Bono...cowboy hat or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man2002 said:
Next Week On Interference:

Should Edge wear Boxers?

:)

I Say keep the hat

I can see this great philosophical question being up there with 'What is the meaning of life?'
:lmao::lol:

Last edited:
you know, i really can't decide how i feel about that damn hat.
at first i hated it, but the more i see him wearing it, the more it grows on me. it's kind of cute. :p

For all of us who joined U2 in the 90's - we want to see Bono wearing that bloody hat!

i'm out on the cowboy hat. at least the one he wore at the grammys was normal looking. that straw hat from the summer that was barely even placed on his head looked completely ridiculous!

james

Ah, but you forget: In Europe, wearing a cowboy hat right now means you love America, a political statement in itself. In the U.S, wearing a cowboiy hat means you still love America. But would we notice that unlike the JT hat, this one is made of straw?

Every little thing is symbolic to them. If, as the Vogue artilce says, Bono finds fashion the last vertiege of '60's style protest, this is a political statement, whatever way you cut it.

I don't really care for the cowboy hat myself, but maybe for me it's more I feel he needs to shorten his hair some and the hat would look better. Yes, I'm a popmart Bono girl. Definitely not when he shaved his head completely but with the short hair , a little scruff and no hat. Ahhh, that was nice.

I think the cowboy hat is just OK. His already losing hair hats are good ways to hide the. anyway, Bono looks good in whatever he wears! But I like his hair cut short like in the popmart, just like most people say

cowboy hat

Hi Dont mind the cowboy hat for press pictures. Bono is the man no matter what hat he wears. However I cant imagine him wearing the hat when performing more energetic songs...Gone, until the end of the world, out of control, and others. I love the shaved head, hoodie look of the popmart tour.

If Bono only wore the hat for "some" of the concert..then I guess it would NOT be "too bad"!!! ( Maybe, the first 30 minutes only!!! )
Afterwhile.....maybe he will "throw it" to someone in the audience to have as a "keepsake" from the Vertigo tour......
( Possible???? You never know!!! )

But I really do wish....Bono would "lose the hat!!!
( He looks "much better" and "more sexier" with his dark hair and he shouldn't try to cover that up...IMO... )

But Edge????....He actually needs a hat....to cover his baldness!
Sorry...but back in the days of the Unforgettable Fire era....he had hair... and Edge looked "GREAT" without a hat. Now, I think you can really see.... his "old age" coming on...without the hat!!
( So Edge needs to hide that, "most definitely", "for sure"!!
Cuz seeing him age more... and look old is NOT sexy at all!! )

He's going to wear it, that's his official Dismantle/Vertigo look.

I'd be willing to bet that he's going to come out on stage with hat and glasses, then take both off after 2 or 3 songs, like he has done for ZooTV, Pop, Elevation (well, for the glasses anyways).

I kind of like the hat. But for sure he will not wear that for the WHOLE show.

MsMofoGone said:

But Edge????....He actually needs a hat....to cover his baldness!

The same can be said about Bono. There's no use denying it - Bono's hairline is receeding. I assume that's why he currently is wearing the hat. And if your hairline is receeding, it looks even worse when you wear it at the length that Bono does. So, unless he wants to go for the shorter Pop look again (which I can't see happening), he's probably better off with the hat.

But in all honesty, I really don't care WHAT Bono wears on his head, just as long as he sounds good.

i think we've had a hard enough time trying to forget that period w/ the short hair...

can you imagine Bono w/ Edge's hair? definately a possibility in the near future :lol: :yes: :no:

The hat is OK once or twice...

I always think he looks the coolest either with the PopMart hair (minus the red glasses) or at the end of the concerts when he has it slicked back with sweat...break out the grease! His current hair "stylist" should be shot....twice! :wink:

I remember when I saw the fly shades for the first time... I nearly fell over from laughter... then it grew on me... and then it became cool... as for this hat... I will reserve verdict knowing it will become cool

GibsonGirl said:

The same can be said about Bono. There's no use denying it - Bono's hairline is receeding. I assume that's why he currently is wearing the hat. And if your hairline is receeding, it looks even worse when you wear it at the length that Bono does.

This is true!! But at least Bono's hair doesn't start over "half-way"
back in the middle of his scalp... Edge is truly "losing" his hair..
Bono still has alot of hair in the front ( it's only receding on the
sides) so he will still look "quite GOOD" for a while yet!!
He can wear no hat, and we still would "melt" in front of him!!!
Now...don't lie!!! You would "melt" too!! BIG-TIME..
Ohhh yes...you know you would!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom