Changes in European Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alysha

The Fly
Yesterday I heard in the Polish Radio that U2 changed the tour - that the concert on 7th July in Chorzow,Poland is cancelled and shifted on 5th May, and what is new that the July's concert will be in Berlin. Do you know someting about it :confused: :scream: :censored:

There is a thread around here with a big long list of rumoured dates. On it 7th July is listed as Berlin. I thought that was odd as a Pole (maybe you?) had mentioned 7th July as Poland before. I remembered cause its my birthday and I had one of those "I would love to win lotto and go to Poland and see U2 on my birthday" moments. LOL

Thanks!But, am I blind or ther isn't on the list such a place like POLAND in 2005:sad: So, does it mean that my 'sweet boys' won't come to me:sad: :censored: :censored: Why:mad: :mad: :scream:

They not only should play Poland, but Belarus, the Baltics,Ukraine, Russia,etc.

Play Euro! :madspit:

I totally agree with you buddy, but I'm only pissed off, cause Poland was on the first places, besides Ireland, England, and France where the dates were confirmed:mad: I hope that this situation will be soon straightened out and it will turn out that it was only fucking misunderstanding :rant: and they will come to us, oh God please :bow:

Nothing's confirmed yet, so don't get upset already!

Wait for the proper dates to be released. There are a LOT of contradictory rumours. Just because one radio station said something doesn't mean it's true.

Axver said:

Wait for the proper dates to be released. There are a LOT of contradictory rumours. Just because one radio station said something doesn't mean it's true.

Nothing confirmed maybe, but it doesn't take much to figure out huge chunks of Europe will be overlooked and the rest will get a token couple of nights in pursuit of the mighty $$$.

It ain't a matter of foregoing europe to "pursue the mighty dollar". They've always played the states thoroughly and played europe sparingly(with the exception of the Zooropa tour in '93).

The point is that they could play the states twice as always AND play europe thoroughly too.

They should do something in SE Asia too to help the people of the tsunamis.

It's time for U2 to be a real global band, not just a cold war-"tour U.S./Western Europe/Aussie/Japan" band.

jedi Larry said:
It ain't a matter of foregoing europe to "pursue the mighty dollar". They've always played the states thoroughly and played europe sparingly(with the exception of the Zooropa tour in '93).

The point is that they could play the states twice as always AND play europe thoroughly too.

They should do something in SE Asia too to help the people of the tsunamis.

It's time for U2 to be a real global band, not just a cold war-"tour U.S./Western Europe/Aussie/Japan" band.

I'm sure that they won't forget about all victims of a huge tragedy in Asia, also Africa. Why are you a doubting Thomas?
Besides, is there only U2 in the world that should pay attention to those matters, what about other people of show bussiness?Bono isn't perfect, but who of us is?Aren't you too demanding?You seem to be guite disgruntled, cheer up man:wave: :D

jedi Larry said:
They not only should play Poland, but Belarus, the Baltics,Ukraine, Russia,etc.

Play Euro! :madspit:

What can I do?
Nothing at all.
Vodki naidu – (i.e. “ will find some vodka”)
Save my soul…:sad:

Calm down, Eastern European friends! I've always had to travel to Austria, Germany,too if i wanted to see any of the big bands,but that' sjust how it is! We're financially too poor to be able to organize a concert of great proportions! Poles, Czechs,Slovaks,Slovenians, Croatians,Serbs--we all will just HAVE to travel to Germany,Hungary,Austria etc. to see "the boys"

Happy holidays!
:shrug:

tilen said:
Calm down, Eastern European friends! I've always had to travel to Austria, Germany,too if i wanted to see any of the big bands,but that' sjust how it is! We're financially too poor to be able to organize a concert of great proportions! Poles, Czechs,Slovaks,Slovenians, Croatians,Serbs--we all will just HAVE to travel to Germany,Hungary,Austria etc. to see "the boys"

Happy holidays!
:shrug:
Oh my friends!I still hope that they will come to us. Hope, as people say, is mother of fools but as every mother it [hope] must be loved:heart: :heart:

It is untrue that eastern europe cannot handle large rock concerts. Metal bands from the states have played massive shows in Russia, Poland, rest of eastern europe for at least a decade now.

Metallica played a show in Russia some years ago in front of hundreds of thousands.

It can and does happen all the time.

Besides all my East-European friends thay have allready played gigs in Prague and Warsaw and there,s no reason to assume that they wouldn't do it again... At least,I hope so..oh. please come true!!!

jedi Larry said:
It is untrue that eastern europe cannot handle large rock concerts. Metal bands from the states have played massive shows in Russia, Poland, rest of eastern europe for at least a decade now.

Metallica played a show in Russia some years ago in front of hundreds of thousands.

It can and does happen all the time.

yes, i ought to know that! But hey man, this is metal(lica),NOT u2!Metal is indeed very strong here,here in slovenija the offer is totally saturated by it!
I mean u2's been here for ZOOtv and all, but i think that's just an exception.... All i'm saying is we shouldn't get too excited with every tiny little rumor that comes out of a corner!:eyebrow:

tilen said:
i hope so, too!
(i was once very told off about writing in my language here,so...i'm sorry)
Happy new year u2girl!:hug:

Why cant you speak in your language here? Theres a few different groups of people who speak in their native language. Ignore who ever told you off (unless it was a mod).

Axver said:

As mentioned on various threads, Oslo 27th of July has been confirmed by Paul McGuinness on Norwegian TV and this date is on the lists that are circulating around here.

tilen: its not about money !! this year here was a lot of bands and interprets, Peter Gabriel, Bowie, Paul McCartney, Santana, Mettalica, Kraftwerk, Lenny Kravitz, RUSH,, ... some for the first time ever!! during popmart was in Prague one of biggest attendence during all tour, and second biggest to Pragues Popmart date!! ... everything's is about if they want or not!!
look at REM tour now!! they will play a lot of places for the first time ever, + they do a summers dates in Europe again !!! in this form I think they are biggest band to U2...

REM can afford to play Europe now though because their popularity in the states has sunk.

I do agree though that U2 should play more in Europe. More new places, more dates, etc. :|

I remember Larry saying something about U2 touring for shorter periods after POPmart was finished. I don't see why they couldn't, say tour the states and Europe for seven-eight months one year and then the next year have short spurts to So. America, Australia, Japan, Asia, etc.

They could tour in shorter spurts rather than going on these long slogs all at once.

Like this:

U.S. - 3 months - Arenas, domes
Europe - 4 months - arenas, stadiums

Rest from september on.

2006:
japan/so. america/australia/nz/asia/africa - two months - arenas, stadiums.

Rest from May on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom