Bootlegs of Tonights Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way, I recommend Bit Tornado. I've used it, the official client, and Azureus, and I definitely feel Bit Tornado is the best.

Nearly finished torrenting disc one of the 1981-02-12 DVD now, woohoo! This is completing just in time to get me excited for the big event today! :hyper:

They could even invent a word for it, for using a search engine I mean. It has to be a new word, a bit catchy and not too long.

:hmm:

Let's call the phrase: 'to google!'

:D

bit torrent made easy

What is bit-torrent? Bit torrent is a file sharing system developed to spread large files quickly and easily. The best part about bit torrent is the ability for webmasters to spread content without using a lot of bandwidth as the bandwidth is shared by each individual downloader and uploader. It's very easy to install and implement bit torrent on your machine.

Step 1

The first thing you need to implement bit torrent on your machine is a form of client software. Client software is almost entirely 100% freeware and is of relatively small size. There are dozens of clients being developed constantly but there are only a few right now that people consider "the best". Examples of bit-torrent client software include Bit Tornado (http://www.bittornado.com), Azureus and the original Bit Torrent client. Download one of your choice and install it. Feel free to try as many as you want to find the one that works best for you.

Step 2

Download a torrent. Torrent files are the files hosted in the torrent threads in our Soapbox forum and the tracker page, and are seen via your computer with the extension. These small files point the bit torrent client to the seeders of the particular media you are trying to download. Once you download the torrent file, open it! This will engage the client and your download will begin.

Step 3

Wait. It is perfectly normal for a file(s) being downloaded by a torrent client to be terribly slow, even as slow as 2 kb/s. Fear not. You have to remember that you are in essence queueing for the file(s). Once you are in the queue speed will gradually increase sometimes to exponentially fast speeds. Please be aware that if you jumped on a torrent very early in its seeding process your download will remain slow for almost the entire time of the download. That's why we suggest waiting to hit a torrent until it has been seeded a few times.

Step 4

Keep your windows open! Once your download has finished it is a essential part of the community to share and help spread the media. Leave your window open for other people that are joining in on the torrent. We do not expect you to do this constantly but a good sharer will upload the size of the media once before he closes, making sure there are some seeds left so the download doesnt die. There's nothing more that a torrent user hates than being on a torrent and losing all seeds before he/she gets a chance to finish the download. Keep in mind that this tracker has a ratio system, so if you decide to just finish your download and run off you may find your download privelage suspended and you will be forced to wait to download any new material.

Tracker and Torrent FAQ and Troubleshooting

What is a seeder? A seeder is the host of the full file. This is the person that has made the media available for you to download. As other users complete the download they become a seeder.

What is a leecher? In the case of a bit torrent user, a leecher can have two meanings. One derogatory and one common. The common meaning of leecher in relation to bit torrent is the downloader, if you are downloading a file that hasnt been completed you're a leecher as opposed to the seeder. The derogatory meaning is more widespread and can be applied to just about any P2P (peer to peer) software. A leecher in the derogatory sense is a user who downloads but doesnt share the wealth and hops off the software as soon as their download is complete.

Help! My torrent is fucking blue and it wont change! This is entirely normal. There are certain modes in bit torrent (check the in depth thread in the torrent forum for further details) that keep the torrent blue because of the mode they are seeding in. This is called Super Seed mode. Another reason may be that the seeder had to restart their PC or don't have internet access at that time for whatever reason and are not seeding the torrent but the torrent is still alive. Check the torrents thread in the forum and see if they have mentioned they are going to be away or if they have cancelled seeding.

Help! My torrent is fucking yellow and it wont change!This is not normal but it does happen. More than likely you have a router. Consult www.portforward.com and check the ports for bit torrent and forward the ports via the admin panel. If you do not have a router your bit torrent client software may not be configured properly. Keep in mind that it may take a little while before the status changes due to network traffic or other reasons.

Help! My torrent is fucking red and it wont change! Unfortunately the torrent you are likely on is old and is no longer being seeded, check the date of the original post if its a couple weeks or months old its likely dead, considering the finicky nature of Oasis fans it may only be a few days old. Go to the Requests sub forum in the Torrents forum and politely request a reseed or find the original thread for the torrent and ask politely for a window to be open thus bumping the thread to the top. If the source file is still available on someones computer likely they will open a window for you. If the torrent is dead though, you may be out of luck. Another option is to PM the original seeder and ask them politely on a personal level. Yet another option is to request a trade or B&P via the trade subforum.

Random Bit Torrent error messages. At times you may run into errors using a bit torrent client that have various different meanings. A lot of times these have nothing to do with the tracker but something is up with either your PC, network or client software. A good way to troubleshoot this is simply close the software and try the torrent again, a lot of times this fixes things right up. If you run into a unexplained error message, check the torrents thread to see if others are having the same problem. If not a easy way to find the answer to your problem is by literally typing the error message into Google, I have found the answers to my errors simply by doing this. If this doesnt solve your problem, try another client software and see how other P2P software is working on your system, if that is unusually slow or acting weird its likely a network problem. Another remedy is to uninstall/reinstall the client software and checking your settings. If you've messed with the bit torrent settings without the knowledge to do so, please mention this if you decide to post a help thread in the torrent forum.

Tips:

- Do not mess with the bit torrent settings unless you know what you are doing. If you have a problem that is not addressed via this FAQ or mentioned in the specific torrent thread that you are downloading refer to the FAQ or forum for the client software you are using conversely ask a computer nerd on the Soapbox forum.

-Wait a while to download a torrent. If a torrent has 1 seeder and 40 leechers the download will be slow, slow, slow. Wait a day to download the media and then jump on, the speeds will be dramatically different.

-If you are on dialup it is not advantageous for you to be using bit-torrent. However, there will be occasions when theres very popular torrents that stay alive for days or even weeks. You are welcome to download but be advised it will take a long time to finish a download, especially of some of the DVDs and lossless audio gigs that we host.

that FAQ was taken from another forum, so if it sounds as if some of that is related to something in particular ignore it.

The fact that we haven't heard anything about iTunes isn't a good sign. They might do what they did with the Brooklyn gig and release bits and pieces of certain shows, or maybe release a few complete shows.

As far as etiquette, instead of asking to see if someone else taped it, for everyone interested in a tape of the shows you go to, why not tape it yourself?

I love how no one is even in the building at San Diego and we already have thirty + posts in this thread! :p

Any recordings yet? How about now? Now? :wink:

I cannot believe it's been 4 years since we did this last.

i think just a couple of pics of the show is what i'll need to satiate me.. i don't want to see the whole show and ruin the experience when they come to toronto

Bit tornado is excellent - also 2 weeks seems weird - we had the first Melbourne Dave Matthews Show up 20 hours after they stepped offstage...

I';d reckon easytree may be the go - but if I get the ok from the taper (long shot kids - bt i shall email) i'll post some converted mp3s asap.

okay...I downloaded Bit Tornado.

would anyone be so kind as to tell me where exactly I could test download some U2 shit? yes, I even tried this, what is it you call it, "google" and am still desperately confused.:huh:

please direct me towards some good sites, I would worship you :bow:...also, do I have to register for all these sites too? my dad will flip if I crash the computer again w/ my music activities that he thinks I've stopped!:ohmy:

URGENT:ohmy:

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE 'FOR MEXICANS ONLY POST"

Tonights show is being broadcast live on the Mexican channel TELEHITS. It is available through most cable and satellite providers. I called mine and had it added in a few seconds. My DVR will record it as well. Show starts at 10:00pm Central.

Good Luck!

Mark Freedman said:
Any recordings yet? How about now? Now? :wink:

I cannot believe it's been 4 years since we did this last.

do you remember me sending you an awful static filled adl version of the fly from opening night elevation?

VertigoGal said:
okay...I downloaded Bit Tornado.

would anyone be so kind as to tell me where exactly I could test download some U2 shit? yes, I even tried this, what is it you call it, "google" and am still desperately confused.:huh:

please direct me towards some good sites, I would worship you :bow:...also, do I have to register for all these sites too? my dad will flip if I crash the computer again w/ my music activities that he thinks I've stopped!:ohmy:

I'm with VERTIGOGAL, now that I have BitTornado, what's next? I suspect that we'll have to download other programs to make this work?

Back
Top Bottom