Chicago / Croke Park / Milan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Is U2 going to release a 3 DVD set of their tours? I know people say that Croke Park was 'for archival purpose' but I highly doubt it, if the cameras are there, then they'd record for a release. It was like for Slane Castle, originally Slane Castle wasn't going to be released on DVD until there was demand for it.

So I wonder if Croke will be the same as Slane, or will we have to beg for it? I think it would be cool if there was a 3 DVD set featuring Chicago (Arena in the states) -- Croke Park (home crowd, stadium/park) -- and then Milan (stadium, in another country, most fanatic fans)

What do you think?

Croke Park WAS archive only, Dont know what you doubt, they didnt have the full camera coverage or production they use for their DVD releases. Its not happening and even Willie has said that and people still wont believe it. The most you will see of Croke at the most is a song or two, but most likely some clips at some point. Thats it.

I'm actually hoping they do a 2 DVD set. Chicago and Milan, that would be cool. The only part of Croke that would be included would be bonus footage.

Vancouver(both nights) was a 9 camera FILM shoot.

They only filmed COBL/LAPOE/SBS/RTSS(both nights)

Three days(April 27/28/29) of COBL footage appears in the new music video.

u2fp

homerlfc said:
It could be a compilation of Chicago and Milan, maybe bits of Croke aswell.
why have a compilation when you can have 2 complete concerts?

Will people stop talking about compilations? They are shit!

If you look at one of the CD covers for croke 2 you see the place was covered in cameras btw

theu2fly said:
Is U2 going to release a 3 DVD set of their tours? I know people say that Croke Park was 'for archival purpose' but I highly doubt it, if the cameras are there, then they'd record for a release. It was like for Slane Castle, originally Slane Castle wasn't going to be released on DVD until there was demand for it.

So I wonder if Croke will be the same as Slane, or will we have to beg for it? I think it would be cool if there was a 3 DVD set featuring Chicago (Arena in the states) -- Croke Park (home crowd, stadium/park) -- and then Milan (stadium, in another country, most fanatic fans)

What do you think?

Milan 2 was great!! I hope it'll be shared with U2 people!

And thanks for saying we are "most fantastic fans"!

Just at a side-note: How large was the audience in Milano? 40000 each show? I didn't manage to count when I was there :D

jimjam said:
Will people stop talking about compilations? They are shit!

If you look at one of the CD covers for croke 2 you see the place was covered in cameras btw

:laugh: Yes, they filmed it, Willie said so. But have you been to an "official" video shoot they have done? If so, then you would know it wasnt even close to the amount of coverage they would use for an official release. I just dont get it, I guess its wishful thinking. High ranking people in the U2 organization have said it was for archive only and people still wont believe it. I would love it if they would release full length DVD of all three. But being realistic and looking at the facts you know its not happening. So which would U2 choose to release. Gee, lets see, you think the ones with the most footage, and the extra proper lighting that they filmed with intention of release?? I guess some of you dont think so which is baffling to me. I guess we will know by December. I have a feeling even then people will be saying, "When is Croke Park coming out?" OR "I thought they were releasing Croke Park?". Then we will go through this exercise yet again.

Blue Room said:
I have a feeling even then people will be saying, "When is Croke Park coming out?" OR "I thought they were releasing Croke Park?". Then we will go through this exercise yet again.

Until people realize it isn't happening, then it will be "Why wasn't Croke Park released?!? :sad: Why does Bono hate me! :mad: "

U2FanPeter said:
Vancouver filming was COBL/LAPOE/BTBS/RTSS

no, not at all... just as bono said, the whole concert was being filmed... those might of been the only songs you noticed a camera man on the stage, but that doesnt mean the other songs werent filmed... obviously you didnt notice the crane camera going insane during beautiful day and streets (as well as others)

hi I was at Croke 2, was superb, though OOTS should have been in there. I too was hoping for a DVD release of Croke 2, as I know ikt was being filmed. Not enough cameras there though. Would have been great to see it again, but hey, OOTS and Miss Sarajevo with Bono singing Pavarotti's part in Milan, who could complain??!

firstone said:
hi I was at Croke 2, was superb, though OOTS should have been in there. I too was hoping for a DVD release of Croke 2, as I know ikt was being filmed. Not enough cameras there though. Would have been great to see it again, but hey, OOTS and Miss Sarajevo with Bono singing Pavarotti's part in Milan, who could complain??!

Hey firstone...imposter:wink: You're not the first one of your kind!

jeffschmid said:

no, not at all... just as bono said, the whole concert was being filmed... those might of been the only songs you noticed a camera man on the stage, but that doesnt mean the other songs werent filmed... obviously you didnt notice the crane camera going insane during beautiful day and streets (as well as others)

I have a copy of the filming setlist from the soundboard crane camera(night 2). Those are the only songs formally listed for filming.

I was inside the heart(night 1) and the track + stage cameras were only used on those 4 songs, as far as I could tell.

I have no way of telling if the other stationary cameras were rolling or not.

u2fp

From what I have seen about the Vancouver shoot. U2fanpeter is correct. They only did full production filming on the songs he has listed. Remember, they film every single show technically. But not using the extra production or cameras.

U2FanPeter said:

I have a copy of the filming setlist from the soundboard crane camera(night 2). Those are the only songs formally listed for filming.

I was inside the heart(night 1) and the track + stage cameras were only used on those 4 songs, as far as I could tell.

I have no way of telling if the other stationary cameras were rolling or not.

u2fp

i just find it hard to believe cuz the crane camera was flying by overhead for nearly the whole concert... also, vertigo aboy and sometimes were all filmed at the cobl video shoot... i wish i could get my hands on that video cuz the 3000 of us were the loudest crowd of this whole tour...

jeffschmid said:

i just find it hard to believe cuz the crane camera was flying by overhead for nearly the whole concert... also, vertigo aboy and sometimes were all filmed at the cobl video shoot... i wish i could get my hands on that video cuz the 3000 of us were the loudest crowd of this whole tour...

I was standing beside the soundboard for the last half(pride onwards) of the show(night 2 - only night with a crane) and it was not used when i was there.

I was also at the film shoot and the 3 extra songs were a bonus for those in attendance.

I should also note that Hamish was at the Vancouver shows - so they may have been experimenting with cameras angles.

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom