Bono did come out with Pearl Jam tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, that was pretty special sounding, Bono is on fine form there and holds his vocals well against EV.

Seemed a really special night as well, I would loved to have heard Daughter with the u2 add on's.

Anybody has the song what Eddie sang with U2 in Toronto? I think it was ONE...

PLEASE!!!!

ivi said:
Anybody has the song what Eddie sang with U2 in Toronto? I think it was ONE...

PLEASE!!!!

Daniel Lanois played One with U2 and then Eddie Vedder came on at the end and joined them on Ol' Man River.

Same here. Pearl Jam and Bono.... who woulda thought it would work...

but that was FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Anybody who wants a taste of how hard Pearl Jam rock.... you must hear this...............

Geez, ohh to be canadian aye!! U2 And Pearl Jam on tour in the same week.........

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

i'm trying to find the homecoming bit... any idea at what point in the concert he played it?

He played it right before Elderly woman, if I'm not mistaken. What a freakin amazing show!! What a week!!

Peace.

Yup, right before Elderly Woman...chills running up and down my spine baby CHILLS.

OMG that show was vintage Pearl Jam and right up there with the Toronto U2 shows!!!

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE week!!!!

...I'm not coming down

pop_mofo said:

He played it right before Elderly woman, if I'm not mistaken. What a freakin amazing show!! What a week!!

Peace.

checking it out now... i'm only going to host free world for another hour or so... so somebody who's downloaded it, please upload it to you send it so that we can share with everyone.

will work on getting the clips of yahweh/bad and homecoming up in a few

Will this set a precedent for official live u2 downloads?

I like how you can hear the crowd go nuts before the second chorus as some stranger walks onstage......

From the Flikr pics you can see they had all the houselights on for the encore - which is normal for PJ shows on the last song or two.

Judging by the photos, Bono was sitting sidestage wearing a white cowboy hat all night.

u2fp

Bono, Edge and Larry were sitting sidestage.. and having a blast from what the pics show on flikr.

love how Bono says: "ROCK, ROCK, ROCK"...:wink:

Yeah the crowd was going bonkers! This audio is great quality Headache!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the program that pearl jam has for their downloads is simply amazing... fully mastered digital recordings of the show available within hours of the performance ending.

:bow: pearl jam :bow:

GAWD! I wish U2 would do this TOO!!! They obviously are way capable of doing this. It would be just mind blowing to have fully mastered digital recordings of U2 shows hours after!

c'mon U2, 'JUST DO IT':wink:

nice, very nice.

any idea of what bono is singing in the middle of the song?

ok here we go... i'll be taking all of these mp3s down at lunch time... i.e. 12 noon est... so everyone has three more hours to download the files and upload them to you send it so that everyone else can share. i'd keep them up longer but i don't wanna kill my server. then again, i'll probably forget and leave 'em there all day :shrug: whatever... here ya go, for those of us just joining...

all the files will be added to u2security.com so that you can go there and right click to save rather than trying to copy and paste it all here, due to interference not allow m p 3 file extentions to be posted. so go to http://www.u2security.com and get all the files...

1. keep on rocking in the free world f/ bono
2. a sort of homecoming / elderly woman behind the counter in a small town
3. daughter / white male america / yahweh / bad
4. eddie thanks u2

Has Eddie snippeted much U2 before...?

How big a U2 fan is he? He seems like a hardcore one:D

LJT said:
Has Eddie snippeted much U2 before...?

How big a U2 fan is he? He seems like a hardcore one:D

from what i've read eddie grew up as a huge u2 fan, got a little disenchanted with them durring pj's hayday, with eddie's fear of everything that's gotten too big and all, and now that eddie's more comfortable with himself as a rockstar, has come back full circle and has been spoted at numerous shows durring both the elevation and vertigo tours... eddie popped on stage in seattle durring kings of leon's set, as well.

as for wether or not pj has snippeted u2 before, the answer is yes... they've added MLK on to the end of daughter before... once in rome, when they opened for u2 durring the zootv tour, and i believe he did it in arizona once.

there's a really great picture of bono and eddie from the ZooTV days... lemme try and find it.

Thanks for the info Headache:up:

So i guess he is an 90s+now U2 fan rather than 90s U2?

i think i remember reading somewhere he used to dress a bit like 80s Bono?

Fantastic, thank you very much, Pearl Jam indeed opened some shows of ZOO TV in Europe, and they hanged out together a lot, BP Fallon book has some great pictures of that period.

Back
Top Bottom