Bono Singing To Track?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mattgerth said:

He wasn't singing live that night! I wasn't the only one who saw it that night. My brother and I looked right at each other when it happened and said what the F!@# at the same time. Felt like a kid who had his candy taken away from him, and got that sick feeling in my stomach. I hope there is a legitamate explanation for this.:sad:
or maybe your making it up? there are other people on this board that have said they seen him sing? so someones making it up? or maybe you couldnt tell he was singing, edge always stands pretty close to his mike stand anyway?

Bono is NOT singing to a backing track of his own voice on any song. They do use some instrumental backing tracks though. Primarily keyboard, drum and bass for a few songs but they have always done this, so no earth shattering news there.

The conspiracy theories are amusing though. :laugh:

allthough, if you take a quick look at beautiful day on the boston dvd, there is DEFINETLY some bono in the backing track... no words or anything... just aaahhs and stuff...

mattgerth said:
He wasn't singing live that night! I wasn't the only one who saw it that night. My brother and I looked right at each other when it happened and said what the F!@# at the same time. Felt like a kid who had his candy taken away from him, and got that sick feeling in my stomach. I hope there is a legitamate explanation for this.:sad:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:banghead: :banghead:

:crazy:

Thats the thing....he wasn't near the mike. I was right there in front of him. I didn't spend hundred's and hundred's of dollars to see my favorite band that I grew up with a half dozen times only to make shit up. We saw what we saw and I am baffled by the whole thing.

mattgerth said:
Thats the thing....he wasn't near the mike. I was right there in front of him. I didn't spend hundred's and hundred's of dollars to see my favorite band that I grew up with a half dozen times only to make shit up. We saw what we saw and I am baffled by the whole thing.
well why are so many other people saying they seen him sing it?

Were they at the first East Rutherford show?? I was at the second show as well and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary at that show. But definately at the first show.

mattgerth said:
Were they at the first East Rutherford show?? I was at the second show as well and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary at that show. But definately at the first show.
there was many at both, look at the reviews section,

i cant comment, but sorry if i caused any offence by saying you may have made it up,

i dont know just making a debate for the defence

Actually, I heard (from a reliable source) that Miracle Drug is an extremely hard track to sing for Edge and Bono so its was actually prerecorded in early April (I believe in Cabo) and every night there just lip synching to that prerecorded track.:|

ramblin rose said:
Actually, I heard (from a reliable source) that Miracle Drug is an extremely hard track to sing for Edge and Bono so its was actually prerecorded in early April (I believe in Cabo) and every night there just lip synching to that prerecorded track.:|
lol rose you iccle devil ;)

mattgerth said:

This whole thread is giving me a sick feeling to my stomach. :mad:

mattgerth said:

There are parts of Miracle Drug that Edge sings himself and Bono just mouths the words for shits and giggles. This is ridiculous.

These threads crack me up.

It just proves my theory that you give some people too much time and access to the internet and you'll breed conspiracy theories.

Thing I'll go drink some beer instead...it's quiting time! Another rough Friday at work surfing the internet!:madspit:

How about in the Slane DVD during the Steets intro..

was that all Bono wailing like that, or was the echoey voice dubbed into that part of the song?

db9

It sucks when your mouse is just hovering over the "close" button but you dont quite have a reason for closing a thread other than

this thread sucks!!!11

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom