Begin Aggggaaaiinnnnn .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
1293.jpg

:drool: :drool: :rockon:

:hyper:

I'm going to head down to the stadium later, probably in a couple of hours. I plan to return with more photos of what's happening.

AchtungZooropa said:
anyone wanna explain that for me?

It's the Vertigo stage being built in Brisbane. 4th Leg starts in a week. People from Brisbane are getting jumpy because this is the first thing that as ever happened in Brisbane. Ever.

Earnie Shavers said:

It's the Vertigo stage being built in Brisbane. 4th Leg starts in a week. People from Brisbane are getting jumpy because this is the first thing that as ever happened in Brisbane. Ever.

ooooooh thanks :)

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ITS FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

*gets giddy and does laps of the house* :drool: :drool: :drool:

Earnie Shavers said:

Hahaha that is so damn true :hyper:

Well, I didn't make it down to the stadium after all, so no additional photos from me. Look out for something on Wednesday, assuming nothing else comes up and disrupts my plans ...

Earnie Shavers said:
People from Brisbane are getting jumpy because this is the first thing that as ever happened in Brisbane. Ever.

You speak the truth. :lol:

please post more photos surely you can take more of the building that has occured throughout the day - thanks

A repost but these the first pictures seem to be in both threads.

-------------------------------------------------

From the same guy, taken yesterday. Apparently he will take more and will be up tommorow same time.

brisbanevertigo3bp4.jpg

brisbanevertigo4fu2.jpg

Source: Damien Taylor from U2Australia Yahoo Music Group

The photos in the countdown thread show the side on stands that hold the bulk of the crowd. It's by no means huge, but it's not tiny.

What does the Adelaide venue hold? I'm guessing it's smaller?

I'm really looking forward to 80K at the Sydney shows.

Earnie Shavers said:

Adelaide's actually bigger - 55,000 for AFL, I think. Considering it has a larger field, it'll have more GAs than Brisbane too.

The Sydney shows are going to be quite incredible, some of the biggest all tour. I believe Dublin holds the record thus far with around 82,000 per show.

I'm interested to see what the figure actually is for a Sydney show. The stadium holds over 80K maximum for sporting events. Knock out one of the ends, a little of each side on stand, but add in the massive GA space (It's a huge field space). I've heard anywhere between 75K and 90K per show. Either end of that range, a crowd that size - the atmosphere is going to be fucking electric.

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=121

Earnie Shavers said:

When the gig was originally March, Bus Australia's moderator posted on their forum that a shuttle service would be running to help transport the 66,000 people expected to be at the gig.

S.

Back
Top Bottom