Best of Bono's "F-Bombs": Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starvinmarvin

Refugee
I don't know about you, but I love it when Bono drops the "F-Bomb" in concerts. he does so infrequently, but when he does, it sounds pretty cool. Please post your favorites for this tour.

As for me, my fave was at Vancouver 3, when Bono screamed "fuck it!!!" just before the guitar solo in Vertigo. Then, during the middle eight section, he sang "all of this can be yours, just give me what I want and noone gets...gets....aw, fuck it!"

I don't remeber which concert it was, but it was during the fly and Bono said "the universe exploded 'cause of one fucking man's lie"

Re: Re: Best of Bono's "F-Bombs": Vertigo Tour

U2dork said:

Are you sure about that? :eyebrow:
Seems to me it's one of his favorite words to use.

I mean, relatively speaking, Bono doesn't swear quite as much as other rock stars. But when he does, he does it well. He's no Liam Gallagher in terms of sheer quantity, but the overall effect is much stronger BECAUSE he doesn't overdo it

Re: Re: Re: Best of Bono's "F-Bombs": Vertigo Tour

starvinmarvin said:

I mean, relatively speaking, Bono doesn't swear quite as much as other rock stars. But when he does, he does it well. He's no Liam Gallagher in terms of sheer quantity, but the overall effect is much stronger BECAUSE he doesn't overdo it

agreed, when bono says it, it sounds badass :D

one man's fucking lie was good :yes:

It sounded like he censored himself at live8 "just give us what we...F...king want!". He didn't need to really, the amount of everyone else saying it later on.

Dudette said:
It sounded like he censored himself at live8 "just give us what we...F...king want!". He didn't need to really, the amount of everyone else saying it later on.

I don't think he censored himself - I think someone else did it for him. I watched it on Canadian TV, and you could plainly hear "fuckin." The version I downloaded from the internet was from the American broadcast, and it was censored.

I think it was Seattle 2 during Vertigo..."just giving me what I want and no one gets...no one gets...oh shut the fuck up Bono!!!!"

:wink:

From Live Aid to Live 8 to Bono's best f-bomb, how can you not like blue crack?

My favorite, at the start of Vertigo 2, I think Seattle I or II, (not sure which bootleg) something like...

"Encore, from the Italian word encora, which means, we are going to play the same fucking song again"

:rockon:

I've been hanging around, just not chiming in too much -- too many diapers to change and now that I have that torrent stuff figured out I've been D/L shows farely regularly.

You da man Ax; I remember not too long ago you were 'celebrating' 5,000 posts... a bunch more since then.

Scored my GAs to Minneapolis -- brings me to 3 total shows for the tour. Pumped up -- sister is flying over from Lake Tahoe--- this will be our seventh show together, every tour except, ironically PopMart, we started when she was 12, and I was 18 -- I"m 40 now so we are excited that our U2 tradition will continue.

Do you have a favorti F-bomb Ax?

BWU2Buffs said:

My favorite, at the start of Vertigo 2, I think Seattle I or II, (not sure which bootleg) something like...

"Encore, from the Italian word encora, which means, we are going to play the same fucking song again"

:laugh: Yes I think that's my favourite one, LOVE IT!

that was back when vertigo x2 was cool...:tsk:

BWU2Buffs said:

the way he said it, it was so ass-holey and shit, it was so good!

kellyo said:

BTW - This is a great thread. The original jag-off thread was highly entertaining as well.

We've got a few North American led F-Bombs, but we need some European ones as well.....keep 'em coming....if anyone has any "classic F-Bombs" from past tours, let's see some of those too

BWU2Buffs said:

That one is also my fav. I just love the way he said it. :rockon:

Keep it up!

I've always loved the "is this rock 'n roll...how the fuck should I know" line.....

starvinmarvin said:
Keep it up!

I've always loved the "is this rock 'n roll...how the fuck should I know" line.....

Yes! Good one, that is! I can't remember which song/performance he said that, though :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom