Cameras and concerts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
I noticed there are alot of pictures from the Vertigo which is nice for those of us who can't get to a show. I'm just wondering though, are they letting cameras in? I saw a picture of the crowd and it seemed like everyone either had a digital camera or a cameraphone.

Just curious, that's all. :wink:

as long as it's not a huge-ass camera that takes a square mile of space, and with leses you can see what bono ate yesterday, it's allowed ja

Camera phones are now impossible to prevent (at some events, I bet over 50% of attendees have cell phones).

The exact standard will vary. The idea is to prevent "professional" cameras (detachable lenses are the biggest no-no).

I took my camera to San Diego 2. No cameras were allowed at Los Angeles 1. I am glad I couldn't take a camera, as I was able to simply enjoy the show instead of worrying about my next shot.

at most venues, point-and-shoot cameras are usually allowed, even if they say "no cameras allowed" (which was the case in anaheim...they let us bring in cameras). i'm surprised they didn't allow cameras at the los angeles show.

technically on the ticket it says no cameras allowed so this must apply to every venue and every show. Whether or not each venue takes this seriously or not is another story.

If I just put it in my pocket would it matter either way?

I got a digital camera for my birthday and I'm hoping to use it for my first GA experience in December :drool:

I think the "No camera/video" has just become a standard thing to put on a ticket... I don't think it's U2's idea... <-- Why would they have a fan pic section on their official website if cameras was not allowed... ??

I was in Gothenburg last night where the tickets said "No cameras+++" and they didn't check us for anything. Just said that very big cameras would not be allowed in the arena...

Yes, my cousin got his camera in yesterday and managed to shoot some great photos just a couple of metres from the stage. Can't wait to see them all! :)

Were cameras allowed in MSG? I'm going in October and would love to bring mine in!
When I saw them in Dublin, they didnt' even search my bag! People were filming the show on camcorders and no body said anything!!

On the back of my tickets for both the Twickenham and Cardiff dates it said no cameras allowed but when it cane to the big day nobody seemed to mind..although it makes sense them not letting in huge 'professional' cameras, but i get the impression that cameras intended for personal use only are okay...

Back
Top Bottom