Bring Glowsticks to San Diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
During the Elevation tour, I suggested that everyone who was in the heart bring red glowsticks, and light the place up. It never really caught on, but I was so psyched when I saw that U2 had done it at the Super Bowl halftime show. All the fans had red sticks, and it looked awesome on TV.

What do you say we try it again for opening night in San Diego? Imagine an arena filled with thousands of waving glowsticks... how great would that be?! Sort of a modern-day version of the old cigarette-lighter phenomenon at rock shows.

Sounds like that would look very cool, but I have to admit that I cringed when I saw the thread title. At one of the Providence shows during the Elevation tour I was standing by a girl who waved a green glowstick the whole time. Her hand and that damn glow stick managed to make their way into half of my pictures. I still laugh about it.

From 04-24-01
u2meandlisa.jpg

Thats me and my wife.

There is a directory I found of U2 pix, that someone took, and you can see my glowsticks in some of the pictures...
http://michaelvox.com/myu2pix/
(LIKE THIS ONE)
http://michaelvox.com/myu2pix/DDD4_013.JPG

The best use of glowsticks at a concert I went to was Madonna, during Ray of Light, one whole section broke out bright orange sticks and waved them...very cool

wow...creative. :rolleyes:

doesn't hillary duff and the likes (every other concert on the planet) blow out the doors on glow sticks? Hmm..me thinks she does.

hahaha Eliv8

Eliv8 said:
I have another idea. When Bono sings Vertigo, after Hello Hello, lets all shout Hola!

That would sound cool to have a few hundred people shouting that out when everyone else is singing along to "Hello, hello." Would probably catch Bono off guard, too. :up:

Eliv8 said:
I have another idea. When Bono sings Vertigo, after Hello Hello, lets all shout Hola!

I think we should all shout "kia ora" instead.

(Maori for "hello". I recall that it can be heard during the intro before Zoo Station on the ZooTV Sydney video.)

Edgey said:
Sounds like that would look very cool, but I have to admit that I cringed when I saw the thread title. At one of the Providence shows during the Elevation tour I was standing by a girl who waved a green glowstick the whole time. Her hand and that damn glow stick managed to make their way into half of my pictures. I still laugh about it.

:wink:

I guess it would only really look cool if the entire arena had them, which is probably unlikely. Maybe it should just be people in the oval. I just remember how cool the heart looked at the Super Bowl...

Back
Top Bottom