Bono and Missed Opportunities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooMacPhisto800

War Child
Clearly, the greatest moment of the tour so far was "New Year's Day" in Chorzow. The spontaneous raising of red and white bandanas by Polish fans was unpresedentted and created a magical moment seldom experienced by U2 and their fans. For proof, see:

http://www.u2.com.pl/chorzow/video.php

Having said this, would it not have been easier for Bono to say "A crowd has gathered - RED and white" (instead of "Black and White"). That would have been fantastic and I'm sure the roar of the crowd would have been deaferning... To appreciate the moment, you have to appreciate Poles, their country, their spirit, their history, and their culture.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
Clearly, the greatest moment of the tour so far was "New Year's Day" in Chorzow. The spontaneous raising of red and white bandanas by Polish fans was unpresedentted and created a magical moment seldom experienced by U2 and their fans. For proof, see:

http://www.u2.com.pl/chorzow/video.php

Having said this, would it not have been easier for Bono to say "A crowd has gathered - RED and white" (instead of "Black and White"). That would have been fantastic and I'm sure the roar of the crowd would have been deaferning... To appreciate the moment, you have to appreciate Poles, their country, their spirit, their history, and their culture.
am sure i read somewhere that bono did infact do something, to appretiate the moment, but thats not the only thing thats happend this tour, we have had white ballons, and a message which read hi bob

pretty impressive stuff

Didn't he turn his jacket inside out to celebrate the red-ness? :)

Greety and I were discussing the Polish act while waiting in Amsterdam and were in awe of the collaboration of the audience to pull it off.

:up:

the soul waits said:
Didn't he turn his jacket inside out to celebrate the red-ness? :)

Greety and I were discussing the Polish act while waiting in Amsterdam and were in awe of the collaboration of the audience to pull it off.

:up:
ah thats right ye, he put his jacket inside out, and the crowd were meant to have gone wild, as he was pretty much joining in with them

He turned his jacket inside-out and bowed to the crowd a couple of times. On the video I had the roar of the crowd was deafening at that point, it was great! Don't really see how it would have been "easier" to change a line of the song.

neutral said:
He turned his jacket inside-out and bowed to the crowd a couple of times. On the video I had the roar of the crowd was deafening at that point, it was great! Don't really see how it would have been "easier" to change a line of the song.

There's a video of this? :ohmy:

Do you still have it, Neutral? :hyper:

I think i have the video,, Yeah i have it but like Neutral said then the quality is awful.

I can still upload it of course

Last edited:
It was a magical moment. After the flag thing U2 did and played amazingly, it was really great. I can't explain what exactly they were doing, but I saw them in Vienna and in Rome too and they didn't do those things. I mean they played different. There was some magical atmosphere, a spirit. Really wonderful feeling after New Year's Day. I'm sure U2 and the fans who were there will never forget this night. Bono and the other three were really moved by that thing. You could see it on their faces. It was amazing.

Bono turned his jacket inside-out in slow motion (joining in the Red), bowed to the crowd, then tapped his heart as if to say "You my brothers"... Anyway, the "Red and White" comment would have been incredible.

You can see the video in the link I posted in the initial post... It's short, but it captures the moment really well.

and i think the second night in holland he took a polish flag (at leats i think it was a polish flag, please dont flame me if im wrong :sad: )out of the audience and put that on one of the speakers the rest of the night so he probably remebered the surprise act very well. Must have been very cool to be there!

Back
Top Bottom