Bullet with Butterfly Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedpoet

Refugee
I'd consider myself a huge U2 fan and a big Smashing Pumpkins fans, so my ears perked up when I heard that U2 has been rehearsing this song. Is this true? Will it even sound good? I mean, I'm sure the Edge can do virtually anything with his guitar, but how will Bono's vocals sound? It could be great, or terrible.....anyone heard them perform this?

blueyedpoet said:
I'd consider myself a huge U2 fan and a big Smashing Pumpkins fans, so my ears perked up when I heard that U2 has been rehearsing this song. Is this true? Will it even sound good? I mean, I'm sure the Edge can do virtually anything with his guitar, but how will Bono's vocals sound? It could be great, or terrible.....anyone heard them perform this?

What a weird song for them to cover! I love the Pumpkins but I don't think this is the song for U2 to cover from them.

Where did you hear this?

I was at the May 17th show in NJ where he slipped it in. Bono basically repeats the line "Despite all my rage..." a couple times.

It's one of things where the lyrics sound so familiar yet it takes a few seconds to figure out where it's from because it's being used in a different song.

It's nothing really to get too excited about...only lasts about 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Bono sang the snippet in Boston 5/28, but I didn't catch it as I was grooving too much to Edge's solo;) But I heard it on the download of the show I have... and kicked myself, Pumpkins are my second fave band (tied with R.E.M.)

on some U2 tours site it said they rehearsed the song...if it's just a snippet, i can really understand this.......is billy a fan of the band? I remember reading about him doing dishes early in the morning at some party with Bono. I also know he recently said that U2 has ripped off some musical ideas from echo and the bunnymen...hmm. I wonder if the snippet would work even better in Out of Control - think about the lyrical ideas

Back
Top Bottom