BOSTON II Setlist Party Part I (Do not post U2.com setlist!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I'd want Murali simply to force the Australians to face him. I'm sick of the constant attempts to discredit him when he's clearly one of the best spin bowling talents ever. Point taken on Mushtaq though.

No running away now fuckers :happy:

Do you remember that brief period when Murali held the world record for Test Wickets? I remember a double page spread in the News Ltd press slamming his career and saying that Shane Warne (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) was the true world record taker. :lmao:

No running away now.... fuckers. :evil: :happy:

I'm actually quite excited now.

So I've been watching baseball all day and on Fox they've already played some of Speed Of Sound and The Scientist, so I was a happy boy. But while they were introducing the linup for the Yankees, they were playing New York in the background

random U2 sighting :drool:

oh yeah, go angels

I hope Bono doesnt wear the Bosox jersey tonight as the White Sox absolutley destroyed them.

thetitans2k said:

Fawlty Towers, is a show I enjoy. The Waldorf salad episode is amazing. The funniest show ever made.... I dont think so. That would be Arrested Development with a close second to Seinfeld.

Have you seen the episodes Gourmet Night or The Germans? Pure genius. Seinfeld could never even think of touching it.

Arrested Development's some new series, isn't it? I can't be bothered watching new stuff on TV now, none of it interests me. :|

Axver said:
Arrested Development's some new series, isn't it? I can't be bothered watching new stuff on TV now, none of it interests me. :|

Yep, it's in its third season now. If they have the season one DVDs down in your neck of the world, you should give it a try. Much, much smarter than your stereotypical US sitcom.

Axver said:

Have you seen the episodes Gourmet Night or The Germans? Pure genius. Seinfeld could never even think of touching it.

Have you seen Curb Your Enthusiasm, Axver?

timothius said:

No running away now fuckers :happy:

Do you remember that brief period when Murali held the world record for Test Wickets? I remember a double page spread in the News Ltd press slamming his career and saying that Shane Warne (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) was the true world record taker. :lmao:

No running away now.... fuckers. :evil: :happy:

I'm actually quite excited now.

:lmao: What a joke.

I can't wait for Murali to take Warne's record away from him. The only records Warne deserves are for disgracing the game and looking like an idiot.

Last week Chris Martin said he was going to be spending some time in Athens visiting all of the REM sites. I've hightened by rockstar awareness levels.
I did a "rockstar drive-by" :reject: yesterday but I didn't see anything. :(

I felt inspired to post this for the fellow Officeworkers among us:

Gareth: "You know the phrase softly softly catchy monkey? …I could catch a monkey - if I was starving I could. I’d make poison darts out of the poison off deadly frogs. One milligram of that poison can kill a monkey. Or a man. Prick yourself, you’ll be dead within a day. Or longer. Different frogs, different times."

Gareth: "In this room, I have special-"
Tim: "Needs?"
Gareth: "No, I am a special-"
Tim: "Needs child?"
Gareth: "No. And that’s not even funny"

"There are things that I will never laugh at. The handicapped - because there’s nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. …At least the little handicapped fella is able minded… or sometimes not - it’s difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones."

Rowan: "Gareth, quick trust exercise, ultimate fantasy?"
Gareth: "Hmm?"
David: "We’re just doing the ultimate fantasy, we’re all doing it"
Gareth: "Two lesbians probably, sisters. I’m just watching"
Rowan: "OK. Erm. Tim? Do you have one?"
Tim: "I’d never thought I’d say this, but can I hear more from Gareth please?"

Gareth always made me so uncomfortable, because he was just so, so ... so ... well, you know. You saw the show. :wink:

Perfect actor to play him, though. Just awkward-looking, and uncomfortable-making.

corianderstem said:

Yep, it's in its third season now. If they have the season one DVDs down in your neck of the world, you should give it a try. Much, much smarter than your stereotypical US sitcom.

Yes the DVD's are down here in Australia. Initially I didn't like it, mainly because the comedy network plugged it 24/7 and I couldn't watch anything without that fucking banjo. But then I started to warm to it... there is no doubt it is overrated, but good nonetheless.

Somone mentioned Curb Your Enthusiasm... it's very smart - similar comedic techniques to The Office come to think of it.

No one mentioned Coupling. :sad:

For all of us who love Fawlty ...

Basil and hearing-impaired hotel guest Mrs Richards are up in the room she booked, arguing because she's dissatisfied.

Mrs Richards: And another thing, I asked for a room with a view

Basil Fawlty: Deaf, mad, and blind. This is the view as far as I can remember, madam ... yes, yes, this is the view.

R: I expected something more interesting than that.

B: That is Torquay, madam.

R: That's not good enough.

B: Well may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -

R: Don't be silly. I expected to be able to see the sea.

B: You can see the sea. It's over there between the land and the sky.

R: I'd need a telescope to see that.

B: Well may I suggest that you consider moving to a hotel closer to the sea or preferably in it.

R: Now listen to me. I'm not satisfied, but I've decided to stay here. However, I shall expect a reduction.

B: Why? Because Krakatoa's not erupting at the moment?

---

A short while later, still in the room.

Basil: May I ask, do you by any chance have a hearing aid?

Mrs Richards: A what?

B: A hearing aid!

R: Yes I do have a hearing aid.

B: Would you like me to get it mended?

R: Mended? It's working perfectly alright.

B: No it isn't.

R: I haven't got it turned on at the moment. The battery runs down.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

timothius said:
... there is no doubt it is overrated, but good nonetheless.

:mad:

There is doubt. Oh yes, there is doubt!

Feh.

:wink:

I rented the first season of Coupling and didn't get past the first few episodes because the characters annoyed me.

More. :hyper:

Gareth: "It’s a fun place, but it’s full of loose women. My only problem with that is venereal disease, which is disabilitating right, especially for a soldier. And it’s irresponsible to the rest of your unit as well. Alright, you’ve been under attack for days, there’s a soldier down, he’s wounded, gangrene’s setting in, ‘who’s used all the penicillin?’ ‘Oh, Mark Paxton sir, he’s got knobrot off some tart.’"

Gareth: "I work hard. I earn my keep. But unfortunately the history books are full of just people who toil and fight for worthy causes and the freedom of others"
Tim: "That’s the most profound thing you’ve ever said mate"
Gareth: "Yeah and you don’t want that only for foreigners, or women, or disableds to take advantage of it"
Tim: "Can I withdraw my last comment?"

Gareth: "My dad, for example, he's not as cosmopolitan or as educated as me and it can be embarrasing you know. He doesn't understand all the new trendy words - like he'll say 'poofs' instead of 'gays', 'birds' instead of 'women', 'darkies' instead of 'coloureds'."

kellyahern said:

I like football.

Me like when big men hit other people. Throw catch ball run.

I like it when they aren't pansies and don't need to wear a helmet and twenty pillows.

Rugby = god of sports
Rugby league = rugby for pansies
American football = rugby league for ultra-pansies

The Bucs are 4-0

I've finally accepted our Superbowl win. You see, being born and raised in Tampa, the Bucs being terrible was a constant in my life. We were bad, very bad. Creamsicle orange bad. I go off to college, and then we start getting good. And then the Bucs won the Superbowl, which I thought was one of the signs of the apocolypse :wink:.

Then we started being bad again, and I thought, "Finally, things are getting back to normal." But now, the world is getting strange again :shifty:.

Axver said:

I like it when they aren't pansies and don't need to wear a helmet and twenty pillows.

Rugby = god of sports
Rugby league = rugby for pansies
American football = rugby league for ultra-pansies

Are there a lot of injuries in rugby? It seems there's always someone pulling something or straining something in football.

Is it gushing head wounds in rugby? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom