they didn't play "gloria" or "electric co"... :sad:

Pop Artist said:

They probably left out Electric Co. because of the Send in the Clowns bit...probably can't come up with another original bit to put in Clowns' place! Might not get Electric Co. this stand unless they get most of the film they want on the first couple of nights.

Send In The Clowns has nothing to do with it. They got sued back in 1983 because they didn't get copyright permission. On later releases, they've released other artists' songs - including full covers - and there's been no problems.

And back in the day, they sung plenty of other songs in Electric Co. Amazing Grace, Light My Fire, even Stranger In A Strange Land once!

To say they won't play Electric Co. at all in Chicago is just ridiculous. Some of you folks say the most absurd things sometimes.

u2warlp said:

nah, i did see beth and i in the first (ebay) dvd that was released. It was during streets/adam side. There were three of us, beth got picked to go inside the catwalk and she chose me, so i left nick behind sadly. wouldve been great for the three of us to have been together but what are u gonna do, u2's ga policy sucks major dirty rotton anus

I hear ya bro. Luckily they let me and my two brothers in when only one of us was scanned.

I have to fly guys...and girls.

Have fun...I'll miss most of the other parties...but be back in a couple of hours to see all the reaction.

:rockon:

cuneatus2 said:

I hear ya bro. Luckily they let me and my two brothers in when only one of us was scanned.

ahhh, you guys got lucky. we didnt even bother asking if he can come in with us. Could've said that he was mentally retarted and needed our supervision, but even then nick wouldnt play a good retard .:drool:

Axver said:

I will guarantee they will not play a standard setlist all four nights.

It won't happen. Talk like that is overly cynical pessimism.

I'm not really being pessimisitic, just realistic. I don't think they'll do anything like they did last tour in Chicago.

Axver said:

Send In The Clowns has nothing to do with it. They got sued back in 1983 because they didn't get copyright permission. On later releases, they've released other artists' songs - including full covers - and there's been no problems.

And back in the day, they sung plenty of other songs in Electric Co. Amazing Grace, Light My Fire, even Stranger In A Strange Land once!

To say they won't play Electric Co. at all in Chicago is just ridiculous. Some of you folks say the most absurd things sometimes.

Jaysus, chill..not like I said they were never playing it again or even not in Chicago! And perhaps they can't get permission for that particular song for *broadcast* purposes. Copyright holders can specify that. It's all speculation anyway, I could very well be wrong. Anyway, moving on...

Wow, I am new to this

Section 308, Row 12, seats 5,6,7

Back side on the Edge's Corner

I started a new post instead of replying. hmmmmm

I swear I did graduate... LOL

Pop Artist said:

Jaysus, chill..not like I said they were never playing it again or even not in Chicago! And perhaps they can't get permission for that particular song for *broadcast* purposes. Copyright holders can specify that. It's all speculation anyway, I could very well be wrong. Anyway, moving on...

fuck em, Pop. he's an absolute dickhead who THINKS he knows everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom