Charlotte, NC Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
I've heard a few times that the US is the only Western country to still have the death penalty. I know Singapore, a "developed nation", also has the death penalty, but it's obviously not exactly European.

I basically see execution as an expression of vengeance and lowering yourself to the level of the criminals.
:yes: exactly. whatever happened to rising above something? i never wish the same on people who've done me wrong, and murder is no exception.

I certainly don't see anyone in Australia thinking "thank goodness we don't have capital punishment, now I can go on a murder spree I otherwise wouldn't do"!
:lmao:

Gen. Chat said:

Unfortunately you can and they have. One timers are blissfully unaware but I’ve seem them a few times on this tour and the wow factor is definitely gone for me. I gave up my trip to see U2 in Miami or Atlanta after the Texas dates and instead got tickets to the Rolling Stones in Vegas in March.

I'm going to try so hard to avoid setlists on the fourth leg. Auckland I should be special anyway - One Tree Hill and Saint Patrick's Day, and you'd hope at least the One Tree Hill element would hold over to the next night. That leaves single-night Brisbane still as an unknown for me, and I think Melbourne I and II would still have some element of the unexpected left for me after that.

I think I'll probably cave and maintain U2VT as normal though.

Miringeltje said:

Way too long.
You'll block a lot op people's views.
But that might exactly give you what you want.
A pissed of Bono.

The sad part is how that sign expresses exactly what Bono himself advocated in the early nineties.

Of course, I've always found it ironic that that soundbyte appeared in the intro for concerts that essentially had a really static set!

Never thought there would be a death penalty debate in a setlist party. These are always so interesting! :wink:

knowing exactly whats going to be played at st louis is definitely a bit of a downer

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes: exactly. whatever happened to rising above something? i never wish the same on people who've done me wrong, and murder is no exception.

It's just too easy to be the smaller person rather than being the bigger one.

Chizip said:
knowing exactly whats going to be played at st louis is definitely a bit of a downer

I guess you'll have time to make some beer runs. Maybe it will help you to be in a stupor.

G'nite old man!

Chizip said:

I didn't have a problem knowing what was coming in Boston, but then again, I was a lot more excited then and it was my first shows. Of course, as it turned out, the encores at the second two were totally unpredictable.

Now, though? I'd hate knowing I'm in for ISHFWILF, WOWY, and Vertigo x2.

Axver said:
I'm going to try so hard to avoid setlists on the fourth leg.

I think I'll probably cave and maintain U2VT as normal though.

I was gonna say:
Good luck with that and I bet you can't stay away.
But I don't think it is still necessary after the last sentence.

Miringeltje said:
:no:

Just when I was about to write down a request.

O well, I'll just save it for the Wednesday after party!!
awww :hug:

i'm running out of things to play. i'm trying to keep it fresh and not play the same artists over and over, so people won't be like "enough of (some artist) already!"

and some people have expressed their discontent with the amount of time i devote to a certain decade :wink:

Axver said:

I didn't have a problem knowing what was coming in Boston, but then again, I was a lot more excited then and it was my first shows. Of course, as it turned out, the encores at the second two were totally unpredictable.

Now, though? I'd hate knowing I'm in for ISHFWILF, WOWY, and Vertigo x2.

those boston shows had a good chance for variation, and they ended up getting a good amount.

this st louis show ill have exactly the same set as charlotte.

Lila64 said:
Thanks for the stream Khanada.

Goodnight all! :wave:

Yes, thanks for the stream, Khanada.
Hope I'll be here earlier on Wednesday.

And bye Lila64! :wave:

Damn, I'm hungry.
I think I'm gonna go grab me a yoghurt out of the fridge.
Of course, it would be better if I just went to sleep.

Miringeltje said:

I was gonna say:
Good luck with that and I bet you can't stay away.
But I don't think it is still necessary after the last sentence.

:lol: Yeah, I'm not confident in my ability to last. But ... it's only a month, I should be able to ... right ...?

Chizip said:

those boston shows had a good chance for variation, and they ended up getting a good amount.

this st louis show ill have exactly the same set as charlotte.

If you do get a change, all it'll be will be ABOY coming back into the second encore. :|

Axver said:

If you do get a change, all it'll be will be ABOY coming back into the second encore. :|

youre right, i dont know what im complaining about :drool:

Chizip said:

I like knowing what's going to be played.
But maybe I'm the only one who does.
Not that I don't like surprises.
Actually got both at the concerts I went to.
So I really shouldn't say anything.

Miringeltje said:

I like knowing what's going to be played.
But maybe I'm the only one who does.
Not that I don't like surprises.
Actually got both at the concerts I went to.
So I really shouldn't say anything.

wow, i find it much more exciting when you really have no idea whats coming next

Back
Top Bottom