Boston II vs Boston III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
I cannot believe anyone is criticising these shows.

Sheer perfection. Totally worth the trip from Australia.

:up: Not that U2 can do no wrong, but really, I honestly don't GET the criticisms of these shows, especially ones people have actually BEEN to... a lot of people ragged on Chicago 1, but I thought it was a fantastic show. I guess maybe if you don't go to many U2 shows (I'd only been to one other, Indy 5/10/01) then it becomes easier to criticize...

Went to Boston III and have no complaints, it topped Hartford on the Elevation tour for me hands down. I was ecstatic to hear An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart; songs I never thought I'd ever hear live, and Edge nailed the guitar interlude! Electric Co, no complaints there, very energetic! I thought it was an awesome last show of the leg.

hibricc said:
Anyone else notice the crew packing it all up with 3 songs left to go??? They were outta there Saturday night!

I was front row in front of Edge, and the moment the lights came on, the crew was basically telling us to get lost, like immediately. They were definitely in a hurry to leave, which is probably why the band didn't come back out, despite the crowd chanting the verse of "40" for 5 minutes......

muh2o said:

I was front row in front of Edge, and the moment the lights came on, the crew was basically telling us to get lost, like immediately. They were definitely in a hurry to leave, which is probably why the band didn't come back out, despite the crowd chanting the verse of "40" for 5 minutes......

The crew on this tour didn't strike me as having the best attitude--I realize they work insane hours for not much money, but on Thurs. evening in Boston I tried chatting a bit with some of the crew at the soundboard before the show (not the guys that were obviously very busy) and got the total cold shoulder. Then after the show I stopped by again to congratulate the lighting guys one a job well done and one of the lackeys who was packing up basically told me to get the f__ out of the way. It was really weird getting that kind of negative energy right after such a love-fest of a show. Sort of killed my buzz for a minute until I realized that it had nothing to do with me.

My impression is that the worker bees on the crew get burned out and aren't enoying the job. Too bad for them. . .

Incidentally, the thing that really surprised me is the 2 different I guys I tried to chat with were both Irish--and I've rarely met an Irishman who was downright rude (well, a sober one, anway!)

Last edited:
AtomicBono said:

:up: Not that U2 can do no wrong, but really, I honestly don't GET the criticisms of these shows, especially ones people have actually BEEN to... a lot of people ragged on Chicago 1, but I thought it was a fantastic show. I guess maybe if you don't go to many U2 shows (I'd only been to one other, Indy 5/10/01) then it becomes easier to criticize...

For me, it got easier to critique (not criticize) individual shows after I'd been to a bunch. I mean, after seeing Elevation four times in six nights, how can you NOT compare them to each other?

I think there was 11pm curfew on the Fleetcenter. They came off the stage at 11:18, so I guess thats why they had to hurry up...

Back
Top Bottom