Best way to get presale tickets through TicketMaster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POPMatt

The Fly
For those of you who successfully got tickets through TicketMaster the first presale, could you give a little advice on the best way to order them - i.e. internet, over the phone, in person?

If you do it online, is it best to search for GA or "best available"?

I just don't want to get screwed come Tuesday...

THanks in advance!

POPMatt said:
For those of you who successfully got tickets through TicketMaster the first presale, could you give a little advice on the best way to order them - i.e. internet, over the phone, in person?

If you do it online, is it best to search for GA or "best available"?

I just don't want to get screwed come Tuesday...

THanks in advance!

For the presale the internet is your only option.

Re: Re: Best way to get presale tickets through TicketMaster?

ramblin rose said:

For the presale the internet is your only option.

For the presale GA is not the first option for Best Available. Thank you for try to screw alot of people during the presale. Just click and scroll for General Admission or Standing Room for the presales coming up.

Re: Re: Re: Best way to get presale tickets through TicketMaster?

Super_Fan said:

For the presale GA is not the first option for Best Available. Thank you for try to screw alot of people during the presale. Just click and scroll for General Admission or Standing Room for the presales coming up.

All I was answering about was that the internet was the only option available for the presale, as opposed to phone or in person.

WTF is your problem? Do you have reading comprehension issues?

Ramblin Rose was not trying to misguide anyone. Geez! This gets me crazy as this presale news is such a positive thing , I just can't bear anyone making it anything but!

Last edited:
Wants to know what the hell Super_Fan's problem is. :eyebrow: I'm getting a little sick of seeing his bad attitude all over the place...we're here to support each other, not tear each other down. Beside you looked like a moron because you clearly didn't read the post well.

Anyways....when trying for tickets...you may try 'best available' or the '49.50'/ga,ba option at the same time and get offered only undesirable seats or none...just search again if that 's the case. I spent 23 minutes rejecting seats or searches that returned nothing until I got GA tix. To be honest, I tried it both ways, so I'm not exactly sure which combo I had hit when I did score the GA. Now I know the whole issue of panic sets in about getting no tickets at all if one does that. But that's just how it works. A friend of mine didn't get GA until three hours after TM saying 'no results'. :shrug: That's the best I can offer you. Just try your best not to get too frazzled.

Last edited:
No one has been able to confirm 100% whether or not Best Availble goes for GA first all the time or not.

Both in the pre-sale and the general sale, I've been able to get GAs by selection 'floor' AND 'best available'. Actually, I'm pretty sure Best available goes for GA first, but sometimes it takes 3 seconds for them to sell-out so you won't get it even if you are super-quick.

Selecting Best available saves you a split second which can make a big difference, but going for GAs might also be safer.

starsgoblue said:
Wants to know what the hell Super_Fan's problem is. :eyebrow: I'm getting a little sick of seeing his bad attitude all over the place...we're here to support each other, not tear each other down. Beside you looked like a moron because you clearly didn't read the post well.

Anyways....when trying for tickets...you may try 'best available' or the '49.50'/ga,ba option at the same time and get offered only undesirable seats or none...just search again if that 's the case. I spent 23 minutes rejecting seats or searches that returned nothing until I got GA tix. To be honest, I tried it both ways, so I'm not exactly sure which combo I had hit when I did score the GA. Now I know the whole issue of panic sets in about getting no tickets at all if one does that. But that's just how it works. A friend of mine didn't get GA until three hours after TM saying 'no results'. :shrug: That's the best I can offer you. Just try your best not to get too frazzled.

Agrees with ya... :yes: wtf is Super_Fan's problem.. I too am sick of his bad attitude all over here. I am sure we are not to only ones who think this. Go take your negativity, foul mouth and bad attitude somewhere else.! :mad:

Mods: I think this guy needs a talking to!

I have found this type of attitude is rampant..especially on U2.com. A lot of posters are ready to revoke your breathing privlidges, slit your throat and then throw your carcass in a vat of boiling acid for almost anything you say. This attitude is not good at all...get some professional help.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best way to get presale tickets through TicketMaster?

ramblin rose said:

All I was answering about was that the internet was the only option available for the presale, as opposed to phone or in person.

WTF is your problem? Do you have reading comprehension issues?

Whats your problem since I took a shot at you and you were wrong. I was trying to correct your mistake to help others, so you Bitch at me? If you do best available it takes you to reserved seats. Some shows through the internet the best available is General Admission or Standing Room. Can you read inbetween the lines...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best way to get presale tickets through TicketMaster?

Super_Fan said:

Whats your problem since I took a shot at you and you were wrong. I was trying to correct your mistake to help others, so you Bitch at me? If you do best available it takes you to reserved seats. Some shows through the internet the best available is General Admission or Standing Room. Can you read inbetween the lines...

You have serious problems. Did you even read the original post??

He had various questions, i.e. one of them had to do with what was the best option to contact ticketmaster, 1) Online 2) Telephone 3) In person.

My answer: For the presale the internet is your only option. i.e. for the presale telephone and in person options are not available.

What part of this do you not understand. It seems everyone else who responded understood perfectly.

Listen carefully: I DID NOT RESPOND TO ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH HIS OTHER QUESTIONS SINCE I DID NOT KNOW THE ANSWERS.

Do you understand now?

Last edited:
Daniel Martin said:
I have found this type of attitude is rampant..especially on U2.com. A lot of posters are ready to revoke your breathing privlidges, slit your throat and then throw your carcass in a vat of boiling acid for almost anything you say. This attitude is not good at all...get some professional help.

Just because I am trying to protect the GA line Lottery issue and in this thread I am trying to help others out your telling me to get some professional help? I recommend you get some help.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best way to get presale tickets through TicketMaster?

Super_Fan said:

Are you brain dead? This is ALL she said: "For the presale the internet is your only option.". That means she was saying that people would not be able to telephone Ticketmaster for tickets during the presale. She said nothing about what methods to use to get GA tickets once on the TM site. Her telling people that they couldn't use telephones for presale tickets was correct and not wrong. Get a grip on yourself.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best way to get presale tickets through TicketMaster?

ramblin rose said:

You have serious problems. Did you even read the original post??

He had various questions, i.e. one of them had to do with what was the best option to contact ticketmaster, 1) Online 2) Telephone 3) In person.

My answer: For the presale the internet is your only option. i.e. for the presale telephone and in person options are not available.

What part of this do you not understand. It seems everyone else who responded understood perfectly.

Listen carefully: I DID NOT RESPOND TO ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH HIS OTHER QUESTIONS SINCE I DID NOT KNOW THE ANSWERS.

Do you understand now?

I understand now. Next time you should not come out and attack me or others because you were not clear. For the presale the best available option even through the presale or regular on sale is reserved seats only if when you click scroll the first choice is reserved seats then the last option is General Admission . Thats because of the price range difference since GA's are $50 and the best reserved seats are $160.

Each show is sold differently through ticketmaster due to the GA and reserved seating. I used to work at an outlet 4 years ago when U2 went on sale and due to the price difference the X numbers( which is how tickets are sold in a section) were not sold as GA's first. GA's were like X70 . For my Philly GA tickets my X number which is printed on the ticket is 65 . So you might as well click the section for tickets and try for General Admission that way instead of doing best available.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best way to get presale tickets through TicketMaster?

starsgoblue said:

Are you brain dead? This is ALL she said: "For the presale the internet is your only option.". That means she was saying that people would not be able to telephone Ticketmaster for tickets during the presale. She said nothing about what methods to use to get GA tickets once on the TM site. Her telling people that they couldn't use telephones for presale tickets was correct and not wrong. Get a grip on yourself.

Don't get involved.

U2Girl1978 said:
Super_Fan,
You should follow your own advice and not attack people on here.You sound like an 8 year old who isn't getting their way. Grow up!

Mind your own business.

starsgoblue said:
Super Fan, it doesn't matter how many times you type the same thing...:rolleyes: And stop acting like you're some sort of victim here....

You need to cut this out. Seriously.

I have no time to be attack by a group of women on a Saturday night outlashing on the best way to get tickets through the presale. We are all just wasting thread space.

Super_Fan said:

Mind your own business.

No, I'm sorry I won't. You act all nutty about some GA Lottery that might not even happen and then you attack the nice people on here. It's really uncalled for. So please why don't you act a little bit more civil or just get off the site!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best way to get presale tickets through TicketMaster?

Super_Fan said:

I understand now. Next time you should not come out and attack me or others because you were not clear.

:banghead: :banghead: How was I not clear? I read the original post, quoted it in my reply and the original poster knew immediately what I was answering and said thanks.

You come out of left field with your unintelligible reply and attacked me. Again I ask what is your problem? Who attacked who? You came out immediately attacking me, telling me I was trying to mislead people.

Really, read the entire thread. Slowly, if it will help you.

Super_Fan said:

I have no time to be attack by a group of women on a Saturday night outlashing on the best way to get tickets through the presale. .

No, we aren't arguing about the best way to get tickets. We are telling you we are sick of your attitude on this board! You feel you need to "protect" the GA line?! My God, who do you think you are? Lancelot of the GA Line?! Besides, it's a situation nobody is sure of in the first place. You have been rude to various members here and you have been warned by moderators to cut it out. You started something with RR that makes no logical sense in the first place and yet you still think you're being attacked. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

No, we aren't arguing about the best way to get tickets. We are telling you we are sick of your attitude on this board! You feel you need to "protect" the GA line?! My God, who do you think you are--and it's a situation nobody is sure of in the first place. You have been rude to various members here and you have been warned by moderators to cut it out. You started something with RR that makes no logical sense in the first place and yet you still think you're being attacked. :rolleyes:

Hold up thats not the issue on this thread read the posts. The GA line yes because of Bruce that other tours/venues will go with this in the future. I was rude when I responded to these posts on the subject on the internet presale. I was told to cut out the profanity on the boards on another topic . I didn't use any profanity and I was rude Yes I was rude but you did attack me since I was correcting Ramblin Rose. I just think the best thing is for a moderator to close this topic and for all of us that posted in this thread to not respond back to anymore comments posted and not to respond directly to anymore posts on this board or amend our mistakes and forget this happened.

Back
Top Bottom