Bruxelles - part quatre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevashn_hj

Acrobat
Ok so just incase, just so GOD PART III Doesn't get to it first......here it is. But this may remain a one post subject. :D

Enjoy

Flyyourkite wrote:
For God's sake will people stop bitching about how everyone got fucked?? Honestly, there are people who can't go to see a single concert...who can't even afford to buy a single album less. Give it a rest already and enjoy the moments while you can!

I don't know. I don't see the point in complaining about a setlist to a show that you didn't even go to.

someone owes me an apology for my setlist prediction.

Flyyourkite wrote:

Quote:
For God's sake will people stop bitching about how everyone got fucked?? Honestly, there are people who can't go to see a single concert...who can't even afford to buy a single album less. Give it a rest already and enjoy the moments while you can!

OMG, FlyYourKite said the f* word... :no:

:wink:

kellyahern said:
Flyyourkite wrote:

I don't know. I don't see the point in complaining about a setlist to a show that you didn't even go to.

Whether or not you were at a show doesn't change the quality of a set and whether it works or not. If U2 played Grace followed by HMTMKMKM, J. Swallow, Love Is Blindness, and then Vertigo, I wouldn't need to be there to know that it's a horrible combination without any flow.

kellyahern said:
Flyyourkite wrote:

I remember when they played Vertigo twice in Seattle there was alot of bitching. But something like that, you can't really judge unless you're there.

setlist:

Vertigo
Until The End Of The World
The Cry
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Yahweh

my prediction:

Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Pride
One
(encore)
The Fly
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

yep, totally off.

Axver said:

Whether or not you were at a show doesn't change the quality of a set and whether it works or not. If U2 played Grace followed by HMTMKMKM, J. Swallow, Love Is Blindness, and then Vertigo, I wouldn't need to be there to know that it's a horrible combination without any flow.

Yes, but that wasn't the set. It was basically the same set as the Boston shows you saw, and you said you had a great time.

:shrug:

I just don't remember the previous set list parties turning into such bitch and moan sessions. It takes the fun away, imho.

JOFO said:
setlist:

Vertigo
The Cry
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
One

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Yahweh

my prediction:

Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Pride
One
(encore)
The Fly
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

yep, totally off.

and i had responded to your prediction that vertigo would open, uteotw would be second, no an cat dubh or into the heart, and that you were missing zoo station and mysterious ways

and that all turned out to be correct

for a u2 setlist, being wrong on 1 or 2 songs is way off because its always the same :wink:

Chizip said:

and i had responded to your prediction that vertigo would open, uteotw would be second, no an cat dubh or into the heart, and that you were missing zoo station and mysterious ways

and that all turned out to be correct

for a u2 setlist, being wrong on 1 or 2 songs is way off because its always the same :wink:

again, I can't argue with that.:wink:

About the setlist whining... As a bootleg collector, I would of course see as different sets as possible. But as a fan who's probably only gonna see 1 show this tour (and most people who attend the shows only attend 1), I think that too much change isn't too good...

What would be left for the last show on the tour?

I think they could play 'Stay' from Zooropa, a few pop songs, and maybe 1-2 more from ATYCLB, but that's my opinion. I also hunger for "I Fall Down", "Electrical Storm" and "Acrobat", and are a bit tired of Pride and Mysterious Ways, but hey, that's just me... There is a 1000 "my favourite setlist"'s.

Let's face it... We have got a lot old stuff this tour. Who said in Mid-march: "We are gonna have 2-3 Boy-songs this tour (and none of them is IWF or OOC!)"??

There are always gonna be people that don't like the setlist... We are millions of different fans...

Let's all be in high spirits in these threads! It's a party for Gods sake! Not the hangover!

Last edited:
we'll i've gotta go get some stuff done and try to get to the bank before they close. cya later :wave:

Back
Top Bottom