Bono did come out with Pearl Jam tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
angelordevil said:

This is what I hear....but my ears are still buzzing from last week's show in Toronto, so I could be off. Regardless, it's a damn good improvised rap, and one that's completely in time with Eddie. Impressive!:)

"The song that needs the opal sound, I'm here to see Pearl Jam

They're giving me a believer again....I'll never say never again

They're making me a believer again...in rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, & roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, rollll!"

*Note the definition I found for opal - A gemstone made of this mineral, noted for its rich iridescence....A rather nice complement for PJ...:up:

i do believe he's saying something about uncle sam, not opal sound... especially considering, ya know, it rhymes with pearl jam, and would fit the song... i could be wrong though.

The OOTS said:
From the bootleg files:

DSC_0215.jpg

kick ass :up:

btw... i've removed the links... i don't want the RIAA kicking my ass. hope everyone enjoyed the links, and feel free to YSI them so that everyone else can share in the u2/pear jam goodness.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i do believe he's saying something about uncle sam, not opal sound... especially considering, ya know, it rhymes with pearl jam, and would fit the song... i could be wrong though.

I was stuck on that non-rhyme part too, but I couldn't hear anything else...uncle sam would make sense....I'll have to listen again!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
considering how bono was baisily just riffing, i really doubt he came up with "opal sound" on a spur of the moment thing... and usually when you're just going off like that you try to make things rhyme to make it easier :shrug: i dunno.

Bono's mind works in strange ways...I could see him of all people making the opal/pearl connection.....but then again, I'm a guy who once thought the Rolling Stones' Beast of Burden featured the line of "I'll never leave your pizza burnin":rolleyes:

We better go with uncle sam:wink:

angelordevil said:
We better go with uncle sam:wink:

Yup, makes sense since the song is basically slamming the inequities of republican politics in the US at the time it was written...but let's not go there lol.

thanks, man. that was awesome, great sound quality too.

I think u2 watching PJ inspired them to change up their setlist

And to think I wasn't going to go to the show thinking that I wouldn't find any cheap tickets. My friend and I got level 100 seating for $100 each an hour before the show!!! The English kid selling them had no clue that other scalpers were selling those same tickets for $200-$300 a piece. We weren't going to tell him either :wink:

Back
Top Bottom