Can't buy tickets for more shows - on general public sale also

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
Does anyone know ...

Is it true that you can't buy tickets for the presale and then on the general public sale later? Then the tickets will be cancelled? I sure know that you can't buy for multiple shows on the presale. But the general sale too?

In that case, it is not an advantage to participate in the presale, because you can only get 2 or 4 tickets. On the general sale you can buy more (maybe up to 6 or 10).

It's not too late for me, but it is surely good to know for later. Maybe for others aswell.

Look here:

http://www.u2.com/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=166525&an=0&page=0#166525

This is very worrying!

I bought four on the pre sale through Ticket Master and four on general sale though another Broker Aloud.com on the same credit card. Pre sale for Glasgow and general sale manchester.

I wanted Manchester in the pre sale but because of the total shambles of last Tuesday all the Manchester G/A had gone by the time I got my code re-set.
I decided to take a chance in the general sale and got tickets quite easily for Mancheter.

Will my tickets be cancelled or does it mean only if through the same broker?

I am getting a little worried now as I only intended to go to Manchester and was selling the Glasgow tix face value to friends.

hey Electrical Voice, did you get your tickets to Valle Hovin???? I am waiting to hear if someone can get me those two tickets.

My code was used for my two presale tickets, and I got one in the General. 2 GA's and one nosebleed.

Ironically I got my presale tickets after the General sale lol.

I bought two GAs via presale. My brother also managed to get 2 GAs to the SAME show via the general sale. The problem is/was he used my Amex card that I had used. I just spoke with TicketMaster and he said there should be no problem but my bro decided to put his tix on his Visa just in case. We share the same billing address as we are roommates. The TM rep said that I would have been able to purchase the tix on my account and with my card on the general sale date because the pre-sale was a separate matter. I don't know how much I trust this info but I'm putting it out there for you guys. My suggestion is to call them PRIOR to any problems. Take care & good luck!

Hey E.V., do you think the Valle Hovin show will sell out immediately??? I can guess the answer is yes, but I just was curious in case I can't wake up at 4 AM and connect to the ticnet site.

Just so you know, your tickets for GA are twice as much as they are here in the US.... I figure my friend and I might try and trade our Philly tix for the Valle Hovin tix. Of course, I highly doubt that anyone who really wants to see them in Oslo will want to see them in Philly, but we still might try it. I am still waiting to hear from some relatives to see if they can help me get tickets. I don't even know if I could go, but I would then sell them for face value. Yeah, but I at least want to try and get those tickets. I would love to see U2 somewhere besides the US, and seeing that I would probably would not have to pay for lodging, I figured Norway would be the best place.

Twice as much... I had that feeling ;).

I would want to see them in Philly - but I can't.

But if you buy tickets to Valle Hovin, you could easily get rid of them. What if you didn't buy them, and later found out that you could go? Call your relatives. ;)

Phone calls to Norway are really expensive, plus I don't know their phone numbers. The whole thing is hinging on whether or not my one cousin who lives 'within walking distance of Vallehovin' as he puts it, is home. If he is, my friend and I have a place to stay for free, or I could call my other relative who works for the SAS Radisson, the really big one in Oslo, maybe he could work out a sweet discount. Yeah, so the whole thing is up in the air.

Thanks, but I think we got off topic. I think that I would be really careful with the multiple venue thing. What EV alluded to on the ticketmaster site answered the question. However, it can get a little confusing after that. Can you get more than one venue from a general sale???? That might be a little harder to answer. The UK and Ireland seem to be really picky about that.

In the US, I was able to get tickets to three shows. I don't understand why, since they have stadium shows in Europe, they would have a limit to the amount you can buy. There may be more 'shows' on our leg, but remember the venues hold half of the amount of people. Then I wonder if I actually tried to get tix to Ireland or UK, would that limit apply to me? Seeing that I have those tix already, I bet I might have a problem. 'One show on this tour' seems to be clear.

If they were for the 22nd May I would try and get the Norway tickets for you and then trade.

I will be going to the MSG show on the 21st and would like to see two shows:wink:

thanks krby... but since i already agreed in principle with him, i don't think it will work. that was very generous of you though. thanks. i also am going to msg, but since philly is an hour and a half away, and i have work the next day, it would be a little too much. thats why i wanted to go to the first one. i gotta go now, i will be on later.

OK, no probs, it would have worked for me also, as I will probably have to use scalpers to get tix for Philly 2.

will you be here the week before? the first philly show is only a week before msg. i dont know what your plans are. also, this is going to maybe sound a bit too pretentious, but if i were to pay you through pay pal, or what ever, could you still try and help me out? if not, no big deal. my friend and i agreed to wake up early on saturday to try. i would trade you the first philly show. if i don't get those tix, then i will try to post my trade offer on the what you have page. let me know.

one other thing, if the norway thing didn't work out, i would have been out a show. if i traded, i would only do it after i knew for sure i could go.

I'm only in NY for the weekend, Fri-Mon, so the 1st Philly show is no good for me, it has to be the 22nd.

Ok, i think there are some people trying to trade philly I tix for other ones. just don't pay some ridiculous amount for those tickets.

Thing is, I don't have anything to trade with....when I saw that you had Philly tix to trade, I thought maybe I could grab a couple of Norway tix and use them.

Like you say, though, you might not make it to Valle Hovin anyway, so it might not matter.

krby, don't worry about it.... it was just an idea. thanks for offering, that was really really kind of you. by the way, you are probably asleep right now, good night!

Back
Top Bottom