Bono tour exercise regime?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was an interview with Bono in the People of the Year edition of Time magazine and he said he has some back problems and has been unable to workout / exercise. I don't know how long he has had the back problem. He said this is why he is overweight. Is his weight gain noticeable to other fans? He does not look overweight to me but I'm a guy and really don't notice that kind of stuff.

Hey, I had a chance to see Bono up close in November @ MSG.
I think he looked awsome and ofcourse I was in hysterics and almost fainted. The girl next to me ask me if I needed some water! So, I am rather biased. I don't think he is necessarily overweight but, He is not as thin as he used to be. I don't think he worked out as much but he was still full of voice and energy!:heart: :D

He's not really overweight, just has somewhat of a gut compared to the rest of his body. His arms and legs are really thin. Compared to the last tour though, I don't think he's any heavier. The most noticable different for me was between different legs of this tour. I think he used ot swim a lot (at least during Pop). Maybe that would be less stressful on the back? I can relate, I had a pinched nerve in my lower back for 1 and a half gymnastics seasons and some days even breathing was torture. With back injuries, it seems like the easiest stuff is always the most painful. I had a bit of a flairup recently and could do all my tricks, but just jumping up and down hurt more than anything.

I thought I remember reading here somewhere that someone spotted Bono working out in one of the hotel gyms during the Vertigo tour. If he's got back problems, swimming or any kind of water aerobic activity would be the best work out for him. He doesn't seem overweight to me, but then he is middle aged and as we near that point in our lives the more active we are the better motivated and more flexible we are. He gets a good workout being out on stage......it was funny seeing he and Edge running around the stage chasing one another in Portland 12/19!

He was seen with Adam at a gym a while back I think, and in Bono on Bono theres something about him loving to swim early in the morning, even if its been below freezing overnight. Brrrrrr, hope his pool's heated. :yikes:

Rumor was he was in the gym at the Ritz in Cleveland before he came out for his meet and greet. Heck a little belly sometimes helps with the diaphragm when pushing those notes out. I know....I have a belly :wink:

He's just got a bit of a stomach...not much. But I though it did look like he had gained a bit beween Spring and Fall of '05. Bear in mind, he's not tall, so even being up about five pounds is noticeable right away on someone with his frame...

More of him to love, as far as I am concerned...:drool: :drool: :drool:

He and the rest of the band were spotted working out at Sports Club/LA (San Francisco) on 11/8. I just read it in the paper a couple of days ago (piece was about different celebs seen working out there).

He looked a bit bulkier on the Fall leg (vs. Spring) but I think that's probably due to his after-show exercise routine (ie fill glass, raise to mouth, repeat). Those alcohol carbs will get you every time!

Like Springsteen said, Bono is built like a rugby player. I know that square build very well (giant calves, huge hands, etc) very well. He must somehow be a relative.

One of the guys has a personal trainer because the guy did an interview a while back but wouldn't say who he worked with (http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134591). I think it might be Larry or Adam. Edge seems like the yoga type.

on his spare time, Bono dresses as a woman and plays a Nanny.... preferently in San Francisco

doing that, he works out by doing hard work and also practices guitar

Mrs.%20Doubtfire.jpg

pepokiss said:
on his spare time, Bono dresses as a woman and plays a Nanny.... preferently in San Francisco

doing that, he works out by doing hard work and also practices guitar

Mrs.%20Doubtfire.jpg
omfg, Bono?! :sad: :lol:

Touring, running around the stage, shagging, dancing saving the world- that is a good enough work out..IMO Bono looks good with his little belly :drool:

Catlady said:
Bear in mind, he's not tall, so even being up about five pounds is noticeable right away on someone with his frame...

I have the same problem :sad: I'm 5'1" so yeah :wink:

Bono definitely has a bit of a belly but he's not fat :shrug: he's never been ripped, either. Larry's always had the most fit body really but I :heart: Bono and his sexy moobs :drool:

Back
Top Bottom