Behind the Stage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bono269

The Fly
what are seats like behind the stage? I really want tickets for the May 14th show in philly and the nosebleeds behind the stage are all I can afford right now.

Will my view my obscured by video screens? I'm looking for people who sat back there during Elevation to relay what they thought. I'm not gonna spend $150 on a ticket if I cant see anything.

I sat behind the stage (just above where the band came out) at Boston 2 during Elevation and it wasn't too bad. I thought the sound quality was a little weak compared to the heart and floor. But, you also have to remember that there wasn't much blocking the side and back views during Elevation. It isn't known yet what the stage will be like for Vertigo. Some rumors include more video screens, which would probably mean more obstructed views. There is also the rumor of the stage being in the round, which would dramatically change the view for many people. However, I am of the belief that in the round simply means tickets are sold all the way around the stage and arena, just like Elevation.

Lastly, with tickets reaching an unpresented amount of demand for this tour, I would grab just about anything you can. At least you'll have a seat in the arena.

I sat behind the stage for Elevation in San Jose, and it really wasn't too bad. My view was rarely obscured, and they sounded great.

I just bought tickets for Vertigo in SJ on April 10 behind the stage as well, and I anticipate having the same experience as Elevation.

tlt29 said:
I sat behind the stage for Elevation in San Jose, and it really wasn't too bad. My view was rarely obscured, and they sounded great.

That's encouraging. I have section 118 for San Jose 2. Hopefully I'll be able to see somthing!

Last tour, we went to Staples...got four tickets for the first night...two of them were behind the stage...we kept the ones near the soundboard...sold the other pair to my friend at cost...turns out, he had great seats, since Bono ran around the entire stage and heart! he actually climbed the back wall right below where my buddy was sitting...

I also got behind the stage for the Staples this year (218) and I didn't hesitate getting them......anywhere in the arena won't be bad...too many screens...have a great time!:)

Behind-the-stage for SJ 1.

Do the band turn around at all during the shows? Can you see any of the screens from the front?

You know, the band members do turn, except for Larry but jeez...they've got have 250 cameras on them that feed into the huge screens...also, I've read somewhere where the stage might be "in the round", meaning in the center of the arena with four sides...so they would be moving about with Larry in the center...hope that helps! :up:

If the view from the back of the stage was going to be obscured by video screens, they wouldn't sell the seats.

Well I was gonna get tickets until I foundn out there's a $100 surcharge. So screw that.

H said:
The seats behind the stage should be heavily discounted - to pay the same rates as those in front of the stage is pretty poor, I think.

For Philly I paid the same amount for my back corner on Edge's side as everyone else did who bought a GA, 49.50. Section 221A to be exact.

And for the record I LOVE being behind the stage or in the back corner of the stage for a concert. You're closer than most people in the building and it's usually a little bit more loose. Plus you know you're facing some speaker stack at real close range so you know it's gonna be loud.

Being behind the stage give you a really cool view of the show. You get to see the crowd go nuts. Streets is great when they turn up the lights.

Attachments

• bono_crowd.jpg
    bono_crowd.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
brianh20 said:

For Philly I paid the same amount for my back corner on Edge's side as everyone else did who bought a GA, 49.50. Section 221A to be exact.

And for the record I LOVE being behind the stage or in the back corner of the stage for a concert. You're closer than most people in the building and it's usually a little bit more loose. Plus you know you're facing some speaker stack at real close range so you know it's gonna be loud.

What row are you in? My brother and I are in that section as well(row 2).

Mr. Millennium said:

It would probably be smart of me to ask if you're going the same night as me. :wink: Are you going to the May 22nd show? That's the one I'll be at.

Ahhhh no, I'll be at the Saturday show and was damned lucky to get that one.

I had seats slightly behind the stage for JT in 1987, that was cool because I got to see the band come up the stairs to the stage for the begining of Streets, and I was close enough to the stage that Bono actually extended his mike out towards my way during the "no mores" in SBS.

In San Jose, 4/20/01 I was slight behind the stage right. It wouldn't have mattered where I sat as it was the best show I've ever seen them do.

You'll be fine as long as you are in the building.

I was behind the stage twice for Elevation. It's not bad. It's really good to be honest. When you are behind the stage, it's cheeper and you are very, very close to the band. It rocks. And Bono always plays to the ones behind the stage as well as the others.

SMB

sat behind the stage in Prov, RI for Elevation Tour and could not believe how close we were (especially w/ Bono running around and climbing on the back wall. It wasn't until I saw the DVD that I realized how much we missed re: lights an screens. You have a ticket which mean you are inside - stop worrying. The energy will lift you!

Back
Top Bottom