Best U2 muscial experience.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtwohearts

New Yorker
Night before my senior year at college...I went to see U2 Zoo TV tour at Yankee Stadium and had to drive 6 hours for an 8:00 class. Poped in Boy in the tape deck (no CD'S yet) and continued on throught the night one album after another. Got to Plattsburgh at 7:30 and never went to class. Great night, great concert and great drive.

Rattle and Hum movie saw at a drive-in. Everyone out of their cars radio's blasting. Like being at a concert it was great.

Last edited:
POPmart 1997 Wembley stadium. One of the best nights of my life..

When Hold me Thrill Me blasted out .................Who needs drugs?

May 15th, 2001 -- Chicago Elevation Night # 3

Me and my best friend, who isn't obsessive like me, went and had terrible seats (second to the last row in the building). But it didn't matter: by the end of the show, my friend realized the power of a U2 show and how everyone in the building was a tight knit community. It was just two hours, but all of us had shared something special. And I realized just how rare a band like this is.

First one was singing "Pride" with a couple thousand others at the LA Collosium during PopMart. It was incredible, everyone on their feet, singing the "oh, oh-oh-ohs" at the top of their lungs. Completely amazing to be part of something that big.

Second was "Angel of Harlem" at the first LA Elevation Tour show. That was the first U2 single my brother bought and be able to hear that song live with him right next to me, both us screaming "Salvation in the blues!!!!" was incredible.

Surely there are many great memories to be had on this next tour.

Hearing Achtung Baby for the first time.

Yeah, that's kind of boring, but I've never been to a live show. :reject: It costs money to buy aeroplane tickets to Toronto... I wish U2 could do a concert here in Newfoundland. It would be "a sort of homecoming", because Newfoundland is very Irish! It would never happen though...damn, I hate small Canadian provinces. :(

My best U2 musical experience was in 10th grade. I went to go see U2 in tampa on the elevation tour. Not only was it the first U2 concert I ever saw, but my first concert experience. I spent 12 hours in line and met a lot of really cool people. Then when they started lettin people into the arena, I actually made it into the 2nd row of the heart.
The concert absolutley blew me away. Its something that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

starsgoblue said:
Providence Rhode Island, 2001

This show was important and touching to me for so many reasons....dare I sound dramatic but it was lifechanging-honestly.
:heart:
Me too, Halloween 2001, same place.

It really was life changing. I was going through a really dark period, and I had a moment of clarity during Bad...it suddenly sounded like a conversation I wanted to have with someone, but couldn't. If you should ask well maybe they'd tell you what I would say...If I could, you know I would let it go. I don't think I would have made it through the winter if I hadn't been there that night. Singing as loud as I could with all those other people...the emotion was incredible. I can't even try to describe it. And I can't wait to feel it again.

Schmeg...I was there the night before Halloween but that's funny because my first of many revelations happened during Bad (Bono went and climbed out to sing to BostonAnne's daughter) and he said a prayer.... Up until that point I had been an atheist and suddenly I was crying like I'd never stop. When Bono said his paraphrase of Psalm 116--it was a done deal. The energy at that show was amazing, I definetly felt the Spirit. So many things changed for me after that show. I had been listening to U2 since I was little but now it was like a veil had been ripped from my eyes....amazing grace indeed.

Schmeg...I live out in Ohio now but I am most definetly heading to RI and Boston to see the boys. We should try to meet up...since RI is so stinking small I probably went to high school with your cousin or something crazy like that!

^ I have a boot of that show and that's a really beautiful moment. I wish I had gone to that one, too, but I know I was meant to be there on Halloween.

That's funny because Kariann is one of my best Interference buddies and she lives in Ohio, so I'll be heading out there for the tour too! I will see you here or there or anywhere in between!

Are you from RI? If you want you can e-mail me and we can talk all about the joy and wonder of the Biggest Little! :wave:
schmeg4u2@yahoo.com

Schmeg said:
^

That's funny because Kariann is one of my best Interference buddies and she lives in Ohio, so I'll be heading out there for the tour too! I will see you here or there or anywhere in between!

I'm going with you!!!!!!!! :D

arw9797 said:

I'm going with you!!!!!!!! :D

You'd better be!!!! :D

The best experience for me was May 7, 2001 here in Columbus. The 6 months or so leading up to that were very draining and tense with my dad being treated for cancer. We had just learned that everything with him went well but there was alot of other family drama during that time and up to that show. That night was like a huge release for me to leave all of that go and felt like a celebration that all of the recent issues had been lifted from my shoulders. I was in euphoria for days after that and it did so much for me that people at work noticed that I seemed so much happier and more like myself again. It was then that I discovered that there is healing power in music.

Schmeg said:
^ I have a boot of that show and that's a really beautiful moment. I wish I had gone to that one, too, but I know I was meant to be there on Halloween.

Are you from RI? If you want you can e-mail me and we can talk all about the joy and wonder of the Biggest Little! :wave:
schmeg4u2@yahoo.com

That's too funny! I lived in Rhode Island for 14 years (I'm 23)...I moved to Columbus though---which looks to be where your friend is at?! That's amazing! I'll be meeting up with you guys for sure! Here's my email elev8mehere@yahoo.com

starsgoblue said:

That's too funny! I lived in Rhode Island for 14 years (I'm 23)...I moved to Columbus though---which looks to be where your friend is at?! That's amazing! I'll be meeting up with you guys for sure! Here's my email elev8mehere@yahoo.com
Sounds like it was meant to be, eh? That's so funny! I'll see you in the not-too-distant future! :D

First ever U2 concert in Sydney. They played Beatles music before the concert started, while the lights were still up and EVERYONE was up and dancing, then U2 came on. It was amazing!!!!! At the end when they did 40 everyone kept singing, even after they left the stage, the house lights came back on and people were being ushered out they just kept on singing and then U2 came on again which blew everyone away. I think they did one more song and then everyone left but all the way back to the car all you could here were people singing 40.

No other concert by any other band matches up to a U2 concert for me.

4-19-01. Bono sang Bad and then sang a snippet of 40. The crowd started singing along to 40. It was amazing. It was very emotional for me, that I couldn't help it, I cried. I was going through a lot of crap at that time, so I understand what you both mean, Shmeg and Stars.

hi fans. best concert experience, being in the heart in San Jose, hearing Out of Control, dancing with my little wife during All I Want is You. I could not believe I was mere inches from my musical heroes! Every song was great, and i will never forget it.

March 17, 1985. Saint Patricks Day. First time away from home, drove 600 miles to see U2 in Denver for Unforgettable Fire tour. Unbelievably beautiful early spring day. Bono came on stage and said "one mile is not high enough! we're goin' up and we're never comin' down!" The show was magic. Like seeing God. I couldn't speak for the lump in my throat. I had tears in my eyes the entire show. When it was over, a kid in a Motorhead T-shirt said "those guys kicked ASS"

Unforgettable indeed.

Hola amigos :wave:

I attended to Pop Mart concert, Santiago Chile on 11-02-1998 !!! :heart:

I remember those days like if they were yesterday... a sunny summer´s day here in Chile, Estadio Nacional sould out, with 70.000 fans singing, jumping, clapping, etc, was, so so amazing. Fortunately, Bono´s voice was cool, as well the band´s performance :bow: It is said it was THE best show from whole Pop Mart Tour, and now, after listening more than 100 Pop Mart shows, I agree, really 100% agree.

That day Chilean Football team beats 2-0 England at Wembley Stadium, all people who were at Estadio Nacional missed that game, but... later... we saw the best moments of that match by the biggest screen on earth :wink:
I´ll never forget some outstanding moments, like "ISHFWILF" when all we had a candle and the lights were down, and Bono sang the first part of the song without lights...just AMAZING !!!
then another extraordinary moments, like BAD... I tough... "Oh my God, I really can´t believe U2 is going to play this song !!!!!"
"Sunday Bloody Sunday", the link "Please- WTSHNN", "Discotheque" ( when the band used Chilean Football T-shirts :wink: ), and the extraordinary ending with "One" and "Mothers Of The Dissapeared" with the Chilean Mothers Of The DIssapeared on Stage, I remember I was crying at that time, because I had several people from my family who had to run away from Chile, because of Pinochet´s dictatorship. Also that ending had a very special meaning for all Chileans, because that Stadium ( Estadio Nacional ) was used during 70´s for arrest, torture, murder and dissapear thousands of Chileans, included Victor Jara, the composer who Bono dedicated "Sunday Bloody Sunday".

It was an extraordinary concert, also many friends from several foreing countries ( UK, Spain, Mexico, USA, Holland, Argentina, etc ) still today are very shocked by crowd´s power :ohmy: because we sang all the songs, and never Bono had to say something like "Come on, sing with me", etc.
We knew perfectly well probably that would be the only one time in Chile ( despite Bono´s first time in Chile was in 1990, during Amnesty International Concert "Desde Chile Un Abrazo A La Esperanza" ).

Sadly, all fans we attended that unforgettable night tought that will be THE OFFICIAL POP MART VIDEO, but we were wrong, the band chose just an average performance ( Mexico City 1997 ) as official release :mad:
Fortunately, now I have Chilean concert in DVD, as well on CD, but they´re just bootlegs, still we´re looking for official release, since the band haven´t release any Live DVD from the 90´s ( nor Zoo TV nor Pop Mart )

If you are a casual fan, or too young, and you´d like to start listening older concerts, don´t waste your time with Sarajevo 1997 nor Mexico City 1997, this is THE CONCERT you must have,
trust me, I say the truth

Peace
;)

The best for me was Sept 92, ZooTV Tour @ Camp Randall Stadium in Racine WI. I lived in KY at the time, and had flown into Green Bay where my best friend lived, then we drove the 3 hours south to Racine. It was my 1st U2 show (I had already been DYING to see them for at least 6 yrs by that time!) and my friend's 1st concert ever. We were worried about weather since the show was in an open stadium, but luckily, it was beautiful that night. To this day, I get chills when I remember looking out over to a HUGE full moon just rising over the stadium walls while Mysterious Ways was being played. :bow:
And I don't think anything (other than a private meeting with the guys!) can take the place of the 1st time you and 100,000 other fans are backing up Bono on Pride. :faint:
After that show my friend finally understood what I'd seen in the band for years & became as die-hard a fan as myself. She and I are frantically saving for our next "U2 road trip"!!!! :hyper:

1992-08-30 - Yankee Stadium. The sound quality sucked big time, the opening bands sucked big time, people around me were complaining about other people standing! Huh?!? This is a U2 concert guys!!!!!

But when Streets kicked in, everything else vanished. The stadium rocked so much, I swear I felt the stands were going to collapse. This is just a few years before they actually begin crumbling.

It was a religious experience. Just as I expected it to be.

Back
Top Bottom