Boston III Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
angelordevil said:
:sexywink:

Goodnight x2
Coucou10.gif

KhanadaRhodes said:

i'm proud of you :kiss:

but you should go study some more. :)

At least someone is. :sad:

Hee, yeah, I know. I'm just taking a small break. One can only go over ideal gas equations and spdf orbital theories so many times a night. :crack:

Congratulations on the GAs, reptile!

Hi guys. Lurked all night, I'm too old to figure out how to hear the "stream"! Thanks for the setlist.///WOW! WTF!! Unbelievable show tonight. I live and work 5 minutes from the Garden, and I went there tonight to buy 2 nosebleeds for tomorrow nights show from a guy who's seeing both. Bought them and DAMN happy I did!!! Tomorrow, the LAST show, should be monumentally sublime!!!!! I'm glad to just be 'in the building'. Thanks again to all of you. Larry

KhanadaRhodes said:

awww :hug: yeah i can imagine... :yikes:

:hug: :flirt:

Spdf orbital theory is terrible! I mean, who honestly gives a fuck if an element has a p-orbital or not?

Hi Timo. :wave: :sexywink:

I still can't get over the fact that they came back out after Bad! That's definitely a surprise.

GibsonGirl said:

Spdf orbital theory is terrible! I mean, who honestly gives a fuck if an element has a p-orbital or not?

I still can't get over the fact that they came back out after Bad! That's definitely a surprise.

yikes! i know i certainly don't care! just tell your professor that, i'm sure it'll get you out of having to take the exam. :wink:

me too! i feel totally bad for everyone who rushed out of there after bad/40 to get in line for tomorrow's show and missed the surprise encore. :(

I just got home from the show. I can't believe I actually left after Bad!!!!!!!!!

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

My bet is that a lot of people will be saying the same thing because the stairs were very crowded when leaving.

Oh Well, I am glad for those that did stay and see the bonus, and it just goes to show you anything can happen.

PS: DAMN!!

must remember people...don't leave until the house lights come on! The source for the zoo left after 40 as well as others.. and ran back to catch end of Fast Cars...

ntalwar said:
u2tours:

"U2 comes out for a 3rd encore, playing All Because of You and Fast Cars to a shocked crowd made up of fans that haven't already left. Some fans, including those getting in the GA line for tomorrow's show, miss the end of the show. "

Does anyone know if the arena lights ever came on after the 2nd Encore?

KhanadaRhodes said:

yikes! i know i certainly don't care! just tell your professor that, i'm sure it'll get you out of having to take the exam. :wink:

me too! i feel totally bad for everyone who rushed out of there after bad/40 to get in line for tomorrow's show and missed the surprise encore. :(

:kiss:

I would, but I wouldn't have the heart to... Not after he spent two hours with me outside of his office hours trying to get me to understand the stuff! That's actually the only reason why I'm even bothering to study for chemistry, hee. Pure guilt.

I feel bad for those people too. ( bostonfly :hug: ) I would have been kicking myself!

GibsonGirl said:
:kiss:

I would, but I wouldn't have the heart to... Not after he spent two hours with me outside of his office hours trying to get me to understand the stuff! That's actually the only reason why I'm even bothering to study for chemistry, hee. Pure guilt.

I feel bad for those people too. ( bostonfly :hug: ) I would have been kicking myself!
:kiss: :combust:

awww, well i understand then. if he's put that much effort into it then i guess you have to stick with it and try! :wink:

suuuuure you do! don't believe her, guys.

just got back guys...this was the best of the 6 boston shows ive seen this tour...yes, better than boston II....i got into the ellipse again (2/2 this tour...hehe...) and was third row in front of bono.....this show kicked ass, top quality performance, and the encores were unbelievable....UTEOTW rocked the house...girl brought up on stage during both MW and WOWY...bunch of zootopians with flags up on stage at end of one...they came back on for a third encore...after ABOY, bono said we are gonna do one more song, and you could tell the rest of the band was miffed....larry didn't know what the hell was going on....bono forgot the lyrics at the end, and he asked edge, who seemed to have no idea...so bono walked up to the front row of the ellipse and got the lines from us fans and sang the rest of the song...un-fucking believable performance...show lasted 2 and a half hours...bono commented its good to be back home, as Boston is U2's unofficial "home" in the US...can't see how this will be topped tomorrow...i expect electric co, MD, and out of control for tomorrow night, as Dallas checked all of them with edge's guitar before the show started...night all

Man, I'm wiped out. What a show. I can't believe we got three encores. People started filing out after Bad, and when they heard them come back on for a third time, they came running back in.

Fast Cars was very cool to hear, but most of the place had no idea what it was. Bono seemed amused by it all, saying "Who else is gonna end the show with a song you don't know? Us!"

I'm tired. I'm going to bed.

rwolins1 said:

Does anyone know if the arena lights ever came on after the 2nd Encore?

No the house lights never did come on after Bad. Also Bad went into 40 and then finished quite quickly. It sort of felt like the wrong point to end the show even if that was (and it was) what the setlist dictated. The loudest cheers of the nights welcomed the Boys back on stage for All Because Of You and then Bono raised his finger for one more song. He introduced Fast Cars as being a song from "one of the Irish colonies - England". At the end of that he said something like "who would finish the night off with a song you don't know? We would!" and then the house lights came on fairly quickly.

A great night - the One campaign volunteers up on stage during One was a surprise and exciting moment. It seemed like half the Ellipse were getting up on stage.

paulrg said:

No the house lights never did come on after Bad.

I guess it would have been better for people if they ended the show with "THE END" on the screens like on the European Leg ;)

I can't believe they came back.
After every show I've been to I always hope that they will... in Montreal I almost thought they would, the crowd was all still there and it was so loud...

I'm so glad that they can stlil surprise us :)

Can't wait for tomorrow's setlist, but I hope people won't be too dissapointed if they don't play Mofo or Crumbs...

After Bad on Montreal 1, I was convinced they were coming back. The show was beyond amazing, the crowd amazingly loud, and the lights were still on for longer then they've ever had.

If Boston gets Mofo, I will erupt into a jeaouls fit.

Mike

Well, that was Vertigo's sixth different closing song. Still has a way to go to pass Boy's record of nine though ...

</random statistics post>

Wow, when was the last time they did a real encore? Elevation? Lovetown?!

typhoon said:
Wow, when was the last time they did a real encore? Elevation? Lovetown?!

Three Elevation shows closed with spontaneous Out Of Controls.

Before that ... I think Lovetown's encores were a tad scripted because that's when BB King and his band appeared. There was that Joshua Tree Tour show in Houston on 7 April 1987 where the band had played 40, left, and then came back to do Trip Through Your Wires and Southern Man.

U2's encores have always been seriously scripted, though. You have to go back to the Boy and October Tours for regular 'real' encores with the band coming back out to do a second I Will Follow after The Ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom