Buffalo Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Did I say otherwise?

It's just the casual fans get songs served to them on a platter while hardcore fans get a handful of songs at best.
just curious was gloria not in the previous setlist?

I don't think I'll be reaching 1000 by the end of the night, but here's hoping! Wow I feel like such a newb in the midsts of such giant post counts. :eeklaugh:

Lila64 said:
how are you feeling redkat?

And hello to all - don't want to leave anyone out, but also don't want to scroll back. I had a juror summons today, and spent the day sitting in a room full of others. Luckily I didn't get picked. Just spent the time reading and snoozing on & off :|

DOes that mean you're done Lila? You don't have to go back do you?

I'm a bit better. I go between vertigo to sleep depending on when I take the medicine:huh:

pattip2000 said:
So I’m thinking about buying a bed off of craigslist, the lady wants to sell the mattress with it, am I the only weirded out by the thought of sleeping on someone else’s mattress?

I don't think I'd buy the mattress. :yikes: bed bugs or whatever else could be on it. :yuck: :yikes:

After observing some casual fans at the 12/5 show, they knew nothing from the latest album except Vertigo.
BTBS was the beer run song.

Miss Sarajevo was the sit down song.

Streets and SBS were the only songs they went extra crazy for.

I don't know if I would agree that the casual fans get songs served to them.. Or maybe I was just near some idiots :wink:

catlhere said:
I don't think I'll be reaching 1000 by the end of the night, but here's hoping! Wow I feel like such a newb in the midsts of such giant post counts. :eeklaugh:

Never judge an Interferencer by their post count!!! I wise man once said this....

*ME* :happy: :happy: :happy:

:wave: hi everyone! bummer to hear we more than likely don't have a source tonight. :(

anyone know if we've got one for tomorrow? i'm trying to keep tabs here for the rest of the u.s. leg so i don't have to ask a million times :loser:

alison0313 said:
After observing some casual fans at the 12/5 show, they knew nothing from the latest album except Vertigo.

I don't know if I would agree that the casual fans get songs served to them.. Or maybe I was just near some idiots :wink:

I was sitting in the club seats for 12/5. People were just lame! :tsk:

Axver said:

It's been played enough damn times (more than 710 times!). Gloria and The Electric Co. are far superior.

I Will Follow is just pandering to the casual fans who only own the Best Ofs and they already have the rest of the damn set tailor-made for them anyway.
Yeah, you know, I really love I Will Follow (and I don't know if Gloria is superior to it), it's one of their best songs, but it sounding soooooo boring to me lately. They have played this song so damn much that it has lost its impact (even that amazing riff doesn't pump me up much anymore). Right now The Electric Co. sounds so much more fun and fresh. I cannot understand why they are not playing it as often as they were. They should play The Electric Co. and Gloria every night and simply not play I Will Follow in this tour anymore.

alison0313 said:

That's also true.

I don't mind casuals (I like SBS and Streets too) Just as long as they know the songs except maybe Miss S. cuz that's not really a HUGE U2 song. And as long as they stand up and jump and cheer. I can't stand when I'm the only one jumping in my section. I feel like a nut. :huh:

Axver said:

Did I say otherwise?

It's just the casual fans get songs served to them on a platter while hardcore fans get a handful of songs at best.

I understand what you mean. When I heard gloria this past week, it totally rocked. It sounded very different the last time I heard it(different drumming, it seemed). Usually I would say I will follow is my favorite but I have to say Gloria was awesome and I think is becoming my favorite! They should keep that in!

Yeah, I'm not going to pass my physics exam with or without studying, so I might as well come to the party. :D Did anything interesting happen so far that I should be informed of, or has the show not even started yet?

angelordevil said:

You have the nicest count here...

:flirt:

:D

I’m trying for raise my post count. One word posts count just as much as one with LOTS of words I have found.

U2Girl1978 said:

I was sitting in the club seats for 12/5. People were just lame! :tsk:

I'm over worrying about what people around me are doing, but sometimes its hard not to notice the lameness. Especially when they have to walk by me to get their beer :mad:

catlhere said:

That's also true.

I don't mind casuals (I like SBS and Streets too) Just as long as they know the songs except maybe Miss S. cuz that's not really a HUGE U2 song. And as long as they stand up and jump and cheer. I can't stand when I'm the only one jumping in my section. I feel like a nut. :huh:

What section were you in?

I hope Miracle Drug makes at least 1 more appearance. :sad: No Edge of the future makes the Baby Jesus cry.

Still, I like OOTS too. So it's ok I suppose.

U2Girl1978 said:

What section were you in?

I was thinking of when I went to the second night of Vegas. About only like 1/4 of my section was going crazy or jumping, or even swaying to the music. Everyone either stood there or sat down during slower paced songs. Bugged me. I felt bad for the people behind me cuz I stood during all of it. (it was somewhere in the top most section facing the stage)

alison0313 said:

I'm over worrying about what people around me are doing, but sometimes its hard not to notice the lameness. Especially when they have to walk by me to get their beer :mad:

Or how a couple was fighting in front of me! I guess the guy was pretty drunk because he kept swearing, yelling at his wife? saying the band sucks I want to get out of here, blah blah. They left in the middle of the concert. I actually clapped when they left. Stupid, I tell you... :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom