back in the states in november?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seven more months to wait?

This tour feels over.

Am I alone in kind of wishing that they should just go ahead and cancel the remaining dates? I was planning on going to New Zealand and Hawaii but now it just seems/feels kind of weird to start it all up again in seven more months for just a few dates and then shut it all down again. And wouldn't the logistics of putting the crew together for that short of time would be close to impossible?

They should go about their lives, attend and care for who and what needs attending....and when ready...start a new record and begin the next tour in Australia and New Zealand.

I couldn't agree more with Westport. The lads should just continue to support whomever it is that is sick, and get to work on a new album. Anyone catch Bono on NBC Nightly News, he said he had 8 new songs. Sounds like a great start to me. I had GA's for Hawaii and as much as I would love to see them there, I just think they should officially scratch the rest of the tour. They should kick-off the next tour in Australia, our Aussie friends deserve that. And then we can all join them! :wink:

Would be great if they did a Lovetown type tour of Australia again! Only with a few outdoor show's thrown in too!
Play indoor shows with 1 big outdoor show each in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and also 3 indoor shows in each of those cities...also 2 indoor shows in Adelaide and Perth. Then play 1 Outdoor in Auckland, then 2 indoor shows in in Christchurch. Go to Japan and do 2 outdoor shows in Tokyo plus 2 indoor and another 1 or 2 indoor in 2 or 3 other cities.

Finish the tour off in Hawaii with 2 Outdoor Shows.... then get to the Studio for 6 months and bring out that masterpiece we've all been waiting for:drool: 32 Shows in the tour, that's big enough to hop on a plane for.

One way you could look at it, is that there was a four-month gap originally between the announcement and the tour (Nov - March), so realistically there's no need to get VERY worried until after July. Having said that though, the silence lately is very disconcerting.

Another tour rumor:

Take it with a grain of salt, but my brother is a Univiversity of Virignia grad with a lot of connections to the school. He said he heard this past weekend that the event management company for UVa's brand new 15,000 seat arena might be close to getting U2 to come in January.

Doubtful, I know, but interesting that it's in the wind....

jon_lemire said:
Another tour rumor:

Take it with a grain of salt, but my brother is a Univiversity of Virignia grad with a lot of connections to the school. He said he heard this past weekend that the event management company for UVa's brand new 15,000 seat arena might be close to getting U2 to come in January.

Doubtful, I know, but interesting that it's in the wind....

Certainly sounds like the sort of rumour you'd here at University.

^ I agree with many posts on this page. I'm not certain about continuing a world tour that had a BIG gap of several months. The hype of HTDAAB has died, Bono has changed his visual image and many things happened since then.

Or U2 compensates the remaining countries that saw dates canceled in a next tour with several and great shows or the band has got to pull out a quick album (I'm not talking about a masterpiece or a #1wonder-album, something like an EP or a little LP) to promote it and not to let the fever get down.

Aygo said:
Bono has changed his visual image and many things happened since then

I agree.

It is an established that fact that once Bono changes hair styles, sports a new jacket, or sports new sunglasses, there will be no more shows for the previously-current tour.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

I agree.

It is an established that fact that once Bono changes hair styles, sports a new jacket, or sports new sunglasses, there will be no more shows for the previously-current tour.

Um, no. Sorry crap theory.

ZooTV Bono's hair length changed quite a bit, they changed their whole look from the first leg and the last i.e. Lemon uniforms.

Pop - Bono had short coiffed hair, then cropped hair, then shaved bald.

Elevation - Changed hair and sunglasses.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

ZooTV Bono's hair length changed quite a bit, they changed their whole look from the first leg and the last i.e. Lemon uniforms.

:|

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I thought he was being sarcastic. :shrug:

*sigh*

There won't be an EP. At least I surely hope there won't. What a waste. All that time and money put into advertising an EP, when we could just wait another year or so and get a real album with another tour.

I half-wish they'd just cut their losses and back into the studio.

The other half of me wishes they'd play another leg in the US before doing that. :wink:

I highly doubt they're coming back to the U.S., although it would be great if they did....Boston again???

wtonis said:
Europe - indoor - 10/15 warm-up shows to get into the groove for the postponed gigs... :drool: :drool:

youve gone and got my hopes up now! but seriously, i cant see that being too much of a way out idea.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

I agree.

yes your right, thats why that one show got cacelled in north carolina that year, someone messed on up Bono's haircut (too short) so they cancelled the show that night. good thing his hair grows back fast.

Back
Top Bottom