Bono gave some new info on the tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
An Irish fan from the site U2tour.de met Bono in Dublin previous Friday, and Bono said they're definitely starting next March, most likely Miami, and that they are thinking about playing 2 varying setlists to mix it up. The band spent more time in France making the album because the climate apparently suits Bono's voice better.

...still ten months to go...:(
anyway, i love the idea of mixing setlists as well as mixing venues sizes. Wouldn't be great to see them mixing in the same tour (same leg and even same city) shows in clubs, arenas and stadiums?

that's good news if it's true. that's my one knock against them. their setlists are pretty standard and you know going into the show what you will hear

I think it was February 5th Bono mentioned and hoping to start in Miami with the tour.. however it was Paul McG who had said March

well seeing as acts like pearl jam and springsteen have about 50 different set lists each, i think u2 could make an attempt at two :wink:

:shrug: this says to me that they're leaning towards doing what they said they couldn't do before... mixing up the show, yet still having a "multimedia spectacular." which to me says stadiums... or am i looking too into this?

Errm i don't no what 'mixing the show' means, does it mean remixes?

I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG, ITS PROBABLY A YR UNTILL THEY COME TO ENGLAND!!! :( :( :( :huh:

martha said:
Varying setlists??!! :ohmy:

:eyebrow: Is this a sign of the endtimes?

Well, they did have slightly variable setlists during Elevation (with a 1st and 2nd night setlist).
You can judge for yourself if the past 3 years are the beginning of the end of times. :tongue:

Kate1 said:
Errm i don't no what 'mixing the show' means, does it mean remixes?

No, it just means the show will be more exciting as they will obviously play more songs. What Popmartijn said - what they did on Elevation was mixing it up a little.

I think some songs will definitely have to go/be played less, because U2 can't keep all of their best known songs (18 not counting ATYCLB material) with the new album songs (probably seven songs) and the various songs (like Ground beneath her feet) anymore if they will stick to the 21-22 average of songs.

Headache: muldimedia spectacular? Did they say that? :hmm:

I forgot to add: Bono also said they'll definitely be on tour from February 2005.

martha said:

:mad: I was trying to edit the spelling, but the lunch bell rang. :wink:

Well at least you have your priorities right. Spelling shmelling, I say! (You're a teacher, aren't you? So am I.):D

martha said:

Only 26 days left till summer vacation!!!

But who's counting? (Guess that explains the feet: occupational hazard. Ouch!)

My classes are already over,:madspit: but I'll try not to rub it in.:angel:

This is great news. Hopefully the tour starts on or around March 17th, so I can celebrate my birthday in Florida instead of the cold Ohio weather.

The varying set lists thing is awesome.....although I fear that if I go to, say, 4 concerts, that I will have set list A at every show, and never get to see set list B. Setlists are irrelevent to me, any U2 set is perfect. But it would be nice to get a bigger variety. They have so many songs to play from the back catalog, as well as the new album, they have to do an "A & B" setlist rotation.

I noticed on atu2.com that U2 are auctioning 2 tickets to their next concert at Madison Square Garden. This may be a clue as to the type of venues they will be playing or it could just mean they will be mixing it up between arenas and stadiums

U2girl said:
Headache: muldimedia spectacular? Did they say that? :hmm:

well they have dropped some hints around... like in the interview interference did with willie... going for the jugular and all...

but what i was refering to was how they always answered the set list question... that it was hard to have a changing set list with such a huge, synchronized multimedia blowout extravaganza, which when you think about it is true.

A varying setlist to U2 probably just means two or three different songs.

It's as if they've followed the exact same formula for setlists since day one.

Back
Top Bottom