Bono live from Vertigo Air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is he in a helicopter? :lol:

[Edit]

I missed the beginnning :sigh: God I'm so confused! :confused:

Was Bono himself flying the plane? :ohmy:

Last edited:
That was very funny! He was talking to the traffic centre at Schiphol Amsterdam airport from the plane. He was in very good mood it seemed.

And he even sang a short version (very short) from Frank Sinatra's Come fly with me from the cockpit.

I wonder if there is a place somewhere online to listen back to this.
'Cause I'd love to hear it.

I'm really excited for all my fellow Dutchies that U2 is performing in The Netherlands/Holland the next few days.

BrownEyedBoy, they said they will be repeating the arrival and convo with Bono later on.

So stay tuned.

Pride's on right now.

They repeated it a while ago. I tried to write a summary from it.

enajh2 said:
Was Bono himself flying the plane? :ohmy:

Sounded like it.
They were talking about the Edge and Larry in one plane & Bono in another one.
But what about Adam??

They also said a Dutch radio DJ from Yorin FM and Dutch U2 fans were laying on a North Sea beach forming the letters: Yorin FM welcomes U2 (or something like that).

Bono talked about it at the end of the interview (a Baywatch scene they had to fly over and that he would be flying with one hand. Oh,oh, asking for trouble?!)

Also the air controller was from Ireland and they talked about that for a bit (Bono asked what she was doing in a Dutch control tower).

First she asked what the Dutch fans could do to make this concert unforgettable for U2. And Bono said they certainly shouldn't fall asleep, because that would upset the drummer. :)lol:). He was very excited about it, because it was at least 15 years ago that they played in Amsterdam. He really thought the concert would take off and he hoped that the roof would stay on.

Then she asked if Bono was content with the G8 results. And he said something like that $50 billion was a lot of money for aid, but that it's like if you get something, you want more of it. He also talked about the musquito (sp?) bite stuff again: that he finds it unbelievable that in this day and age we let people die, because of a simple musquito bite (me thinks he really likes that word. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on their next album. Or perhaps that's what the Fly is about ;-) )

And yes, he sung for a bit: that they were flying in from the south of France.

Towards the end of the interview he said he had been interviewed in weird situation before (naked, in a bathtub, etc), but never while he was flying.

U2 to take the stage around 8.30/8.45 PM local time, which is 10 minutes from now.

Also people can vote for their favorite u2 live track. They'll play a top 10 of U2 live tracks between 12 and 1 local time.

adam was already in amsterdam i belive,

we dont need to second guess what he was doing :wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:
adam was already in amsterdam i belive,

we dont need to second guess what he was doing :wink:

Hahaha!!!

My guess would have been that he was visiting the Rijksmuseum to look at Rembrandts NightWatch and went the Anne Frank huis.
Are you suggesting there are other things to do in Amsterdam besides that?

Just heard a bit of the flying Bono interview again.
Bono was also singing a bit of Radar Love.
I think he said something like he wanted the Dutch audience to sing that song (as response to the what the Dutch fans could do to make this concert unforgettable for U2 question)
I somehow missed that the first time around.

starsgoblue said:
I am certain that Bono was sitting adjacent to a competent pilot---they just let him up front to do the interview and get a wings pin.

:wink:

I wouldn't be so sure. It wouldn't surprise if he actually has learned to fly, since he's spent half his life on airplanes. He's clearly someone who's hungry for life's experiences, driven by curiosity and the need to do things. He actually didn't sound like he was joking on this one. (Although of course there would be another pilot, as is required.)

Could someone explain me whats going on? Was Bono talking about Vertigo Air or what?

Back
Top Bottom