Camera allowed in Sydney Telesta Stadium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James Deen

Babyface
Does anyone know whether cameras are allowed in Sydney Telstra Stadium? I am not referring to the small digital kind; I have a conventional (DSLR) camera with a relatively huge lens.
If no, how do I 'smuggle' it in? I have seen these being used in U2's concert DVDs....

I don't think they have a problem with still cameras at all, video cameras would be the only no-go (and most digital cameras take video anyway, so...)

It would be wise to check though. If you are going in with a professional looking set up, I'd check that out first. I know just a 'personal' little camera would definitely be a-ok.

it will depend on the person working bag checks when you enter, it does state quite clearly on the ticket "no cameras or recorders" i wouldent think they'ed care about a still camera-im planning to take one, and if i cant have it in, my mobile will do just fine. just dont be caught with recording devices in your boots!. i do scencierly hope that still photography is allowed.

the only time i could see anyone getting pissed off is if someone was filming at the same time there filming a DVD and the record company would be most pissed by that i dont think the band cares

There is no way in this day and age they can search and confiscate the millions of people who have photographic cell phones and nearly everyone has one. Small digital type cameras have been allowed at every show I've attended....just no fancy professional video set up or professional cameras with big ass lenses.

I must be the unlucky one, as at every U2 show I have been to also inluding other outdoor shows , security is fantical .
They have been fanatical is checking bags and i had a small camera which was confiscated, one show it was raining my umbrella was taken away (fear of Hurting some I suppose and I had my own bottle of water and the seal was not broken and they took that .) THey pretty much want u to hire and buy stuff off them.
I wish you luck and hope you get a camera in, but be ready for the bodycheck and bagcheck.

Hi Guys,

What about cell phone with camera and video feature? I have mine that way, it could even record up till 30 mins. Will they confiscate our phone too?

Then what happened to those confiscated camera? Will we be able to get them back?

don't worry about regular cameras or camera phones. honestly, they can't confiscate everyone's phone, so there's no worries about small cameras (I took a regular old 4-megapixel to Dec show). PLUS, there is a part in the show when Bono asks everyone to light up their phone...

Back
Top Bottom