Best "live" song on HTDAAB to lead into Streets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBonofactor

The Fly
I can admit, as a guy, that I still get chills and a tear (of joy) at times listening to the ZooTV live combo of Running to Stand Still/Streets, or the Pop Mart combo of Please/Streets. It's that moment that the crowd first realizes that the song is transitioning into Streets, and it just takes off from there. In fact, I often find that the rest of the song is anti-climactic once the singing starts.

As good as the Bad/Streets and All I Want is You/Streets combos were on the Elevation tour, and they were damn good, I'm not sure they quite matched their predecessors.

Now that you have had some time for HTDAAB to sink in, which song do you feel could be the ultimate intro for Streets?

I think it could be SYCMIOYO, like RTSS and Please, it is a song with a lot of emotion.

None of them. Although I would be happy to hear them go off after Streets, then come back with LAPOE followed by BTBS.

Actually, I'd like to see them do Please/Streets again.

Yahweh. i've decided that this song doesn't have to be a closer, if they extended the outro, this song has the atmosphere to blend right into Streets.

I don't know, but I could see COBL following streets.

remember on popmart where at the end of "please" bono is on his knees and the streets intro starts? I've been invisioning the ending of streets with bono on his knees and the intro to COBL starting.

How about crumbs?

As much is i think crumbs would make a great closer, i can still see Crumbs going into streets...

Bono can be singing the "oh oh aah's" at the end of Crumbs, then edge comes in and starts streets.

The effectiveness of a lead-in has a lot to do with the key of the run in song being the same as streets.

Miracle Drug would be my first choice, second would be Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

An older song I think could work is The First Time. They included it on Best of 1990-2000 even though it is an obscure song, so I'm thinking it will get played on the next tour.

I'd still flip if Running To Stand Still went into Streets though. RTSS is the #1 old song that I want to see them do this tour.

Original of the Species!!! Duh!!!:hyper:

Just listen to the way Original ends, with the chiming guitars. Then Bono could make a chant at the end like Bad. Something like "I want you, I want you some more... I want you, I want you some more..." and then the intro to Streets.:ohmy:

COBL, Sometimes, Miracle Drug, AMAAW, Crumbs, Original of the Species could all lead into streets...

Do you guys remember the All I want Is You to Streets transition on the Go Home DVD? It was perfect. IMO they couldnt do it any better than that. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom