Charlotte, NC Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

yes, they were. in fact, saturday in the times, simon said david bowie was god and he wouldn't be where he was today without him :D

You are such a great and knowledegable fan! Rock & Roll Jeopardy, look-out! :D

Lila64 said:

Hubby said another big name was being thrown around :shifty: but they may be too big for the show (I didn't see the article, so don't want to start rumors yet on this forum :shifty:

Well, the L.A. Times in mentioning the show today, referred to the rumor of U2 for this past festival. That made me think how they could do it this year. It would be 16 days after the rumored Hololulu show, but I doubt they play it. You never know though. It could be an interesting move for them if they have absolutely decided against the North Ameircan summer stadium tour.

angelordevil said:

That style is totally in now...you're just ahead of your time ;)

No, I think Lena belongs in the past. :crack:

picture-jap-2.jpg

Pink Floyd fans can see David Gilmour on a solo tour in the US in April. The LA show will be on April 20th at Universal.

Before I clicked through to the song lyrics, I thought it was Journey's 'Forever Young'..... :lol:

what happened to Jesus & Mary Chain song from Lost In Translation? :eyebrow:

And yes, that was what I was referring to Halup - hubby mentioned something about it to me. Doubtful they'd play. How come everyone keeps mentioning 4/14/06, but no one knows who came up with that date or where the rumor started? :shrug:

Halup said:

Well, the L.A. Times in mentioning the show today, referred to the rumor of U2 for this past festival. That made me think how they could do it this year. It would be 16 days after the rumored Hololulu show, but I doubt they play it. You never know though. It could be an interesting move for them if they have absolutely decided against the North Ameircan summer stadium tour.

there is a little blurb in the new Rolling Stone about Edge in New Orleans that eludes to U2 headlining the Jazz and Heritage Festival (which used to take place in late April)

I thought that Garbage song was The Clash's 'Train in Vain' for a minute until the trademark riff did not materialize :eyebrow: :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

No, I think Lena belongs in the past. :crack:

picture-jap-2.jpg

I just went back and clicked that link you gave...

"Who is Lena Zavaroni?
LENA ZAVARONI will perhaps be best remembered as the talented little singer from Rothesay on the remote Scottish Isle of Bute, who for five weeks running in 1973–4, won “Opportunity Knocks” — the British TV talent show hosted by Hughey Green — with her song; “Ma, he’s making eyes at me”."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:yikes:

Lila64 said:
what happened to Jesus & Mary Chain song from Lost In Translation? :eyebrow:

And yes, that was what I was referring to Halup - hubby mentioned something about it to me. Doubtful they'd play. How come everyone keeps mentioning 4/14/06, but no one knows who came up with that date or where the rumor started? :shrug:

The April 14th date came form an Interference poster who talked to crew members at the November New York shows and he also heard it would happen in Honolulu.

Arthur Fogel has gone on record saying the tour would end in the second week of April, so that places that April 14th date in the correct time frame. Hololulu was intended for Popmart, as was New Zealand, but neither happened. it seems that both may happen this tour.

The Austrlaian dates end on April 1st, so we can assume 2-3 dates in Japan will follow that, but probably would not go as far as April 14th, so the Honolulu rumor seems to be pretty valid, based on some of the official comments, as well as what fans have heard.

KhanadaRhodes said:

sorry, i grew up listening to pink floyd and i still don't like them. i gave them a chance. :(

joy division i've got plenty of :drool: any song in particular you wanna hear? :wink:

of course :D

Floyd aren't for everyone. :sad: It would have been cool to hear The Trial. :wink: That song's insane.

Leaders of Men, please. :love:

angelordevil said:

I just went back and clicked that link you gave...

"Who is Lena Zavaroni?
LENA ZAVARONI will perhaps be best remembered as the talented little singer from Rothesay on the remote Scottish Isle of Bute, who for five weeks running in 1973–4, won “Opportunity Knocks” — the British TV talent show hosted by Hughey Green — with her song; “Ma, he’s making eyes at me”."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:yikes:

You have GOT to hear Ma, He's Making Eyes At Me. It is the worst thing ever. You thought Coldplay was bad? Lena shits all over Coldplay and reverses her SUV over them a billion times when it comes to crap music.

Canadiens1160 said:
Before I clicked through to the song lyrics, I thought it was Journey's 'Forever Young'..... :lol:

:lol: Now Journey, there's a band I haven't caught Bono snippeting ... yet.

I've quite seriously caught him snippeting songs such as It's Raining Men and Yankee Doodle.

GibsonGirl said:

Floyd aren't for everyone. :sad: It would have been cool to hear The Trial. :wink: That song's insane.

Leaders of Men, please. :love:

Astronomy Domine!!! Actually, I think Radiohead were influenced by the weirdness and experimentation of PF...at least at little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom