Bono In Sydney with family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fingal77 said:
Hey Bonoman - did you sell that ticket for Brisbane???

Me?, No not yet. I'll wait and see for when the dates are rescheduled too, maybe i'll be able to make it.

But I'll let you know, if you need it?

Email I just recieved from the ABC

Thankyou for your interest in being part of the ENOUGH ROPE with Andrew Denton studio audience.

Unfortunately Andrew’s interview (with Bono from U2) today was only confirmed very recently and so there will be no live studio audience for this recording. You can watch the interview with Bono on ABC tonight (Monday 13) from 9:30pm.

hoppípolla said:
its 4.07pm sunday on the east coast right now.

adam, it said in the paper it was being filmed over the weekend.
someone on the aussie mailing list stated that they saw an ad for it with Denton and Bono together.

Denton was on Triple J this morning and spoke about the interview, and said it was going to be recorded this afternoon , and chatted to Jay & The Dr about possible questions to ask.

I was actually gonna go to the airport at 6am (here in Perth), phone the studio to try and get tickets, and if so get on a plane. But at 9am here it's now too late to get there with a 3 hr time difference and 4 hr flight.

Stupid SMH :mad:

On the radio he said that he doesn’t want to talk to him (Bono)about the band or Africa...just him as a person. He did also mention that he would tell us when the band is likely to reschedule the tour too.

I dont think they'll come out tmrw with a bunch of new dates - i'm starting to think it will be something general like... "later half of the year".

The city has turned on its best for U2 frontman Bono, his wife Alison Stewart and children Jordan, 17, Memphis Eve, 15, Elijah, 7, and John Abraham, 5, since the Irish royal family touched down in Sydney at the weekend.

They have been taking in Sydney Harbour by luxury speedboat, dining in the city's best eateries and for the youngest two, a day at the zoo.
So clearly not a member of Bono's family who has taken ill and therefore the announcement to postpone the last 10 dates...

:wink:

(And before anyone replies w/ sarcasm, I do have my suspicions of who it is who is ill but over on Zootopia mum's the word and lips have to be zipped about uttering any speculation!)

bazza said:
On the radio he said that he doesn’t want to talk to him (Bono)about the band or Africa...just him as a person.

That's the point of all of his interviews and why they are generally excellent. If the subject 'gets' the angle and jumps right in, they are brilliant. My only reservation about how good this could be is Bono's waffling. Denton doesn't want to talk about the band and Africa, but every question on any subject has the potential to shoot Bono off on 10 minutes on one or the other. For those who don't know Denton, the style, I guess, is closest to the 'Conversations' book, and you could see in that how quickly Bono can make a really interesting question turn into an incredibly boring answer you've heard two dozen times before (but not always, there is some great stuff in there as well). Denton is a brilliant researcher, and I'd bet he's read Conversations so is prepared for it.

Transcript of Denton with Michael Stipe:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1338339.htm

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I REALLY hope someone makes this available to download, stream, or YSI.

I'd love this too but I'd be very thankful for even a transcript of the interview at this point:drool:

timothius said:

Cheeney is actually a big U2 fan. Favourite song is Bullet The Old Guy, and favourite album unsuprisingly War (closely followed by Pop). :yes:

:lmao:

I may be up at 2:35am PST - anyone down under posting about the interview live? Will there be commercial breaks where you can update those of us awake at this crazy hour? :sexywink:

that Stipe interview was cool, I'm looking forward to a transcript of this now. I read part of the Conversations book at the store, and Bono actually does have the potential to say interesting, non-soundbyte things when he tries. :hmm:

Lila64 said:

I may be up at 2:35am PST - anyone down under posting about the interview live? Will there be commercial breaks where you can update those of us awake at this crazy hour? :sexywink:

I will have the laptop handy incase anything earth shattering happens i.e. new dates or months, cancellation etc.

No commercials on the Government Funeded National Broadcaster... it will be a pure 1 hour interview. :drool:

Lila64 said:

There will be no commercials, At my old house, I'd probably be able to do a stream, but not here :(

If you sift through the site, there are others with Michael Franti, Bob Geldof, Neil Finn etc, all excellent.

They do have video on the site as well, the older ones seem to be gone, but I'm sure in the immediate weeks afterwards you will be able to check out at least highlights.

There are no ad breaks in the show (it's not a commercial station - the closest I think in the US is PBS?) but I'll give you kids an immediate update if/when he gives word on the tour, or just says anything truly unusual (no doubt).

Back
Top Bottom