Bono and pulling a guy on stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
atikicat said:

On this tour most/all the guys brought up played with the band. If you're a guy who can't play guitar/isn't in a band and you don't want to brand your body with U2 tattoos...maybe Miroslava needs to give you some dance lessons.:wink:

:lmao:

Someone posted this in their 10/7 review on u2tours:

"The three fans pulled up - The first guy attemped to initiate a UTEOTW bullfight, and somehow eventually Bono ended up sort of slow dancing with him. The second girl was sassy as hell, shakin' it for all she was worth, and taunting Bono during Fast Cars - that was great. The WOWY girl just sort of held on and tried not to have a meltdown, I think."

So Dan got another slow dance with Bono...during The Electric Co? :eyebrow:

Well, from the pictures you can see that he has the "tOne" T-shirt tattoed on his back, the elevation suitcase and other elevation symbols and a Joshua tree.

You can't see it, but he also has Edge's, Adam's and Bono's autographs tattoed on his forearms... The Edge autograph is really pretty!

and hmmm who knows what else...

Last edited:
7896-1.jpg

i've known dan... "tattoo dan," "tattoo boy," whatever other nickname you wanna come up with... for a few years now. that's him on the left... dropping the people's elbow on my head.

group.JPG

yes... he does have everyone but larry's autograph tattooed on him... i was with him in jersey when he got adam's...

NJDAN1.JPG

as for the rest of 'em...

danback.jpg

danarm.jpg

and friday night... this is the best one i've got, but there are a few more that i have comming. and yes, it does look like bono was, er, going down on him towards the end of his time up on stage... when i get that photo i'll post it. this is all i've got for now.

dan.JPG

Last edited:
lady luck said:
in the end, Bono had someone TALLER than him on stage!!

I think Jilly Mullen Jr. was also taller than him and so was I... so it is definitely not a deal breaker :wink:

Well, from my angle I saw Bono crouch down and hug Dan around the knees on Friday night. Quite unusual positioning.

does this guy take his shirt off at all the shows? or only when bono puls him up?

This guy is the definition of a hardcore fan.

Miroslava, the picture of you in your Avatar looks very familiar... Is that you by any chance in the front row of the MTV Brooklyn Bridge concert? I just watched it over the weekend and I thought hmm, I've seen that face before...

I think that's the second time after Diamond Dave spun Bono over his shoulders in Boston four years ago that Bono pulled a guy on stage NOT to play guitar.

:up:

Well, then there also was the guy from 10/8 (don't remember his name, the Sikh dude :reject: )

And well, DD was not pulled so much as belly flopped :wink:

:confused: This tour? What did the Sikh guy do?

Well, Bono did come to Diamond's rescue... :D

He was brought up during WOWY after Jilly Mullin Jr and her sister... haven't seen any picture sor anything. I heard that he sang along to the ooooooooh oooooooooh oooooooooh ooooooohs!

:D

Miroslava said:
He was brought up during WOWY after Jilly Mullin Jr and her sister... haven't seen any picture sor anything. I heard that he sang along to the ooooooooh oooooooooh oooooooooh ooooooohs!

:D

That was actually fantastic. I was really thrilled for him. The guy looked so happy. I believe I had seen this same guy at the tip of the ellipse in Boston in May. I have to think it was him, unless there are two Sikh men in full turbons hanging out on the tip of the ellipse at U2 concerts in the northeast.

Cool!

And PLEBA status cannot be conferred upon anyone, it must be earned...

:sexywink:

Miroslava said:
Well, then there also was the guy from 10/8 (don't remember his name, the Sikh dude :reject: )

And well, DD was not pulled so much as belly flopped :wink:

Actually...

Diamond Dave crawled up onto the ramp and then ran to the stage - where he was promptly tackled by security before being rescued by Bono. ;)

And DD never spun Bono over his shoulders - he cradled him in his arms. Then Dave took a lap around the heart.

Memories...

How come this Tatoo Dan guy gets pulled up on stage so often?

U2girl said:
I think that's the second time after Diamond Dave spun Bono over his shoulders in Boston four years ago that Bono pulled a guy on stage NOT to play guitar.

:up:

ah, but diamond wan't exactly "invited" on stage initially now was he?! :wink:

bono let him stay and play of course so it all turned out ok

Well, all I was trying to say is that he wasnt quite invited. Not having been there, I didnt know the exact means by which he got up there...

As far as Tattoo Dan, well, I think he's just a pretty recognizable dude, a hard core fan, and Bono just likes him. Don't think there is much more to it than that. The few times I have seen him (Brooklyn, MSG in May from afar and Chicago in Sept.) he was fully clothed. I think he just takes the shirt off once he gets up on stage...

Back
Top Bottom