Bomb Shelter - policy to change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

You're going to Cleveland too? :hmm:

My kind hail from Minnesota, I ain't scared of no cold weather! I will line up all day.

I'll be there with bells on. Of course with Ohio weather, sometimes it doesn't really start getting cold until after the new year (*crosses fingers*). But hey, the colder it is, the less people there will be, easier for me to get a good spot! :wink:

I have GA for Portland. While temperature-wise, it'll be more bearable than the midwest or the east in December, it might piss down rain all day, too.

I'm kind of waiting to see what the weather will be like to decide if I'll sit there all day or take my chances closer to showtime.

I think all the venues should do the get a wristband, & a number, come back at 5pm & line up. That gets rid of the overnighters, & gives everyone a chance to get there at a certain timein the morning to get a number.
also gives the city a little more income $$$

Auburn Hills is also up in the air. In Michigan, It can be 85 degrees in October, or it could be in the negatives with three feet of snow :huh:

Ruffian, I'll also be camping out for Chicago, hope to see you there! :wave:

Imarocker said:
I think all the venues should do the get a wristband, & a number, come back at 5pm & line up. That gets rid of the overnighters, & gives everyone a chance to get there at a certain timein the morning to get a number.
also gives the city a little more income $$$

the wont solve anything. huge lines of people would just be at the venue at 9am waiting to get there wristband.

Yeah, I'd imagine you'd probably get even more people camping out to get there overnight/at the ass crack of dawn, because they'd know they wouldn't have to sit in line all day straight through to the concert. I know I'd get there insanely early if I knew I could get a wrist band at 9am, and then go home/go to sleep/shower/eat, etc before returning around 5 to be let right into the venue.

DPrinceNY said:

the wont solve anything. huge lines of people would just be at the venue at 9am waiting to get there wristband.

I strongly doubt that. Someone with firsthand knowledge of what happened in Boston please confirm... In any event, the lines would disperse once the wristbands were handed out.

Fire up west-siiiiiide for Chicago. I will be out there for the duration starting after work on Monday the 19th. The good news is it shouldn't be cold. Unless it rains or something the camping should be pleasant.

I was in Boston in May, and I have GA's for the December shows and I sure as hell hope they do it the same way.

MTEdge said:
Just to clarify, the wristbanding only works if no one is allowed to camp out overnight.

no one said anything about camping out. I am sure at exactly 9am crowds of people will be making huge lines. Everyone will just come in around 9-10 in the morning and huge lines will form. This is U2 were talking about here and knowing that you only need to get the wristband and bounce I am sure every fan will be punctual and be there early morning.

Catlady said:
Fire up west-siiiiiide for Chicago. I will be out there for the duration starting after work on Monday the 19th. The good news is it shouldn't be cold. Unless it rains or something the camping should be pleasant.

:wave: I'm hoping to arrive no later than 3pm on the 19th. See you there!

Those folks in Ottawa and Montreal are gonna have a nice time freezing their butts all day.

WildHoneyAlways said:
How would wristbanding prevent lining up? :huh: Don't people line up for wristbands?

people would still show up early to get wristbands, no question. the nice thing is you don't have to stay in the line all day long. they only did that in 2 cities on the first leg (san jose and new jersey...but in new jersey they said they did not want people leaving for the whole day because they thought reassembling the line would be a pain in the ass).

ruffian said:

people would still show up early to get wristbands, no question. the nice thing is you don't have to stay in the line all day long. they only did that in 2 cities on the first leg (san jose and new jersey...but in new jersey they said they did not want people leaving for the whole day because they thought reassembling the line would be a pain in the ass).

they did it in boston too, ms smarty pants

ruffian said:

This was how it was done in Boston too. You had to be back by 5pm and the venue staff were great at monitoring the afternoon lineup.

Chizip said:

they did it in boston too, ms smarty pants

:madspit: notice above that Ms. Ramblin Rose managed to correct me more politely...

*thumps chizzer on the forehead*

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Auburn Hills is also up in the air. In Michigan, It can be 85 degrees in October, or it could be in the negatives with three feet of snow :huh:

Ruffian, I'll also be camping out for Chicago, hope to see you there! :wave:

i'll look for you! I'm just camping/car sleeping for the first show and won't get there till evening. i can't wait for the show!

MTEdge said:
Just to clarify, the wristbanding only works if no one is allowed to camp out overnight.

well, people get around that by camping out *near* the venue, then cutting a deal with venue security to be counted as the first in line. most venues say no one is allowed to line up on the premises till 8, but that doesn't mean people arrive then. In Phoenix and New Jersey there were conflicts b/w those who arrived at 9 and those who arrived at 9 but had been camping :yikes: it can get messy...

Back
Top Bottom