Bono did come out with Pearl Jam tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

thank you thank you, but alas, due to the age restrictions i will not be able to run for president until 2016. but come then, it's on

How about president of the RIAA? They need a new one! Great work:up:

Oh God, I was at last night's show and it was AMAZING!! Not only did PJ put on a fabulous show but anticipating Bono was half the fun. When he came out I started jumping up and down and it was just so AMAZING!

Have I mentioned it was amazing? This is one show I'll definitely be paying for!

Headache thank you so much!!!!! I am listening to RITFW and I'm about to start crying! The quality of this is fucking awesome!

Just damn! This couldn't be any fucking cooler! {{{Eddie & Bono}}}

does anyone have PJ's setlist?

fivehorizons.com used to be great for that but they don't update anymore.

JOFO said:
does anyone have PJ's setlist?

fivehorizons.com used to be great for that but they don't update anymore.

From http://forums.pearljam.com

Set list: Release, Go, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, Small Town, Even Flow, Habit, Daughter, Better Man, 1/2 Full, Black, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Present Tense, Wishlist, Harvest Moon, Indifference, Alive

2nd encore: Blood, Jeremy, Leaving Here, Rockin' in the Free World w/Bono and Sleater Kinney, Yellow Ledbetter

Ed pre-set: Porch
Set: Release, Go, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, (A Sort Of Homecoming)/Elderly Woman..., Even Flow, Habit, Daughter/(Androgynous Mind)/(WMA)/(Blitzkrieg Bop)/(Yahweh)/(Bad), Betterman, 1/2 Full, Black, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror
Encore 1: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Present Tense, Wishlist, Harvest Moon, Indifference, Alive
Encore 2: Blood, Jeremy, Leaving Here, Rockin' In The Free World (w/Bono), Yellow Ledbetter

PJ and Robert Plant...wouldn't it be ironic if I paid to see them in Chi when they both just played here in London last week on two separate nights...I suck...rather, my schedule sucks!!

TheBrazilianFly said:
Wow, that bit of A Sort Of A Homecoming before Small Town done by Eddie is fucking great! I loved it! Thanks again Headache! :up:

Yeah, it makes me want to hear the guys perform A Sort of Homecoming again. It's such a great song! When was the last time they performed it?

These performances with PJ are badass! I really do wish U2 would do something along these lines in regards to live bootlegs. Maybe they will in the future. Here's hoping!

A dream come true... two of my favorite bands together...
Fantastic. Rockin' in the Free World, A Sort of Homecoming, Daughter with Yahweh and Bad... all are reaching mythic status for me.

I was at the PJ concert last night. I was also at U2's Wed. Toronto show. Both were awesome. When they were playing Rockin In THe Free World, I saw this guy bounce around on stage in a cowboy hat, at first I thought it was Neil Young, a second later I thought no it couldn't be this guy has too much energy, then I realize it was Bono! Unbelievable.

From the bootleg files:

DSC_0215.jpg

without re-reading the whole thread...

does PJ play with the lights on during the whole show this tour?

elevation622 said:
fucking awesome, what more can you say! What is Bono rapping?

This is what I hear....but my ears are still buzzing from last week's show in Toronto, so I could be off. Regardless, it's a damn good improvised rap, and one that's completely in time with Eddie. Impressive!:)

"The song that needs the opal sound, I'm here to see Pearl Jam

They're giving me a believer again....I'll never say never again

They're making me a believer again...in rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, rock, & roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, rollll!"

*Note the definition I found for opal - A gemstone made of this mineral, noted for its rich iridescence....A rather nice complement for PJ...:up:

u2wedge said:
without re-reading the whole thread...

does PJ play with the lights on during the whole show this tour?

There's a few pics last night with the lights off...so I think it's a mix. They usually have a decent light show, but it's standard fare compared to U2's theatrical shows.

Hope I'm not over-posting:ohmy: , but Pearl Jam and U2 occupy exclusive territory for me...with Radiohead knocking at the door lately.

I dug this quote out from some PJ archives on the net...it's from a few years back:

BONO: I'm a fan of the Pearl Jam organization, of what you might call the culture around the group. It's like the Grateful Dead. We've been thinking a lot about that West Coast way of doing business. I must say, I'm not sure how long U2's going to have the energy to take on the mainstream. And the Pearl Jam/Grateful Dead model is something to be really proud of. They exist entirely unto themselves. They don't depend on the media, don't depend on the radio.

angelordevil said:
BONO: I'm a fan of the Pearl Jam organization, of what you might call the culture around the group. It's like the Grateful Dead. We've been thinking a lot about that West Coast way of doing business. I must say, I'm not sure how long U2's going to have the energy to take on the mainstream. And the Pearl Jam/Grateful Dead model is something to be really proud of. They exist entirely unto themselves. They don't depend on the media, don't depend on the radio.
Wow, that's very interesting. It makes me wonder about the good and the bad things about that. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom