Bono Limping during 10/19 DC Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zygotestar

Babyface
We noticed Bono was limping last night, especially during City of Blinding Light. Did anyone else catch this?

Is there an explanation that anyone can offer? Just curious. Thank you!

I didn't notice a thing, (and I had an absolutely fantastic view of everything). If anything he could have been doing his Bono walk, that was about it.:huh:

ramblin rose said:
I didn't notice a thing, (and I had an absolutely fantastic view of everything). If anything he could have been doing his Bono walk, that was about it.:huh:

Just a quick post to personally thank you for your work on the streaming. :up:

Awesome Effort! :)

Also I take all these with a grain of salt.

He was definitely having issues during COBL in Toronto 3... used the railing for the ramp coming down off the ellipse onto the stage... once he warmed up though, he seemed to loosen up a bit.

I read on @U2 that it's a byproduct of that disease that is going to cause him to lose his voice within the next three years. Supposedly he gave the illness to Larry as well and it's causing Larry to have to play less- hence the acoustic/slow encores.

It's gotten so bad that Edge has to help Bono out by singing in Miracle Drug.

Also Adam is actually Elvis.

It may have been caused from when he kicked President Bush in the ass about the poverty issues during their lunch together. :wink:

i didn't notice it, but then again, what can you notice from section 415?

i'll look more closely tonight.

DorianGray said:
I read on @U2 that it's a byproduct of that disease that is going to cause him to lose his voice within the next three years. Supposedly he gave the illness to Larry as well and it's causing Larry to have to play less- hence the acoustic/slow encores.

It's gotten so bad that Edge has to help Bono out by singing in Miracle Drug.

Also Adam is actually Elvis.

:lmao:

Had a rail spot---right at the little Bono step-off platform on Edge's side--and didn't notice any kind of limp. And he definitely walked past us & stopped in front of us quite a few times.

U2@NYC said:
Same here. Had seats right next to Edge's side... no limping at all...

He's growing a belly though... :D

Hehe...we talked about the same thing last night! We had side-view seats on Edge's side (228---where were you?) last night and one of our friends thought Edge looked a little chubby, though I think it was just the angle. He definitely looked pretty trim up close on the rail the night before. Bono, on the other hand....it entirely depends on what he wears. He was pretty slim-looking in his black button-up shirt, but less so in the pic with Bush from the other day. :shrug:

bono is clearly enjoying the food on the road. should start doing more laps during streets.

no limp, but he seems to be channeling Macphisto for the first few moments in the beggining of COBL. same goofy grin and robot like movements.

:madspit: you men and talking about bono's belly :lol:
I think you enjoy him gettin pudgy a little too much! lol
u2@nyc I didnt know you were there!
I was on the rail on the right side really close to where the girl got picked. Whole other story :madspit:

u2bonogirl, were you also at the show on the 19th, as well? i remembered you saying to look out for you in the GA line & to say hi, but I ended up saying hi to someone else who I thought looked like you. :giggle:

I was in line on the 19th and had seats last night :yes:
Did you really talk to somebody who looks like me? :lol: thats funny
There was a girl there that was looking for me too and thought I was quite a few girls with dark shorter hair. I was number 65 in line if that means anything as to where I was.
I was in the spot where people kept trying to cut in and all the screaming was happening :rolleyes:

u2bonogirl said:
:madspit: you men and talking about bono's belly :lol:
I think you enjoy him gettin pudgy a little too much! lol
u2@nyc I didnt know you were there!
I was on the rail on the right side really close to where the girl got picked. Whole other story :madspit:

Me neither, I had no clue! :(

We were in Section 120, row J.

Still deaf from last night :(

:rockon:

u2bonogirl said:
I was in line on the 19th and had seats last night :yes:
Did you really talk to somebody who looks like me? :lol: thats funny
There was a girl there that was looking for me too and thought I was quite a few girls with dark shorter hair. I was number 65 in line if that means anything as to where I was.
I was in the spot where people kept trying to cut in and all the screaming was happening :rolleyes:

I was only a little bit in front of you! My wife & I were numbers 39 & 40. Yeah, there were definitely some shady line practices, most notably trying to get the fan club line in 10 minutes earlier than the non-fan club line... :rolleyes: But that didn't affect the experience too much--we had a great time. :yes: I had hoped being #40 would be good luck for the ellipse, but not so......Still, we got on the rail at Bono's (unused) step-off platform on Edge's side. Made for an awesome show! :wink:

I was deaf with constant ringing in my ears after the first show :huh: We had those speakers right above us and I could actually feel my eardrums having issues.

The people in front of us and behind us got in to the ellipse :lol:
It didnt really bother me at all though because we were on the rail anyway

U2@NYC are you going to any of the november MSG shows?

u2bonogirl said:
I was deaf with constant ringing in my ears after the first show :huh: We had those speakers right above us and I could actually feel my eardrums having issues.

Yeah, I was definitely hearing 'bubbles' for half of COBL and Vertigo the first night. I don't know if it's just because of where we were the second night or if my ears were more prepared, but it felt like the sound was a little better on night 2.

Utoo said:

Yeah, I was definitely hearing 'bubbles' for half of COBL and Vertigo the first night. I don't know if it's just because of where we were the second night or if my ears were more prepared, but it felt like the sound was a little better on night 2.

I think, but I could be wrong, but it seems that it takes 2 or 3 songs into the show before they get the mix right. I noticed the same problem in Denver. Then again, maybe it was just my ears that had to adjust :shrug:

u2bonogirl said:

The people in front of us and behind us got in to the ellipse :lol:
It didnt really bother me at all though because we were on the rail anyway

U2@NYC are you going to any of the november MSG shows?

No :(

This was my last show for this tour...

I am going off to Turkey, Italy, Switzerland and London tomorrow on a business trip tomorrow so that kind of makes up for it :hyper:

U2 rocks :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom