Bono In Sydney with family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least denton will be able to work around his short answers and get something out of him. Thats the best thing about that show is that he always get an answer. And he might let something slip about if the shows will or won't go ahead

kennerado said:
If I was not on holiday I would cap it. Daniel you have a cap card why dont you do it?

Since I've moved house I have shizenhouzen reception, and no arial near my TV card.

Aussietorrents is awsome quality though, i'm sure it'll get done off there.

DignityPassesBy said:
At least denton will be able to work around his short answers and get something out of him. Thats the best thing about that show is that he always get an answer. And he might let something slip about if the shows will or won't go ahead

Short answers??? If somebody doesn't give short answers, it's Bono. He's not always giving a sensible answer, but he has no problem talking (too much). :lol:

You can't afford to buy a decent property in Sydney close enough to the CBD but the weather is great all year round.

But Melbourne gets my vote coz it has the best golf courses in the world!:up:

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,18407648%255E10431,00.html

Beautiful day for Bono

From Sydney Confidential

IF Sydney can deliver one thing to the world's biggest rock star, it's a beautiful day.

The city has turned on its best for U2 frontman Bono, his wife Alison Stewart and children Jordan, 17, Memphis Eve, 15, Elijah, 7, and John Abraham, 5, since the Irish royal family touched down in Sydney at the weekend.

They have been taking in Sydney Harbour by luxury speedboat, dining in the city's best eateries and for the youngest two, a day at the zoo.

The family are staying at the Point Piper mansion Altona, owned by local publishing giants Deke and Eve Miskin, and rented out just two months ago to Naomi Watts and boyfriend Liev Schreiber.

It has been an action-packed break from Dublin's icy winter since the family flew in by private jet on Sunday - non-stop swimming in Altona's pool and a waterfront tour of prime eastern suburbs real estate including historic Strickland House at Vaucluse.

All four headed out on Tuesday night for pizza at Pizza Mario in Darlinghurst and on Wednesday Bono, Stewart and the young boys headed by water to Taronga Zoo wharf where they were met by a car and taken on a high-security tour of the zoo.

Onlookers said Bono looked relaxed and happily signed autographs for fans.

"He was really good about it all," one Taronga visitor told Confidential.

"I stuck my hand out and he shook my hand and said hello. He was really nice about it."

Get your celebrity gossip first from Sydney Confidential in The Daily Telegraph. Got a story? SMS on '0428 SYDCON', call (02) 9288 3447 or email at sydcon@dailytelegraph.com.au

Nice to see the name of his kids are your basic, normal names. I've heard some odd-ball names lately from celebrities.

it will be recorded on monday night a few hours before airing - that's the usual thing for Denton (been to a taping before) but you never know :)

fingal77 said:
it will be recorded on monday night a few hours before airing - that's the usual thing for Denton (been to a taping before) but you never know :)

I was all excited and looking at airfares then...

..but looks like I'll be well enough to go to work on Monday afterall :wink:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/bonos-sydney-sojourn/2006/03/11/1141701733132.html

Last edited:
In that article, it says that Denton will tape the show without an audience over the weekend. Those of you with tickets for Monday are going to be disappointed!

imogen said:
In that article, it says that Denton will tape the show without an audience over the weekend. Those of you with tickets for Monday are going to be disappointed!

I noted that. It said it was being recorded over the weekend in a closed studio.

Yes Ive just had confirmation from elsewhere and that article states it also.
We aint getting anywhere near Bono.

It also says on the Denton site...

An ENOUGH ROPE special -
Andrew Denton interviews U2's Bono
- Monday March 13 at 9.35pm.

The series will be returning shortly.

Firstly, its a " special" and secondly, the series hasnt even returned yet, so its not a normal show.

If someone in Australia could give the full scoop as soon as it airs it would be much appreciated by all of us elsewhere in the world. Would be nice to wake up on Monday to some good news...

Back
Top Bottom